Sponsored

Overland Expo in AZ. Anyone here attend??

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Just curious if any forum members were at Overland Expo West this past weekend?

I know Rivian was a title sponsor, so curious if they had anything to show off?
Sponsored

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Rivian had a white R1T with a camp kitchen and Snow Peak was an exhibitor next to it. The Expo was really cool and Rivian had quite a buzz of people around and talking about it (heard three people mention Rivian as we wandered). Nothing really new on the Rivian front and obviously not an R1S or it would be all over the forums. The YouTuber, Rivian Dad, was there recording content and should have something posted soon.

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Rivian had a white R1T with a camp kitchen and Snow Peak was an exhibitor next to it. The Expo was really cool and Rivian had quite a buzz of people around and talking about it (heard three people mention Rivian as we wandered). Nothing really new on the Rivian front and obviously not an R1S or it would be all over the forums. The YouTuber, Rivian Dad, was there recording content and should have something posted soon.
I figured at a minimum they would have had the S there, but considering it doesn't have as much custom "Rivian Overland" gear specific to it, I suppose it makes sense it was absent.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I'm more interested in the events to talk to engineers and product people. Were these just marketing event staff or did they actually send someone useful?

Ford had ev engineers at the f150 events and we had some good conversations.

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
I'm more interested in the events to talk to engineers and product people. Were these just marketing event staff or did they actually send someone useful?

Ford had ev engineers at the f150 events and we had some good conversations.
To be honest I didn’t spend much time since I have already had my test drive and watched a hundred videos. Spent more time exploring others inventions and creative engineering.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
To be honest I didn’t spend much time since I have already had my test drive and watched a hundred videos. Spent more time exploring others inventions and creative engineering.
So anything inventive and creative to report? ;)
Sponsored