Sponsored

Blaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55
That stupid plastic motor support is the only thing I hate about the i3.

On my 3rd i3 - second i3s. It will have to go when the R1T comes but it will be a very sad day.
Yeah, I wouldn't buy another '14-'16 i3 with the plastic mount. Probably avoid the carbon roof, too, even though I love it, to avoid the delamination issues. I'd love to pick up an i3s for a commuter. Maybe after prices come back down.
Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
+1 on AA. Personally, my favorite reviewer.
My wife hates him though. "Ugh, this guy again?" Loves iJustine though.

As my dad would say, "Different strokes for different folks."

I think the only thing we can all agree on is that Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself. 😁

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
. I also tend to be a bit of a perfectionist though, and that may be shining through...
Haha, I hit both extremes. Partly because I generally am forced to live with "good enough," prifessionally, so I appreciatethe constraints Kyle and Tom have.
I'm hopeful that someone will rise to the occasion and start producing content with more thoughtfulness and controls. I'd really like to see an RTINGS or Hardware Unboxed approach to automotive journalism and video production.
I know Kyle is trying to get more data centric, but you quickly get limited by vehicles like the R1T and Tesla where you have to tap into the CAN to get native live data. That's just more than you can ask a reviewer to do.

He does have a bunch of testing equipment that he recently got for things like NVH, but he needs to learn how to use it first.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Yeah, I wouldn't buy another '14-'16 i3 with the plastic mount. Probably avoid the carbon roof, too, even though I love it, to avoid the delamination issues. I'd love to pick up an i3s for a commuter. Maybe after prices come back down.
The 14', which was my first one, was a COMPLETE nightmare. I had the REx because I was worried about range loss in the winter and not surviving a single round trip commute, and the damn thing had me in the BMW service center every other week. Just the REx. Everything else was fine.

I would love to hold onto mine as a daily commuter because it is perfect in that role but my last i3s was intentionally a lease because I knew the R1T was on the way.

I may be tempted to find one on the used market after prices come back down. But for sure an i3s over an i3. Maybe via CarMax as I can get an extended warranty for a fraction of what BMW would charge and then I'd take it to BMW on CarMax's dime to fix anything anyway because there is no way CarMax could work on it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

My wife hates him though. "Ugh, this guy again?" Loves iJustine though.

As my dad would say, "Different strokes for different folks."

I think the only thing we can all agree on is that Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself. 😁
The fact that your wife is even watching him is a WIN!

I'm a scientist so I also value transparency in your methodology and experimental design rigor which is very hard to find in most of these review channels.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The fact that your wife is even watching him is a WIN!

I'm a scientist so I also value transparency in your methodology and experimental design rigor which is very hard to find in most of these review channels.
I’d like to add to the abundant speculation here. I believe your ex-wife left you for Kyle. That’s it. That’s the only explanation for this entire thread and your endless posts on the topic. 🤪

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
…just gotta accept Kyle falls somewhere between the white coats at Consumer Reports and the kids at the beach with Kim Java. I’m sure most here don’t care for Kim but they were the first to show me what an EV road trip would look like and cured my range anxiety. OoS taught me all about charge curves and how to surf them effectively on a road trip. Also how scary the EA network is at the moment but no matter…

Accept they’re all infotainment and move on…

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I’d like to add to the abundant speculation here. I believe your ex-wife left you for Kyle. That’s it. That’s the only explanation for this entire thread and your endless posts on the topic. 🤪
I only starting commenting on this thread well after it started - I didn't start it.

I have commended Kyle throughout when it was merited - even defended him at times until I was attacked by one of his shills who mysteriously disappeared. I only challenged the relationship between his only sponsor, RIVIAN, and the ability for him to be unbiased which is a fair question to ask given everything that has happened.

To add - I have been nothing but positive and appreciative of Kyle's content prior to this thread - check the tape.

I'm not the one who cut the line and negotiated the same for half a dozen of his friends that pissed off the forum and started this thread.

I don't have an ex-wife and no offense to Kyle, his looks, ability to dress (or apparently to understand how pant inseams work) aren't his strong suit.

This topic has now been litigated across a very long thread. Let's all agree that we will each view Kyle's content with whatever lens each of us is entitled to view it with and MOVE ON.

Last edited:

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Looks like I’m all out of Orville Redenbacher in my pantry, so off I go to the store for today’s posts…🍿

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Fin.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Looks like I’m all out of Orville Redenbacher in my pantry, so off I go to the store for today’s posts…🍿
What, no Jiffy Pop!?!?

Rivian R1T R1S OutofSpec Kyle Gets His R1T - Rivian Factory Delivery Video jiffy po

OP
OP

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
He's just bought a Plaid now too.

So in the past couple of months, he's bought:

E-Tron
Land Rover
Rivian