Sponsored

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hi folks, new to the forum. I have been lurking for several months while waiting for delivery and haven't had anything to contribute until now.

Picked up my R1T two weeks ago and immediately bought a back seat protector so that my dogs could ride along. I saw a few threads that recommended Orvis products, so I gave the Tough Trail Hammock Seat Protector (midsize) a try. I have not seen anyone post any pictures of this particular seat protector, so thought I would add some in case anyone wanted to see what it looks like.

It is a very good fit overall, and I like the strap system compared to other hammocks I've tried that have large buckle clips that can damage the seat leather and are less adjustable. There are also hidden straps that connect to the child seat anchors to make it very securely seated. The color scheme goes great with the Ocean Coast interior (almost every other hammock on the market is black or beige). Time will tell regarding durability, but it seems to be made of high quality material and there are many endorsements for Orvis products from members here so I am optimistic.

No affiliation with the company personally, but thought I would make this post for any dog owners with an ocean coast interior looking for seat protection options.

Rivian R1T R1S Orvis Tough Trail Hammock Seat Protector installed 20230320_161438

Rivian R1T R1S Orvis Tough Trail Hammock Seat Protector installed 20230320_170120
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Been using Orvis hammocks for our last few vehicles. They have great quality, definitely more expensive than the typical hammock though.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That looks good! I bought a Ruffwear Dirtbag from REI just because it was available same-day and I needed something... But that Orvis looks quite a bit nicer. I may have to upgrade.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Thanks for the write up. It looks like it got the seal of approval of your 2 hungry Lab co pilots (which is all that matters really). If you have a chance to share a pic of the different fasteners they use I am curious.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That looks good! I bought a Ruffwear Dirtbag from REI just because it was available same-day and I needed something... But that Orvis looks quite a bit nicer. I may have to upgrade.
Agreed. I have the Ruffwear as well but the mesh in the center is a nice feature so the HVAC blows in the back.

I guess the Ruffwear can always be the back up while washing the other. I assume the Orvis is also machine washable?

Sponsored

Acon

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hi folks, new to the forum. I have been lurking for several months while waiting for delivery and haven't had anything to contribute until now.

Picked up my R1T two weeks ago and immediately bought a back seat protector so that my dogs could ride along. I saw a few threads that recommended Orvis products, so I gave the Tough Trail Hammock Seat Protector (midsize) a try. I have not seen anyone post any pictures of this particular seat protector, so thought I would add some in case anyone wanted to see what it looks like.

It is a very good fit overall, and I like the strap system compared to other hammocks I've tried that have large buckle clips that can damage the seat leather and are less adjustable. There are also hidden straps that connect to the child seat anchors to make it very securely seated. The color scheme goes great with the Ocean Coast interior (almost every other hammock on the market is black or beige). Time will tell regarding durability, but it seems to be made of high quality material and there are many endorsements for Orvis products from members here so I am optimistic.

No affiliation with the company personally, but thought I would make this post for any dog owners with an ocean coast interior looking for seat protection options.

20230320_161438.jpg

20230320_170120.jpg
Is this Granite color

OP
OP
shift4

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Been using Orvis hammocks for our last few vehicles. They have great quality, definitely more expensive than the typical hammock though.
First product I've bought from them. To protect an ~$80k truck, what's an extra $100, right?
Thanks for the write up. It looks like it got the seal of approval of your 2 hungry Lab co pilots (which is all that matters really). If you have a chance to share a pic of the different fasteners they use I am curious.
At the ends of each strap are hooks that attach to a series of loops stitched into back of the hammock so you can adjust the positioning. I could see the loops ripping with enough downward force (or the plastic hooks breaking), but hopefully the dogs don't figure that out.
Agreed. I have the Ruffwear as well but the mesh in the center is a nice feature so the HVAC blows in the back.

I guess the Ruffwear can always be the back up while washing the other. I assume the Orvis is also machine washable?
It is, I attached a picture of the washing instructions. The mesh center was one of my requirements so that the HVAC can reach the backseat. Otherwise, I would have considered the Ruffwear one since we already own many of their products.

Rivian R1T R1S Orvis Tough Trail Hammock Seat Protector installed 20230320_182810

Rivian R1T R1S Orvis Tough Trail Hammock Seat Protector installed 20230320_182953

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Almost makes me want to get another dog........

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Does the front part of the hammock fold down flat to the seat if you just want to cover the seats but not prevent access to the front row?

Sponsored

OP
OP
shift4

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is this Granite color
Yes, this is the granite version
Does the front part of the hammock fold down flat to the seat if you just want to cover the seats but not prevent access to the front row?
You could fold the front section back over the seat or let it drape down to the floor, but if you do not intend to use it as a hammock, there are other products that will probably fit and look better.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I visited my local Orvis store and they didn't have the Tough Trail in stock, but they did have the Grip-Tight available. They were out of the "Large" size that I thought would fit best, but I decided to give the XL a try. It's looser than I wanted, but it does appear to provide some better side protection as a result. I'd say go with L if you want a tight fit and XL if you want maximum coverage. Both seem like they would work in the R1T.

Overall, I do like this more than the Ruffwear and I think it's worth the extra cost. This should be much more comfortable for the dog, too -- it's quite soft. I wouldn't mind curling up back there, myself.

Rivian R1T R1S Orvis Tough Trail Hammock Seat Protector installed fthtcuq

OP
OP
shift4

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Definitely looks a bit more plush than the Tough Trail hammock. I usually throw a travel foam bed in the back seat for the dogs to get comfortable on, but you may not need it with this hammock.

Runs_4_beer

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Audi Q7, F350
This is the same one as me but with the large. It is great and my anxious lab loves it. I have the hose off version and it is due for a hose off. Got this one because she's a lab and has a 5-mile water/mud detector.
I visited my local Orvis store and they didn't have the Tough Trail in stock, but they did have the Grip-Tight available. They were out of the "Large" size that I thought would fit best, but I decided to give the XL a try. It's looser than I wanted, but it does appear to provide some better side protection as a result. I'd say go with L if you want a tight fit and XL if you want maximum coverage. Both seem like they would work in the R1T.

Overall, I do like this more than the Ruffwear and I think it's worth the extra cost. This should be much more comfortable for the dog, too -- it's quite soft. I wouldn't mind curling up back there, myself.

fthtcuq.jpg

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I would be curious how these would work in the third row.
Sponsored