First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
It's awesome that final milage was off only by 4 miles from the Guess O Meter. Incredible at 70mph.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is exactly the video Iā€™ve been waiting for. Glad there were no surprises, this will work perfectly for me for the type of all around driving Iā€™d do. Hopefully Driver+ and lane keep assist can be decoupled in the future. I donā€™t mind roads arenā€™t mapped but a good bit of trip fatigue could also be mitigated by a basic lane keep assist with or without a ā€œsimpleā€ adaptive cruise.

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
I can't access youtube right now - what were the results? Was it with off-road package and 20s?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Pretty good Iā€™d say. Living in CO like Kyle I wouldnā€™t be comfortable going with anything other than the 20ā€ ATs, but those of you who donā€™t need those will get a few extra miles each charge.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I can't access youtube right now - what were the results? Was it with off-road package and 20s?
Yes, his truck has 20ā€ ATs. Start of trip with full charge the system told him he would have 293 miles and when he returned to the office after confirming on Google maps he got about 290 miles. He had a tail wind headed east and a headwind coming back. Pretty good overall!

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Yes, 20" AT tires in conserve mode. 293 miles projected on the GOM 100% charge, 289 miles driven by Odometer and 292 miles per Google map calculation.

EDIT: LOL, COdogman and I were replying at the same time.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Pretty impressive results I would say. Looks like if you really baby it you could get beyond the EPA results. Iā€™m sure with the other tire configurations, youā€™ll get a better range as well.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It was surprising that the truck said 124KW used down to zero. The pack is 135 and the thought had been that was very close to the useable amount. Maybe not.

Sponsored

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Why is 73 mph on the dash really 70 mph?

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
This is about the range I'd get from my Taycan 4S on 20" tires doing the test the way he did, maybe a bit less.

Good result but not amazing. I'd like to see the test in All Purpose mode as it sounds like conserve isn't the most enjoyable to drive in, especially for those of us with beat up highways.

I'd also like to see the test at 80-82ish MPH, which is the real speed most of us will highway cruise at. There tends to be a large efficiency drop from 70 to 80.

Last edited:

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Why is 73 mph on the dash really 70 mph?
There's always some error with indicated (speedometer) speed and actual GPS speed. Some cars have a large variance, some have smaller. 3mph at ~70mph is one of the better ones I've seen. The variance gets a lot higher as speeds increase.

If you watch "top speed" runs on YouTube where the speedo says something like 200mph, GPS will show something like 185mph instead.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
It was surprising that the truck said 124KW used down to zero. The pack is 135 and the thought had been that was very close to the useable amount. Maybe not.
I believe the battery buffer is 128 kW, I donā€™t remember where I saw that though

Reactions: Guy

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Pretty impressive results I would say. Looks like if you really baby it you could get beyond the EPA results. Iā€™m sure with the other tire configurations, youā€™ll get a better range as well.
And he said it had the off-road equipment
Sponsored