Sponsored

Packing Technique? Not sure if this fits the category...

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Packing Technique?  Not sure if this fits the category... 1684296706219
Rivian R1T R1S Packing Technique?  Not sure if this fits the category... 1684296716954
Rivian R1T R1S Packing Technique?  Not sure if this fits the category... 1684296939179

Yes, I pack heavy. 4 days, GF and I. This is partly a test trip for our longer trip later in the summer of 7-9 days. Eventually I will have the Frunk W[==0===0=]TR and can lose the water jug. I might get a light duty hitch mount bike carrier to sling the zerogravity chairs onto.
RovR cooler, REI Hubitat w/garage, Coleman Queen Cot, Coleman Queen airbed, zipper matched Queen sleeping bags, a 6' folding buffet table, toilet tent, shower tent.
2 bottles of Cask Strength WestWard Whiskey, 2 bottles of Rum for my lady, 1/2 gal of Carolans for coffee.
Should be enough...

I will update with camp setup, and I also have the full array of EVAnnex window shades to slap up after I disperse all my gear.
Sponsored

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Jesus Christ. That’s a yearlong trip around the continent worth of shit.

It’s also a great way to get impaled by said stacks of shit when you wreck the vehicle with all the unsecured gear in there.

OP
OP

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

What's in the frunk?
Mainly things like electronics, camp lights, walkie talkies, kitchen bits, some camp tools: learning what I don't need anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Packing Technique?  Not sure if this fits the category... 20230517_100140

no impalations occurred

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Mainly things like electronics, camp lights, walkie talkies, kitchen bits, some camp tools: learning what I don't need anymore.
No. I meant what are those specific containers carrying your gear?

OP
OP

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

OP
OP

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Summary report:
Left Wednesday 745am @ 100% SOC, 31 miles to site, elevation gain from close NE PDX (16ft) to just past Sandy, OR (1024ft)
Arrived with 85% SOC IIRC.
Always a joy on the road. Loaded gear doesn't feel heavy, just vision and care that power can shift things.
Set to Offroad and trundle through my friends pasture through foot high grass, some old limbs, couple little ruts, to his back meadow. Old log bridge over a small creek to a pretty high grade climb gravel and dry soil. No issue at all. I wish we got a Inclinometer! I mean, it can level itself, the sensors can do it.

Rivian R1T R1S Packing Technique?  Not sure if this fits the category... franks back 40_live_1684466027230

Picked out a level area: set up tent, bed, table, chairs, cooler, etc. We camp lazy -I brought out my whiskey and we spent a great day moving our chairs with the shade.
Rivian R1T R1S Packing Technique?  Not sure if this fits the category... 20230517_102300

My GF had good coverage on her iPhone hotspot and she set up her screens and worked away Wednesday afternoon and most of Thursday. I had several phone calls and decent connections.

The Rivian hotspot tested out at 85Mbps but turned off the second driver door closed. I didn't find any setting to keep it on like the Outlets can stay on for 24 hours. I don't like leaving a door open even camping in the back meadow. Bugs...plenty of critters trying to get in all the time.

Several times the interior temperature triggered the "cooling to protect your display." I put up the second roof shade on Thursday morning and thermal control only triggered once thereafter. I didn't put the windshield shade since I would be puttering around the land.

Going back and forth on the dirt track I would hear things going on that I NEVER heard in my FJ. Engine noise covers so much of the scree crunching, and branches, and such. I was surprised at how connected it felt: new sounds etc. without the V6 noise drowning out the little stuff.

We started using the AC outlets more than my GF's battery bricks...ended up at 67% SOC by the time we packs up Saturday morning. Several uses of my electric saucepot, we boiled up water for instant ramen with the teakettle, and then I made myself instant espresso most mornings. We easily set the Energy menu to turn the outlets on, but having that in the App would be a great improvement. Wake up, turn on the outlet with app, shoes on, coffee pot ready to start.

Packed up Saturday 9-10-11 and puttered our way out of the meadow. Headed home, a 31 mile return trip, elevation from 1024ft back to 16ft, back in the garage at 50% SOC.

I think we could easily support 6-10 more people on device charging, more frequent use of the saucepan/teakettle, and we didn't even top off in Sandy on our way in (another 10% easily).
Sponsored