Sponsored

Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
As a Tesla owner, the lack of convenient storage and cup holders is a bit of a pet peeve for me. People have shit. We need places to put shit! Whether that’s sunglasses, drinks or whatever other crap we bring along for the ride, we need places to stash it! That being said, there’s some practical options for sunglasses clips that mount to the sun visor.
Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I just find it hard to believe that as someone who has worn glasses almost his entire driving history, and as someone with eyes so light sensitive it makes his optometrists apologize... I've never ever had this issue. I've never needed to swap my glasses so many times that it mattered where I stored them. Blows my mind, but hey, I guess I'm just doing it wrong ?

For those of you that simply cannot live without being able to change your eyewear every 5 minutes and find the current storage options insufficient, I would recommend something that sticks to the windshield or console light a phone holder. It would be cool to have some statistics to see how many people fall on which side of the line - I just can't imagine this complaint being so common place that Rivian should have engineered for it.
I always use sun visor.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I have some minor things that I will try to remember to share at a later time, but wanted to address a couple things with the accessories.

I wish the rubber mats fully extended to the bottom door sill as there will be lots of pine needles getting in the gap:

Rivian R1T R1S Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far? IMG_19032022_113653_(6_x_4_inch)

I didn't know that the field kit doesn't fit flush in the passenger door storage:

Rivian R1T R1S Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far? IMG_19032022_113637_(6_x_4_inch)

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
The mat thing is truly annoying. The field kit... not so much a problem for me. The pocket isn't usable in either situation for anything else ? Plus, this way it will be easier to pull out when you need it, and in those situations you truly need it you are likely to appreciate the increased ease of access.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I have some minor things that I will try to remember to share at a later time, but wanted to address a couple things with the accessories.

I wish the rubber mats fully extended to the bottom door sill as there will be lots of pine needles getting in the gap:

IMG_19032022_113653_(6_x_4_inch).jpg

I didn't know that the field kit doesn't fit flush in the passenger door storage:

IMG_19032022_113637_(6_x_4_inch).jpg
Drive over the field kit a couple times with the truck, should be enough to flatten it out and make it fit?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Configurator photo definitely gives the impression it should
The pouch probably does, but the contents might make it bumpy

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can wireless charging be disabled as a setting? I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty careless about putting stuff in that tray.
I’d like to be able to turn it off. Since I don’t have a phone with wireless charging. I do have a tiny cast iron frying pan that would fit there. Might be handy for an egg on the go.

hopefully it’ll be a setting by 2023

Sponsored

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
I want to be able to have the truck drop to its lowest suspension height setting when I put it in Park. That way I don't have to remember to put it in Sport/Lowest every time so that my wife can get in and out easily.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I want to be able to have the truck drop to its lowest suspension height setting when I put it in Park. That way I don't have to remember to put it in Sport/Lowest every time so that my wife can get in and out easily.
Wonder what happened to park/kneel mode…

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Delivery crew said not to put anything on top of it. No cards, no metal, nothing with batteries.
It's mainly because of the inductive charger. They don't want it to inadvertently wipe your credit card. I put my wallet there sometimes and it's fine.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
All this griping about a cubby for sunglasses sure is amusing. Just slide them up on top your head. I've never once put my sunglasses somewhere during the day. At night or otherwise when not wearing them, I put them in their sleeve/case and drop them in the center console. Not a big deal. None of my cars have ever wasted space with a dedicated glasses cubby.
We've entered a bizarre era when customers are irritated when a vehicle isn't manufactured to meet every single one of their highly specific desires. It does make for pretty unintentionally hilarious forum threads.
Sponsored