Sponsored

Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
20220413_094857.jpg
Does anyone else have this 'sawtooth ' light pattern? It doesn't look too bad on the wall of the garage but is really noticeable and distracting on the road at night.
I'm wondering if it is a headlight misalignment or just some quirk I have to get used too.
Feedback would be appreciated. If you are not seeing this with your R1Ts, I'll contact Rivian for a service call. Thanks.
Looks like mine.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
20220413_094857.jpg
Does anyone else have this 'sawtooth ' light pattern? It doesn't look too bad on the wall of the garage but is really noticeable and distracting on the road at night.
I'm wondering if it is a headlight misalignment or just some quirk I have to get used too.
Feedback would be appreciated. If you are not seeing this with your R1Ts, I'll contact Rivian for a service call. Thanks.
Thank the 1950s DOT beam pattern requirements.

hesdlight cutoff against a wall is pretty meaningless. The brighter the lights the worse it will look.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I just find it hard to believe that as someone who has worn glasses almost his entire driving history, and as someone with eyes so light sensitive it makes his optometrists apologize... I've never ever had this issue. I've never needed to swap my glasses so many times that it mattered where I stored them. Blows my mind, but hey, I guess I'm just doing it wrong ?

For those of you that simply cannot live without being able to change your eyewear every 5 minutes and find the current storage options insufficient, I would recommend something that sticks to the windshield or console light a phone holder. It would be cool to have some statistics to see how many people fall on which side of the line - I just can't imagine this complaint being so common place that Rivian should have engineered for it.

Im with the OP. I frequently put them on and off while driving as direction changes. I also often forget to put them on and then turn facing the sun and scramble for them.

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
I just find it hard to believe that as someone who has worn glasses almost his entire driving history, and as someone with eyes so light sensitive it makes his optometrists apologize... I've never ever had this issue. I've never needed to swap my glasses so many times that it mattered where I stored them. Blows my mind, but hey, I guess I'm just doing it wrong ?

For those of you that simply cannot live without being able to change your eyewear every 5 minutes and find the current storage options insufficient, I would recommend something that sticks to the windshield or console light a phone holder. It would be cool to have some statistics to see how many people fall on which side of the line - I just can't imagine this complaint being so common place that Rivian should have engineered for it.
Very interesting observation and something that totally makes sense under very specific conditions. Of course this problem is very subjective.
I too have worn glasses from a very young age. Please consider the specifics of where you are driving. For example, when I visit friends or family in Northern Minnesota or Portland, Oregon (specifically not during the summer period of July 23-24), I find that I am less likely to need sunglasses than when I am I'm driving, on a similar date, in more southerly or higher altitude locals like Georgia, Texas, Florida or areas of high altitude in Colorado.
Again, subjective, but interesting.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Very interesting observation and something that totally makes sense under very specific conditions. Of course this problem is very subjective.
I too have worn glasses from a very young age. Please consider the specifics of where you are driving. For example, when I visit friends or family in Northern Minnesota or Portland, Oregon (specifically not during the summer period of July 23-24), I find that I am less likely to need sunglasses than when I am I'm driving, on a similar date, in more southerly or higher altitude locals like Georgia, Texas, Florida or areas of high altitude in Colorado.
Again, subjective, but interesting.
Since being of driving age, wearing glasses the whole time, I've lived in Missouri, Michigan, California, Florida, Ohio, New York, Idaho, and Washington.

My behaviors WRT sunglasses didn't change in any of them. If the sun was up, I wore sunglasses. If the sun was down, I did not.

🤷

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Since being of driving age, wearing glasses the whole time, I've lived in Missouri, Michigan, California, Florida, Ohio, New York, Idaho, and Washington.

My behaviors WRT sunglasses didn't change in any of them. If the sun was up, I wore sunglasses. If the sun was down, I did not.

🤷
Of course. We are all very different and have different experiences. Just another random experience from me for consideration. 👍

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
I took delivery earlier this week and noticed some of the same alignment/gap problems. Pointed them out to my delivery guide and he said I should enter a service request.

Wondering if they were able to improve the gaps and hood alignment? If so, how long did they keep the truck to complete the work?

Thanks

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I took delivery earlier this week and noticed some of the same alignment/gap problems. Pointed them out to my delivery guide and he said I should enter a service request.

Wondering if they were able to improve the gaps and hood alignment? If so, how long did they keep the truck to complete the work?

Thanks
I honestly think its a "get 'em out the door and if they have a problem with something, let service take care of it" scenario with all these vehicles.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Now, per my Guide, Rivian is making final adjustments and repairs at the Delivery Center (in my case, at the Dallas, Texas DC). Mine is been there for over a week getting 'prep' for home delivery. And due to shortages in delivery trucks, My Step 8 looks like this...

Rivian R1T R1S Owners: What are your biggest gripes so far? Screenshot_20220513-211254_Chrome

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Now, per my Guide, Rivian is making final adjustments and repairs at the Delivery Center (in my case, at the Dallas, Texas DC). Mine is been there for over a week getting 'prep' for home delivery. And due to shortages in delivery trucks, My Step 8 looks like this...

Screenshot_20220513-211254_Chrome.jpg
Almost there

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I don't have my mats yet but I knew this was going to be an issue after I saw them in LA. Stuff is just going to collect around under these mats but that is common on some high end aftermarket mats too in my experience.

Maybe the aftermarket will come with something better eventually but likely not before 2023.
I just canceled the $175 rubber mats after reading owners complaints. The mats should extend over the sills to protect the carpet.

Jtg11

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Mustang Mach E GT, Audi Q5,
Clubs

Not sure what is so hard to understand... I have same issue ... ANYONE who wears prescription glasses and has prescription sunglasses wears the sunglasses during day driving and needs a convenient place to put their regular glasses and when it gets dark they need a place to conveniently put their prescription sunglasses while they wear their regular glasses. Not that complex to understand.

Last edited:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Not sure what is so hard to understand... I have same issue ... ANYONE who wears prescription glasses and has prescription sunglasses wears the sunglasses during day driving and needs a convenient place to put their regular glasses and when it gets dark they need a place to conveniently put their prescription sunglasses while they wear their regular glasses. Not that complex to understand.
Except as I pointed out I wear prescription glasses and sunglasses and have never had this issue, so no, anyone is not the correct term, unless you are implying I'm not human and don't count.

Deleted member 7086

Not sure this is the right forum to raise this but the FM signal quality in my R1T is terrible. By far the worst of the cars I have owned over the past years. I realize the market for FM radio is shrinking but there are occasions where I use it, no cell coverage, a particular station I enjoy, etc. I was curious about what others thought about the quality of the signal in their Rivians? FM radio has always had a degree of static but mine is excessive.
Sponsored