First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
As someone who has never had a big garage and usually have just inches to spare in front and behind my Tacoma, I have tried more parking gadgets than I care to admit. For my money this one is by far the best. It can be used with batteries or plugged in, and can be used for 2 separate vehicles if you want. Also love that it can be mounted on a side wall instead of front or right above.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Only car in a two car garage?

how wide Is the door? You could park on an angle.

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Interesting idea.

I think it's standard width for a 2-car garage. We just have cabinets on one side and a bunch of tools and beach gear using a Rubbermaid organization system on the opposite wall.

I'll measure when I get home.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Their garage is too short, the truck will be longer on a diagonal.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Their garage is too short, the truck will be longer on a diagonal.
Most two car garages are wider than they are deep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Does anyone happen to know how much tow hooks add to the overall R1T length? I just did a chat with CS and they said the 217.1 inch spec was "bumper to bumper" and they were unsure if that included the tow hooks. Looking at pictures it looks like tow hooks stick out from the front bumper just a bit.

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I pulled this cropped image from the Compass Yellow thread.
Rivian R1T R1S Parking Sensors, Cameras, and a Small Garage IMG_0321.JPG

and this is the spec image on the Rivian website:

Rivian R1T R1S Parking Sensors, Cameras, and a Small Garage Kona Garage Depth and clearance height copy

I don't see any tow hooks on the spec image and since two hooks are optional, I'm thinking the hooks add a bit to those published length specs. I'll need the tow hooks because I do plan to off-road here on island.

I do hope Rivian clarifies this. People with tight garages such as myself need this information. For now, I'm keeping my R1S plans. This will be too tight of a fit.

RobBass

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 328i Luxury
Occupation
Software Engineer
It only took one day for me to kiss the front wall with the top of the bumper, never driven a truck before and I have a decent size garage 21x21 but the problem is when you let off the pedal the truck stops and barely tapping the pedal doesn't really move the vehicle. Hopefully that can buff out, just glad it did not break or crack the light bar:

Rivian R1T R1S Parking Sensors, Cameras, and a Small Garage 68589592792__E84889FC-12D5-4040-BC45-BB8318627B4F

Any tips on how to super slow roll into the garage? The amount of anxiety this is causing me lol

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
It only took one day for me to kiss the front wall with the top of the bumper, never driven a truck before and I have a decent size garage 21x21 but the problem is when you let off the pedal the truck stops and barely tapping the pedal doesn't really move the vehicle. Hopefully that can buff out, just glad it did not break or crack the light bar:

68589592792__E84889FC-12D5-4040-BC45-BB8318627B4F.jpeg

Any tips on how to super slow roll into the garage? The amount of anxiety this is causing me lol
Turn regenn down, sport mode for more pedal control.

I just place (2) 12x12 cement pavers towards the front of the garage wall to give me peace of mind. They're about 2" thick and my tires hit them and that little bit of resistance will prevent me from kissing the wall. Setup once and you can go in at a decent speed..just dont go too fast as to run over them.
Sponsored