Sponsored

Out of Spec Kyle has the F150 lightning.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Really hope they let him do a range and charge test. But I doubt it.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They are somewhere in and around San Antonio...Hill Country area....cuz he just used the fast charger I've been using last night.

Edit: Yup, they are up in Comfort, Texas.

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

TFL does as well

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Looks like @OutofSpecKyle has the F150 lightning,

Damn it looks ugly doesn’t it?? When I first started looking at Rivians I thought the Rivians were weird looking. Now I think every other truck in existence looks weird.

But this one somehow more so

Sponsored

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Damn it looks ugly doesn’t it?? When I first started looking at Rivians I thought the Rivians were weird looking. Now I think every other truck in existence looks weird.

Just looks like an F-150 with different DRLs and different wheels to me - which I'm sure was the point.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
I think it looks great. Will be interesting to see how he thinks it compares to the R1T. I think both are priced right for what they offer, but a direct comparison from somebody who has experience reviewing both will be interesting.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

Yeah, I don't know what it is, but it does look off. I think the proportions are off. The truck bed seems thin while the front end looks very chunky.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I think it looks great. Will be interesting to see how he thinks it compares to the R1T. I think both are priced right for what they offer, but a direct comparison from somebody who has experience reviewing both will be interesting.
I'll be honest, I'm not expecting an impartial comparison from TFL given how "soured their grapes" were not getting the Rivian before other outlets. Now they have an F-150 right out the gate, so the gripes they eagerly highlighted with the rivian both before and during their hands-on, will likely be side stepped in favour of a more positive take on the F-150.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
the F150 lightning press drives are happening in San Antonio. “Everyone” is there.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

It’s the grill area….looks cheap.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'll be honest, I'm not expecting an impartial comparison from TFL given how "soured their grapes" were not getting the Rivian before other outlets. Now they have an F-150 right out the gate, so the gripes they eagerly highlighted with the rivian both before and during their hands-on, will likely be side stepped in favour of a more positive take on the F-150.
I really don't care about their opinion, I'm more interested in any data they can gather for example charging curve and tow range testing. I've had an F-150 before, so I know what to expect, just this time its electric.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
The look is ok, very traditional. For platinum, I really didn't like plasticy look of the front. But that's partly because of they wanted to make the front lighter. The way frunk open is way more useful IMO!
Sponsored