Sponsored

Parts will be a key to success.

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T pre-order, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
Many posts on here talk about Tesla and customer dissatisfaction. One of the biggest complaints is lack of parts. I once waited 2 months for a replacement windshield on my Model X. My friend waited 4 months for a door panel on his X. These stories go on and on and that was big reason I dumped the Tesla brand. My wifes 2019 Nissan Leaf needed a new windshield and it arrived in 3 days. My point is if Rivian wants to make a good impression on the public, the availability of parts will be key. I hope they are working on making that happen. However maybe it is only the major car companies that have the money and supplier network to keep parts on hand. I worry that may be the case and perhaps expecting a startup to be able to meet parts demand may be a pipedream.
Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
You will also find throughout this forum many concerns on how Rivian will provide service and maintenance; parts is just another, and very important, part of that (pardon the pun). Beyond the errant pebble or rock bouncing off the vehicle front end or quarter panels leaving its signature, or cracking a windshield, I can only hope that a company that promotes their EVs as "adventure" vehicles, and all the off road features and capabilities it will have, will anticipate and plan for vehicle parts getting damaged and needing replacement "in a timely manner."

Perhaps those attending the upcoming private event in Atlanta and the subsequent cities can pose this concern to the Rivian reps in attendance if not RJ himself. Whether they provide a sufficient answer or not at this point in time at least they will hear it repeatedly from their potential owners. Rivian, actually RJ, has previously mentioned they're learning what to do and not do from observing Tesla. Let's hope Rivian is still paying attention.

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
I think very light "adventure" is what they are aiming for - like glamping for the upper-middle class target demographic of this vehicle who want to have some fun with all the bells and whistles and none of the inconveniences and risks of real off-roading or adventure. A company like Rivian is not going to have a huge stockpile of parts in case of issues and repairs and one has to expect the turn around time to be quite long. More importantly (for me) the cost is going to be prohibitive to be taking huge risks with any serious off roading or the like.
Sponsored