Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I was already nervous about the combination of that strong Regen, 7000 Ib beast on a downhill slippery surface and my 20ā€ street tires. This definitely didnā€™t put my mind at ease. It sounds like unless they rethink how Regen works, street tires are for Florida only.

Edit: 5900 lb for my R1S

Last edited:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
There are no 20" street tires for the R1s? I'm confused.

As for the video, I think I kinda expected max regen to have that problem in those conditions. Isn't it usually advisable to set regen to low in low-traction settings?

I'm also confused that I didn't notice him try drift mode. He said he did, but I didn't see him select it or talk about it. Maybe I missed it while looking at my phone. He kept saying he wanted more wheel slippage... that's entirely the point of drift mode...

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

@OutofSpecKyle does the heated steering wheel have uniform heating throughout, specifically at 12 o clock position? I know most heated steering wheels only heat typically 2-4 and 8-10 o clock positions.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
There are no 20" street tires for the R1s? I'm confused.

As for the video, I think I kinda expected max regen to have that problem in those conditions. Isn't it usually advisable to set regen to low in low-traction settings?

I'm also confused that I didn't notice him try drift mode. He said he did, but I didn't see him select it or talk about it. Maybe I missed it while looking at my phone. He kept saying he wanted more wheel slippage... that's entirely the point of drift mode...
Judging by @Max Order info Iā€™m going to guess it was a typing error.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
@OutofSpecKyle does the heated steering wheel have uniform heating throughout, specifically at 12 o clock position? I know most heated steering wheels only heat typically 2-4 and 8-10 o clock positions.
The top half is heated, I don't think the bottom is.

Edit: I'll verify...
Edit 2: Alexa will turn it on!
Edit 3: Yes, the full wheel is heated. The upper section is just bigger and heats up faster.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

The top half is heated, I don't think the bottom is.

Edit: I'll verify...
Edit 2: Alexa will turn it on!
Im a huge fan of the included spyware on the vehicle!

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Interesting about ice/ slush building up on the headlights and blocking them. Kyle noted it was significant enough that he manually cleared them and I don't think Kyle is a fan of manually doing anything (no offense Kyle). It's possible this could be a major concern with the unique shape and position of the Rivian headlights. Looks like a hydrophobic coating will be a necessity in Northern climates.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Interesting about ice/ slush building up on the headlights and blocking them. Kyle noted it was significant enough that he manually cleared them and I don't think Kyle is a fan of manually doing anything (no offense Kyle). It's possible this could be a major concern with the unique shape and position of the Rivian headlights. Looks like a hydrophobic coating will be a necessity in Northern climates.
A side effect of LED headlights. Some have a fan to direct heat from the epectronics to the lenses to combat this problem, some aftermarket ones have heating elements on the front lenses.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I bummed about this, my wrangler does it too. Iā€™m surprised Rivian overlooked this.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Lots of good stuff but locking the real wheels at low speed is very concerning. This truck really, really needs a snow mode/no regen mode.

But I wish he tested that in all purpose, too much testing in rally mode.

Love the content though, it's super helpful and the man is like an encyclopedia of automotive knowledge.
Sponsored

Last edited: