Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I put together a little video (drone) of our first adventure with our new baby. Nothing exciting, and a bit boring to most, but we really enjoyed where our R1T took us. Place that we hadn't been able to go before.

This is in the Channeled Scablands of E. WA where the huge Ice Age Floods (about 16,000 ya) ripped through and took out all the beautiful loess top soil, then cut out deep channels and coulees through the basalt below. It's a facinating an unique place! A Rivian wonderland! Right now, there are wildflowers and lush sage/grasslands to enjoy. Probably in a few weeks, it will all turn brown and be hot and dry again.

Video

Rivian R1T R1S OUR RIVIAN'S FIRST ADVENTURE! E. Washington State Channeled Scablands Rivian14MayTripThumbnail
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I put together a little video (drone) of our first adventure with our new baby. Nothing exciting, and a bit boring to most, but we really enjoyed where our R1T took us. Place that we hadn't been able to go before.

This is in the Channeled Scablands of E. WA where the huge Ice Age Floods (about 16,000 ya) ripped through and took out all the beautiful loess top soil, then cut out deep channels and coulees through the basalt below. It's a facinating an unique place! A Rivian wonderland! Right now, there are wildflowers and lush sage/grasslands to enjoy. Probably in a few weeks, it will all turn brown and be hot and dry again.

Video

Rivian14MayTripThumbnail.jpg
Beautiful truck, landscape, and video!

rivianfan

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 Ford Bronco , 2016 Ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
retired
Where did you leave from and did you have to charge anywhere alone the way.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Annie! When did you sneak in getting your truck?! Are you loving it?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Annie, Congratulations on getting your Rivian finally.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Where did you leave from and did you have to charge anywhere alone the way.
We live just 17 miles south of Odessa, so it was just a short hop up there for us. Charged at home before leaving. Only around a 30-40 mile trip up for us. I think we put on around 75 miles that day--nothing much.

There are EA DCFC's in Ritzville, however, that would easily get you up to the locations in the video!!
The ones shown are all BLM areas.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Annie! When did you sneak in getting your truck?! Are you loving it?
🤣 I sneaked in last week on Wednesday!! :clap: We picked it up in Bellevue. I did post it in this forum--you're not paying attention. ;)
YES!!! We are loving it!! Big learning curve, though, on how to use everything.
It's a dream come true!!
Rivian R1T R1S OUR RIVIAN'S FIRST ADVENTURE! E. Washington State Channeled Scablands 20220511_124042 (2)

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
When I had family in Chelan in the 90s I thought it would be wonderful to have an EV because the residential rate for electricity was/is so cheap in those parts. It is still 3.5 cents kw or thereabouts…

Fun pictures from an amazing landscape. I still marvel at the giant boulders from out of nowhere sitting in the wheat fields…

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
Loved the video, and congratulations on getting your truck. I heard a geologist give a talk about that region and Glacial Lake Agassiz repeatedly flooding that area over the eons as huge ice dams would give way. Really a remarkable part of geological history. Here's a good article with additional Scablands photos from the Smithsonian.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...fic-northwest-fascinate-scientists-180979749/

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Loved the video, and congratulations on getting your truck. I heard a geologist give a talk about that region and Glacial Lake Agassiz repeatedly flooding that area over the eons as huge ice dams would give way. Really a remarkable part of geological history. Here's a good article with additional Scablands photos from the Smithsonian.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...fic-northwest-fascinate-scientists-180979749/
It was not Glacial Lake Agassiz. It was Glacial Lake Missoula and possibly even some floods from Canada (still being debated). There is lots of great information and videos online about the Ice Age Missoula floods that ripped through here.

This is a fun video that gives you a fairly good sense of what one of the many floods may have been like coming through. It's mind blowing!!

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
Thanks for the.correction - should have checked that. And appreciate the video link!
Sponsored