First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Very good article! Jonny Lieberman is my favorite automotive journalist, too, so cool he bought one for his family.

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
I've considered the Toyos mentioned in the article. Seems like they are the lightest LT with decent traction currently available in the stock size.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have been running those Toyos on my Tacoma for the past 3 years and can confirm they are great in all conditions.

Good article. When any auto journalist says a vehicle is the best they’ve ever had, it’s worth noting.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I totally concur with the first part of his article where he talks about how strange it is and how nice to have the truck be "full" every single day because you charge it at home. I didn't charge on Thursday, ran a ton of errands yesterday and ran it down to about 15% battery. It's sitting there waiting for me back at 70% to go and do all the errands I need to do today.

That part is what is making me strongly look at another EV next year to replace my wife's car too. I'm not a big environment guy and I'm not convinced climate change is as big of an immediate threat as is presented, but I have to admit that EV's are just better vehicles with a couple little asterisks. Those being you can't drive more than a couple hundred miles daily and you need a place to plug it in at home. If you have those things EV's are all around better. They drive better, they are much quieter, one pedal is really precise level of control which. makes driving less stressful and every day I get in my truck it's ready to go for the day and it costs me 0 extra time to fuel it.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
After getting the R1T my wife is fully on board with her next car being an EV— she was always worried about what we’d drive in the zombie apocalypse so maybe I’ll keep my old Tacoma
Sponsored