Sponsored

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
"The great thing about a Rivian is it removes one of the unavoidable irresponsibilities - pollution.'

Yeahhh...does it though?? (I guess that's the kind of self awareness I was thinking of...)
Queue copy pasta from Facebook arguing EVs are worse for the environment than ICE steeped in unsubtle political overtones.
Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have a spot for an R1S, but nonetheless, I cannot wait!

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have to say, from some of these pictures and videos being shared from the TAT trip, they certainly were not babying these things. Super positive result with the few issues they had on the entire length of the trip.

I was also impressed that the part that did fail was sent back to the engineering team for a proper RCA of the failure.

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
I was actually up in durango last month. I have a modestly built 2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon and plenty of off-road experience. I opted not to go run black bear pass because I was solo and I’m familiar with the potential risks of that trail. It’s no joke.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
I'm pretty sure I know exactly where this picture was taken. Just north of Big Summit Prairie. East and slightly north of Prineville, OR. I've ridden the loop around Big Summit Prairie a couple of times on my gravel bike. The wild flowers are spectacular in the spring! Lots of horse trailers kicking up dust around Memorial Day, though. MIdweek is best.

Rivian R1T R1S Part 2: We Drive the 2022 Rivian R1T Off-Road Across the Trans-America Trail - by MotorTrend 2022-Rivian-R1T-Leg-5-28

obababoy

First Name
Chilbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 LR Discovery, 2011 WRX/STI, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

Has there been any talk at all about how that light interior held up? As of right now I am limestone exterior with ocean interior.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Has there been any talk at all about how that light interior held up? As of right now I am limestone exterior with ocean interior.

My first choice was Rivan Blue with Ocean Interior. But I've been leaning towards Limestone with Green interior and it looks awesome! To be honest, I am torn between the two.

Sponsored

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Do you all think that the strut and tie-rod failures would be covered under warranty?

I was hoping to be the first to run Black Bar in an R1T. Maybe the 1st production rig?

obababoy

First Name
Chilbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 LR Discovery, 2011 WRX/STI, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

I need to see the limestone though! The blue has grown on me!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Do you all think that the strut and tie-rod failures would be covered under warranty?

I was hoping to be the first to run Black Bar in an R1T. Maybe the 1st production rig?
It would not be covered as a normal warranty repair, imo. Not unless there they're failing for a lot of people even outside of off-road use.

Rivian MAY choose to "good will" some repairs, but they wouldn't be obligated to do so.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It would not be covered as a normal warranty repair, imo. Not unless there they're failing for a lot of people even outside of off-road use.

Rivian MAY choose to "good will" some repairs, but they wouldn't be obligated to do so.

IIRC their insurance program handles even events like that, not sure about when you dont have their insurance but I reckon NO haha.
Sponsored