Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That is awesome... just curious now if that's going to be a forthcoming add on or part of the adventure package....

Edit: oops - I missed the quotes but this was in response to the Rock Rails in the video.
Maybe they added the rock rails special because they were worried David would hit another rock and break off the oil reservoir like in Bolivia
Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I'm confident that's actually the Launch Green, and it looks sick. Definitely changes in different light.
It's a wrap. I spoke with CS about it, its one of their wraps that will sadly not be available at launch.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

bummer that's not actually "Launch Green" paint... are there any decent photos showing what LG looks like that aren't just Forest Green in shady lighting mistaken for it?

Sponsored

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I was about to come here to post the video and found this thread. I may end up getting the upgraded armor now...

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
This seems to be a tiny brake light?
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.33.10 PM.png
There is a 3rd brake light up top, but it does appear that the rear brake lights do not light up the entire red area....

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I'm less confident, though you are right the colors change a bit. In this picture you can see the green paint in the gear tunnel:
2021-01-11_14-02.png

Has anyone else noticed what looks like a rock rail on other pictures of pre-prod R1Ts?
That's a good catch. The adventure package talks about extended underbody protection all the way to the sides. That might be it.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I know there is a thread for this somewhere, but that roof does look pretty well tinted in the video.

I'm curious what happened when he popped the frunk. They show him popping it, and then cut to him pushing it up the last bit of the way.

Sponsored

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Newer builds are awesome!

Anyone else think the movement of the latch mechanism to the door side of the gear tunnel is a little odd? Seems like something to get caught on and/or make it awkward to sit on it and gear up

Rivian R1T R1S Patagonia to LA to Now | Electric Adventure Vehicles | Rivian Feature Video 70ED6263-7511-4DF5-98A5-6DAA066E7DE2

Rivian R1T R1S Patagonia to LA to Now | Electric Adventure Vehicles | Rivian Feature Video 4DA4CCD8-01C8-4834-BC12-CE051FA86AA2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Golf Alltrack
Newer builds are awesome!

Anyone else think the movement of the latch mechanism to the door side of the gear tunnel is a little odd? Seems like something to get caught on and/or make it awkward to sit on it and gear up

70ED6263-7511-4DF5-98A5-6DAA066E7DE2.jpeg

4DA4CCD8-01C8-4834-BC12-CE051FA86AA2.jpeg
My guess is this saves from having to wire the door and improving reliability.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Having the mechanism on the step would make it very easy for it to get gummed up with mud, sticks, debris. Makes more sense to have the "loop" on the step/door.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I'm curious what happened when he popped the frunk. They show him popping it, and then cut to him pushing it up the last bit of the way.
I noticed that also, and the fact that he ended up pushing it up a little makes me think it didn't open completely as expected....?? Just another kink to be worked out I guess..

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Having the mechanism on the step would make it very easy for it to get gummed up with mud, sticks, debris. Makes more sense to have the "loop" on the step/door.
I agree with that reasoning, but since that the door has been advertised as a place I should stand to load things in the bed or on the roof, I would at least expect that loop to not stick up as far as it *appears* to in the screenshot.
Sponsored