First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I received my R1T a month ago and within the first few days noticed 11 minor issues. I opened several tickets and each time I received a call from Rivian service within 24 hours, and sometimes within an hour. They consolidated all my concerns into 1 ticket and made an appointment for me to drop it off at the Orlando SC. The appointment was 2 weeks after my delivery. They could not tell me how long they would need it for and arranged for me to pickup an Enterprise loaner. Apparently they have a Rivian loaner but it was already committed. They would have picked up my R1T with a flatbed but that would have taken much longer to get it into the SC so I drove the 70 miles from Tampa as we had business in Orlando anyway.

I generally received an update each afternoon from my advisor until she got sick and a fill in from Miami took over. They kept it a total of 15 days. The first week was diagnosis and ordering parts. The last week was repairs and sublet out to a certified collision center for a minor scratch repair on the passenger door sill. My expectation upon pickup was that some of my concerns would be addressed and some items would go unanswered. However, I was pleasantly surprised as most of my items were fixed and several required parts that had not arrived yet. My open items are my spare tire, which was ordered with the vehicle but was unavailable, a new rear bumper due to a paint defect on it, and touch up of a small chip on the drivers door. While hard to believe, there is no touch up available for Launch Green and the body shop could only paint large areas. All I need is touch up for the size of a pen tip but no paint is available yet. Supposedly, the SC’s are going to be getting a touch up paint kit for items like this.

I received a call from Rivian the day after my pickup and they are going to try and schedule a mobile technician to come to me to install the spare tire and rear bumper once they receive the parts. He should also have the touch up kit at that time. The spare tire is confusing because Rivian says it takes 10-14 days to receive it at the SC once they order it but obviously that did not happen. Someone said it is because they do not have the proper labels required for the tire.

After driving the vehicle for a few days I will confirm that all my concerns were properly addressed (except for the missing parts). However, I did notice an air bubble in the replacement PPF for the passenger gear tunnel that was replaced. Rivian will replace it again but I asked if they can send me a cut sheet and I will have my window tint/PPF shop install it when I bring it to them next Monday. Rivian is working on seeing if they can accommodate that. All in all, a pleasant SC experience except that it was painful to be without my new R1T for over 2 weeks!
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Good to hear

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
Glad to hear. And I actually had the loaner R1T since my truck was at the service center for 4 weeks. I got the loaner R1T after the second week. And I had the same advisor as she was sick near the end of my repair cycle. I was pleased with the outcome as I just drove my truck from the space coast where I live to south florida and all worked and drove well. I was a bit bummed that it took so long. I know they are really trying at the service center and currently they are the only one in FL since Miami should be opening in August and not sure when the Tampa one will open. Hats off to the team over there. Aloha

FLEVGuy

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X
Occupation
manager
My R1T was scheduled for delivery yesterday (Saturday) out of the Orlando service center, for delivery to Brevard County. Was canceled/rescheduled for Wednesday via an email I received 4.5 hours before the scheduled delivery time. Apparently they were hoping on a part to arrive that kept getting delayed, and time ran out. About 10 minutes after the email I got a text from the SC. As it turned out, they had in fact been trying to call me via a Rivian-provided Zoom number. I have ATT Call Protect. ATT Call Protect blocked 5 attempted calls from the Orlando service center before apparently they went ahead and rescheduled it via the email I recieved. Then they took one last shot at reaching me, by texting from their Zoom number. That's the message that made it through and I was able to call back and talk to a person about it. Thankfully from reading posts on this forum I was prepared for a possible short-notice cancelation. I appreciate the SC going out of their way to reach me. I'm tied up Wednesday so we've shifted delivery to Thursday.

Sponsored

FeelTheTeal

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan XD
Occupation
Coordinator
Can someone dm the Orlando phone number? My R1T was delivered there, but they found issues on the inspection there. It will be a 2 week hold there. I would like to ask them what is going on. Thank you

GriffJP

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Challenger Demon, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Looking forward to seeing another R1T here in Brevard!
I have a Lauch Green R1T with Forest Green interior here in Brevard. You may see it parked in the lot near the ER at HRMC since I work there (for BPA).

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
I have a Lauch Green R1T with Forest Green interior here in Brevard. You may see it parked in the lot near the ER at HRMC since I work there (for BPA).
No way! I’ve got the LG with dark 20’s and I usually park in the garage at HRMC since I’m an anesthesiologist for BPA. Small world

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
Can someone dm the Orlando phone number? My R1T was delivered there, but they found issues on the inspection there. It will be a 2 week hold there. I would like to ask them what is going on. Thank you
U have to call the Rivian service hotline 1888-748-4265 and ask them to have Orlando call u. It’s inefficient but it’s the only way. I had to do it any time I missed one of their calls. Good luck

Sponsored

mohab

First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 LongHorn , Challenger Scat pack, BMW X3
Occupation
PHARMACIST
I received my R1T a month ago and within the first few days noticed 11 minor issues. I opened several tickets and each time I received a call from Rivian service within 24 hours, and sometimes within an hour. They consolidated all my concerns into 1 ticket and made an appointment for me to drop it off at the Orlando SC. The appointment was 2 weeks after my delivery. They could not tell me how long they would need it for and arranged for me to pickup an Enterprise loaner. Apparently they have a Rivian loaner but it was already committed. They would have picked up my R1T with a flatbed but that would have taken much longer to get it into the SC so I drove the 70 miles from Tampa as we had business in Orlando anyway.

I generally received an update each afternoon from my advisor until she got sick and a fill in from Miami took over. They kept it a total of 15 days. The first week was diagnosis and ordering parts. The last week was repairs and sublet out to a certified collision center for a minor scratch repair on the passenger door sill. My expectation upon pickup was that some of my concerns would be addressed and some items would go unanswered. However, I was pleasantly surprised as most of my items were fixed and several required parts that had not arrived yet. My open items are my spare tire, which was ordered with the vehicle but was unavailable, a new rear bumper due to a paint defect on it, and touch up of a small chip on the drivers door. While hard to believe, there is no touch up available for Launch Green and the body shop could only paint large areas. All I need is touch up for the size of a pen tip but no paint is available yet. Supposedly, the SC’s are going to be getting a touch up paint kit for items like this.

I received a call from Rivian the day after my pickup and they are going to try and schedule a mobile technician to come to me to install the spare tire and rear bumper once they receive the parts. He should also have the touch up kit at that time. The spare tire is confusing because Rivian says it takes 10-14 days to receive it at the SC once they order it but obviously that did not happen. Someone said it is because they do not have the proper labels required for the tire.

After driving the vehicle for a few days I will confirm that all my concerns were properly addressed (except for the missing parts). However, I did notice an air bubble in the replacement PPF for the passenger gear tunnel that was replaced. Rivian will replace it again but I asked if they can send me a cut sheet and I will have my window tint/PPF shop install it when I bring it to them next Monday. Rivian is working on seeing if they can accommodate that. All in all, a pleasant SC experience except that it was painful to be without my new R1T for over 2 weeks!
What is Orlando service center phone number ?

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
To my knowledge you can not call them directly.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
U have to call the Rivian service hotline 1888-748-4265 and ask them to have Orlando call u. It’s inefficient but it’s the only way. I had to do it any time I missed one of their calls. Good luck
That seems inefficient.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I assume Rivian's are about as rare as hens teeth in FL.

I just returned from a FL visit to see family. We flew into Fort Lauderdale, drove down to the Keys, up to Vero Beach, then to Palm Bay, then to Sebastian inlet and finally drove back to FLL to catch our flight home.

We drove a total of 822 miles in a week. We didn't see one Rivian vehicle on the road the entire trip minus 3 new R1T's being transported south. Not one!!!

Last edited:

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
I assume Rivian's are about as rare as hens teeth in FL.

I just returned from a FL visit to see family. We flew into Fort Lauderdale, drove down to the Keys, up to Vero Beach, then to Palm Bay, then to Sebastian inlet and finally drove back to FLL to catch our flight home.

We drove a total of 822 miles in a week. We didn't see one Rivian vehicle on the road the entire trip minus 3 new R1T's being transported south. Not one!!!
And I drove on Saturday from Indian Harbour Beach to the Melbourne Airport and saw 2! Well I guess 3 if you count me lol
Sponsored