Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I love all the pics of Rivian Blue. But every time in public I see one of these (which its about 20 a day)

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632064720769

Or even these

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632064755127

I dont want to be confused/reminscent of either of those cars

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632064825380

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632064852570

Or

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632064932162

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632064974723

really hope not comparable to this

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632065008522

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time 1632065028123

Basically just agonizing till theres some we can see in the flesh. I guess all the white/black/silver/el cap have it easy since those colors are ubiquitous.
Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
For me it’s a really simple choice: Launch Green

Assuming Rivian is as successful as most of us think it will be LG is the one exclusive color out there. There will hopefully be 100s of thousands of R1Ts and R1S out there in the next few years, but there will only be a few hundred or thousand launch greens out there especially given how many LE reservation holders are planning to get other colors.

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
It’s interesting that you posted this. I was wondering/worrying about the same. I really love the Rivian Blue but trying to place how it compares to what I’m seeing on the road these days. There are blues that seem to work really well, but others on some trucks that just look off. And on the Launch Green, I spent much of this morning browsing photos of Pangea Green Defenders, which might be a very close comparison. And then wondering if that’s where this Launch Green ends up on the color spectrum too. I’ve got a LE R1S and I continue to debate among White, Launch Green, and Rivian Blue. Deep down my heart wants the blue but my family voted against that; my brain says to go with Launch Green (and then a FE interior) because it looks good and exclusive color, although I’ve never been a huge ”green” guy and if it looked anything like that dark olive/army green in the configurator I’d be ready to get rid of it pretty soon. And then there’s white which feels so plain and like every other car out there but man does it look sharp on the R1S with that contrast roof.

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I love all the pics of Rivian Blue. But every time in public I see one of these (which its about 20 a day)
This is an interesting perspective. Maybe I'm in the minority but when I see a new vehicle on the road, comparing its color to other vehicles is not the first thing on my mind. If I see an orange McLaren, I'm not thinking about how similar it is to a Wrangler's orange. I'm thinking, "holy shit it's a McLaren". I hope that thought prevails for you as well when you get your Rivian, regardless of its color :).

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

The answer is obviously for them to blend Canyon Red and Compass Yellow to create an absolutely perfect Orange

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I had thought Rivian colors were very similar to Toyota's too. I could care less what other's think I am driving.

Hell, I would prefer someone think I am driving a $40k truck rather than an $80k one.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This is a totally different point of view than I have. I've never looked at cars and confused them across brands because of color. But I have been looking at colors and comparing different shades of blue, green, grey, etc. wondering how close they are to the Rivian colors. There are definitely some Toyota colors that I like and would be cool having on my Rivian. And there's an Audi in my neighborhood that seems to have a similar grey-green as launch green. I suspect the new Nissan Frontier green is close to forest green. I had a blue FJ, and I like the color. Add in some metalic and that'd be interesting. But I don't associate the colors with the car themselves really. Especially if I like them.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

And there's an Audi in my neighborhood that seems to have a similar grey-green as launch green.
I have one of these in my neighborhood as well. Based on the configurator I think Limestone is a much lighter shade with less green but if it looks like the Audi matte gray I would switch from FG to Limestone.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
I _think_ I love Rivian blue. Yet at times it does look quite teal, which is not my favorite, but I've wanted an electric blue car for years! So to a certain extent you take what you can get. My favorite of all time would be the mid/late 00's Audi Sprint blue. Its successor of Sepang blue was also fantastic. Yet the Rivian blue has some strong traits of good ol Laguna Seca blue from the early 00's BMW M3. I guess overall I'm good with a homage/similarities to these colors. So all that said I'm all in on Rivian blue

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time downloadfile

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time downloadfile-1

Rivian R1T R1S Paranoia about colors / resemblance to other manufacturers i see all the time downloadfile-2

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

It’s kinda hard to expect every color Rivian makes to be unique. It might be a bit strange if it was a color we haven’t seen before. If you really want a unique color one option would be to get it wrapped. I’ve seen some cars with that and it really makes it one of a kind.

Sponsored

OP
OP
protamine

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I had thought Rivian colors were very similar to Toyota's too. I could care less what other's think I am driving.

Hell, I would prefer someone think I am driving a $40k truck rather than an $80k one.

Funny, since I'm spending 80k, I want it to look like an $80k one. Its going to be a conversation starter, brand ambassador etc.

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
For me it’s a really simple choice: Launch Green

Assuming Rivian is as successful as most of us think it will be LG is the one exclusive color out there. There will hopefully be 100s of thousands of R1Ts and R1S out there in the next few years, but there will only be a few hundred or thousand launch greens out there especially given how many LE reservation holders are planning to get other colors.
I picked LG too but I can see in ten years LG being less favorable because of age since the color will immediate date itself.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Keep in mind the vast majority of cars on the road in the US are white, black, gray. I’ve seen some estimates the big three are 90 percent of all cars on the road. That estimate seems to hold true in all my real world surveys. Even in Cali…

Now if you want to differentiate yourself from your Rivian compadres that’s a different catch and release stream of fish?…if that’s the case Launch Green if you got it. Maybe the pricey colors after that?
Sponsored