Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Some short term high mileage can be from road trips, etc. Most high mileage electrical vehicles year over year are simply due to a long work commute.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Late March, 9600 miles. AT's look fantastic. Rotated at 5,000 miles. Hoping for 35,000 miles on those tires, as they are going to send me to the poor farm.......My Rivian experience is a 10+ thus far (managed expectations as an early adopter).....

F1shSkier

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
Solar Energy Consultant
Clubs

June delivery, so I'm at the 4 month milestone and I've already driven over 12,000 miles thanks to a couple of road trips and a sales job. I average about 5 miles/day on gravel, so I'm really testing the truck's durability, but so far it still feels like new.

I did only recently rotate the tires and get my spare put in. Hoping to rotate every 5k with the spare now to keep it even.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Ha, I posted this same question on a FB group and the 1st response was “tell me you’re new to EVs without telling me you’re new to EVs” so I deleted it, thought I asked some kind of taboo question…guess it was just a dickhead. And yes, I’m new to EVs.

Can’t wait to put this kind of mileage on my S. ~40 mi/week will be rocky/gravel/off-road here in CO

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Late March, 13,8xx miles...so far so good....

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Late May Delivery with about 12,500 miles on currently. I have the 20" AT wheel/ tires and done 5 wheel rotation every 5K miles (so twice). My very unscientific estimate is I will get 30K miles out of a set of 5 tires then buy 5 new (yes I know the "spare" would have 20K and the other 4 would have 25K miles). I usually replace tires on the early side especially if they are close going into a
Northeast winter. I will weigh the options of OE tires or something different when the time comes.
All-in-all my Rivian Vin 5903 has been issue free aside from the minor glitchy software related stuff. I have no clunking in the half shafts, power tonneau is holding up, no suspension issues... There are a lot of threads of people with bad experiences but people forget most people don't post when everything works as it should.

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Late May Delivery with about 12,500 miles on currently. I have the 20" AT wheel/ tires and done 5 wheel rotation every 5K miles (so twice). My very unscientific estimate is I will get 30K miles out of a set of 5 tires then buy 5 new (yes I know the "spare" would have 20K and the other 4 would have 25K miles). I usually replace tires on the early side especially if they are close going into a
Northeast winter. I will weigh the options of OE tires or something different when the time comes.
All-in-all my Rivian Vin 5903 has been issue free aside from the minor glitchy software related stuff. I have no clunking in the half shafts, power tonneau is holding up, no suspension issues... There are a lot of threads of people with bad experiences but people forget most people don't post when everything works as it should.
this, nobody high-fives when a company delivers, but they definitely do complain if they miss the mark (understandable). What’s the customer-support axiom, make one person happy & they might tell 3 of their friends but piss one person off & they’ll tell everyone they can?

Anecdotes & reports like yours, from someone actually out there, are worth 10x of these YT “advert-reviews” - thank you!

Really eager to hear from everyone what kinds of range hits we’ll see once there’s snow on the ground & it’s frickin’ freezing out. Any range hits from major cold for you yet?

Sponsored

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Also late March delivery, at 14,534 miles. I don't have a commute or anything but two long road trips this summer, first Oregon to the SW and just back to Oregon from a trip to Wisconsin that went over 5k miles.
Great post on the camping trip, I take it no major quirks or issues in your total ownership experience?

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
this, nobody high-fives when a company delivers, but they definitely do complain if they miss the mark (understandable). What’s the customer-support axiom, make one person happy & they might tell 3 of their friends but piss one person off & they’ll tell everyone they can?

Anecdotes & reports like yours, from someone actually out there, are worth 10x of these YT “advert-reviews” - thank you!

Really eager to hear from everyone what kinds of range hits we’ll see once there’s snow on the ground & it’s frickin’ freezing out. Any range hits from major cold for you yet?
I try to mention my single data point of a really good experience when I can. I'm sure the likelihood of having significant problems with an R1 is way higher than if you buy a Camry but the plus side is also way higher.
It's been warmer than usual so far this fall here in upstate NY and no snow yet so I can't say first hand on cold weather range impact, I'm sure there are plenty of members here that can. I will say that in my use case thus far the R1T guess-o-meter has been very accurate and the range has been very close to the EPA estimates. Speeds in excess of 70mph and heavy cabin heat do reduce range but are predictable and IMO not excessive. Vampire battery drain has improved significantly with OTA updates.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Great post on the camping trip, I take it no major quirks or issues in your total ownership experience?
I wouldn’t say that. Don’t get me wrong I love my truck but It’s been broken a few times, most significantly when the air suspension broke. Getting service has been/is a challenge as they can’t seem to do much in Portland so they send my truck to Bellevue and don’t always fix everything right the first time.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I wouldn’t say that. Don’t get me wrong I love my truck but It’s been broken a few times, most significantly when the air suspension broke. Getting service has been/is a challenge as they can’t seem to do much in Portland so they send my truck to Bellevue and don’t always fix everything right the first time.
That's my secret to keeping the mileage low on my truck. I haven't even heard from service in nearly a week. Have put 2k miles on my Polestar since the truck went in.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That's my secret to keeping the mileage low on my truck. I haven't even heard from service in nearly a week. Have put 2k miles on my Polestar since the truck went in.
True enough. If I did have a regret it was selling my EV6 when I got the Rivian, sadly the Rivian hasn’t been ideal for an only vehicle. Enterprise rental cars and Uber credits just don’t cut it for me.
Sponsored