First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Looks great. Big improvement for sure. And the nice thing about it is that unpainted back plastic trim always fades over time in the sun, but now you won't ever have that problem if you keep the Rivian for a while.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Has anyone looked into doing this with a bedliner like LineX?

Reactions: MRE
OP
OP

hitena1978

First Name
Hiten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S launch Edition, 2006 Audi A8L 4.0t
Occupation
Self employed
Thanks for the positive comments. I totally agree about Rivian making this an option on future models. I mean, not every one wants the rugged off road look on their 6 figure family suv right? I am the owner of the shop which did the work but a good reputable shop would charge about $3k to do this work.

OP
OP

hitena1978

First Name
Hiten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Looks good. Really curious how the finish wears over time.
It should wear/last the same as any other part which is painted. I will be covering the front bumper portion with a clear bra material to protect it from rock chips though

OP
OP

hitena1978

First Name
Hiten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Iam doing the similar on a R1T

Ordered new assys
All hydro dip in carbon
Clear gloss

Same I did to gt2rs

Ppf some areas

IMG_1960.jpeg
I like that carbon look. What do you think it will cost to hydrodip all the parts for the rivian?

Sponsored

Mmcg330

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Cadillac Escalade, BMW 750Li
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

Thanks for the positive comments. I totally agree about Rivian making this an option on future models. I mean, not every one wants the rugged off road look on their 6 figure family suv right? I am the owner of the shop which did the work but a good reputable shop would charge about $3k to do this work.
I really like the paint work and high gloss look on the cladding parts. Did you ever consider painting them same color as vehicle? What city and state is your shop located for those who are considering and in nearby area?

OP
OP

hitena1978

First Name
Hiten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
I really like the paint work and high gloss look on the cladding parts. Did you ever consider painting them same color as vehicle? What city and state is your shop located for those who are considering and in nearby area?
I was thinking about painting them the same color as the car but I chose to do black because that is the newer trend so went with black, especially because the top of the car is already black. I had done my wife's VW Touareg cladding the same color as the car and quite happy with that but that was more than 15 years ago. We are in Long Beach, CA.

harman33

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retail Executive
Finally went ahead and painted the lower cladding on my R1S. Took them off and primed them and painted them glossy black with clear coat. will clear bra the front bumper corner pieces so hopefully it will prevent rock chips. Really happy with the results.

IMG_3791[1].jpg

IMG_3794[1].jpg

IMG_4113[1].jpg

IMG_4115[1].jpg

IMG_4116[1].jpg

IMG_4121[1].jpg

IMG_4120[1].jpg

IMG_4133[1].jpg

IMG_4132[1].jpg

IMG_4131[1].jpg
Looks amazing, do you mind if I ask how much it cost?

Mmcg330

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Cadillac Escalade, BMW 750Li
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

I was thinking about painting them the same color as the car but I chose to do black because that is the newer trend so went with black, especially because the top of the car is already black. I had done my wife's VW Touareg cladding the same color as the car and quite happy with that but that was more than 15 years ago. We are in Long Beach, CA.
What is name of the shop for those in the area looking to do same?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.