Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Iā€™m torn on the camp speaker. Itā€™s hard for me to think of a piece of technology or gear thatā€™s more polarizing in the camping and backpacking community than speakers. Due to its bulk, I donā€™t expect to hear this on hikes any time soon, luckily.

The light output is disappointing. Such a good idea, poorly executed. I guess I wonā€™t be selling the Coleman lanterns anytime soon.

And Iā€™ve heard mixed reports on if the speaker is standard on all trims or just Adventure/LE. The last I checked on the website it wasnā€™t listed under any trim, giving credibility to it being standard.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
That they decided to do a separate camp speaker review? Awesome.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m torn on the camp speaker. Itā€™s hard for me to think of a piece of technology or gear thatā€™s more polarizing in the camping and backpacking community than speakers. Due to its bulk, I donā€™t expect to hear this on hikes any time soon, luckily.

The light output is disappointing. Such a good idea, poorly executed. I guess I wonā€™t be selling the Coleman lanterns anytime soon.

And Iā€™ve heard mixed reports on if the speaker is standard on all trims or just Adventure/LE. The last I checked on the website it wasnā€™t listed under any trim, giving credibility to it being standard.
Customer service has said it isn't included with Explore, which I am just fine with. I just am curious to if the area it latches is open or would it be covered with a plate or something. Would be nice if it was just extra storage.

Reactions: Guy

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I just sent an email to Rivian suggesting offering the Camp Speaker as a stand-alone item in the Gear Shop so we pick up a second one for round the house use whilst keeping the original in the truck for destination (boat/beach) use. Never hurts to ask....

Sponsored

cheffie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI Cooper S Conv, VW GTI
Occupation
Chef
I just sent an email to Rivian suggesting offering the Camp Speaker as a stand-alone item in the Gear Shop so we pick up a second one for round the house use whilst keeping the original in the truck for destination (boat/beach) use. Never hurts to ask....
I could be wrong but I think the camp speaker was on display in the retail shop @ Rivian Hub, Venice.

Its possible they would go on sale separately down the lineā€¦though Iā€™m sure right now they need every single one they make for the trucks.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I am glad I get it with my LE. I donā€™t intend to use it in the truck though. I will use it inside my house as a Bluetooth speaker. I intend to use the space it occupies in the vehicle for storage.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Rivian could come up with a line of alternative items that go into the camp speaker nook and charge. I could imagine a thermos or lunch box that heated or cooled. Or a giant flashlight. Or a mini vacuum. Or a cordless air compressor. Or a taser. Or a CB/police scanner.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

17+ minutes to do a BT speaker review?
The length of these videos are definitely out of hand for the amount of information they offer.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The length of these videos are definitely out of hand for the amount of information they offer.
They are great. Ideas with more to come.

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

I find it kind of humorous that 6 months ago a flip phone drive-by photo of a wrapped R1T would have 20 pages of comments, but today a 15 minute review of a feature gets TL;DW.
Sponsored