OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Glad to see the OTAs are already happening. Very odd that the rear climate display is no longer functional.
Yes I am super happy about it too. I must say this update really made everything feel much snappier.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Yes I am super happy about it too. I must say this update really made everything feel much snappier.
Thank you for posting the release notes. I saw the comment about Bluetooth audio. Is the interface for Bluetooth media active? If so can you please post pics or a brief video of how it looks and functions?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Why can't you be plugged into DC Fast charging during an update?
Interesting that they've lost functionality of the rear display. I guess rear passengers can't have nice things.. ?

Sponsored

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
Off topic, but I wonder when there will be 3rd party anti-dust / anti-glare screen protectors ready for R1's. This thing is getting messy :like:

Rivian R1T R1S OTA software update version 2021.49.2 installed - release notes and feedback Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.50.52 AM

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Interesting that they've lost functionality of the rear display. I guess rear passengers can't have nice things.. ?
I think I'll just have to tell my kids "If you don't like it, you can just ride in the Gear Tunnel!"

Oh, wait. I forgot....I don't have kids. I knew I forgot to do something!

Good to hear some great feedback that the updates are rolling out already. Thank you, @Iwantatesla for the many, many updates, pics, and videos you continue to provide. They're clearly appreciated by all! ???

Last edited:

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Tesla is the same way. I assume it's a combination of "avoid battery damage" (the car needs to be talking to the charger while charging) and "don't block a charger stall for 20 minutes while your car updates."

eemri

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 Polestar Engineered
Clubs

I think I'll just have to tell my kids "If you don't like, you can ride in the Gear Tunnel!"

Oh, wait. I forgot....I don't have kids. I knew I forgot to do something!

Good to hear some great feedback that the updates are rolling out already. Thank you, @Iwantatesla for the many, many updates, pics, and videos you continue to provide. They're clearly appreciated by all! ???
If only you'd have ordered the Max pack, you'd have plenty of time to go have a kid before the vehicle is delivered :D

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If only you'd have ordered the Max pack, you'd have plenty of time to go have a kid before the vehicle is delivered :D
If I'd ordered both the $40,000 versions of the Lightning and CyberTruck, my kid may already have a driver's license before either truck is delivered.

Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Well since they obviously don't have enough cupholders for the 25 occupants back there, every drop would have definitely contaminated the rear display's functions, so they had to disable it until the they can figure out how to solve the whole cupholdergate controversy. :CWL:

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
In light of all these CES announcements of competitor trucks and blah blah RIVN is taking a dump. Ignore the noise.

I'm going on record saying this-- with my experience so far and as I got to put the truck through its paces-- The R1T is the best driving truck on the road right now and arguably one of the best vehicles ever made. I know the wait is painful for many of you but it's going to be so unbelievably worth it.

I am working on more content but got hit with COVID sadly so things have come to a screeching halt for me.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

In light of all these CES announcements of competitor trucks and blah blah RIVN is taking a dump. Ignore the noise.

I'm going on record saying this-- with my experience so far and as I got to put the truck through its paces-- The R1T is the best driving truck on the road right now and arguably one of the best vehicles ever made. I know the wait is painful for many of you but it's going to be so unbelievably worth it.

I am working on more content but got hit with COVID sadly so things have come to a screeching halt for me.

Speedy Recovery sir. Isolation produces more content! Ha

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

This is encouraging to hear about eh R1. Speedy recover to you. Stay strong!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

sorry to hear you got covid, hope you're doing ok.

when you feel better, i have a question about Rivian Membership. has that started for you and have they given you any details about it? is it free, how long, free charging?
Sponsored