Sponsored

Order says Full Size Spare Tire - Do we get it still?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

If you ordered from the Shop, you will only get the spare if the Shop listing said it included a spare. So if you haven't actually locked a Shop listed vehicle, double check it says spare before locking it in.

If yours is a custom order, rather than an "in inventory Shop order," and your custom order still lists the spare once it moves into "lock config and start building" stage, you will get the spare.

I see multiple reports that Rivian removed the spare from some people's custom orders before it moved to the "lock config and start building" stage, though.

Shop vehicles only include "built vehicle" components listed in the listing. Even though the spare may feel like an "add on accessory", it isn't to Rivian. At present, it is considered part of the built. Only truly "shipped separately" accessories like the all-weather floor mats, cargo crossbars, Field Kit, etc, carry over from a custom order switching to a Shop purchase.
Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
If your order says it and it's on your invoice you should get it. If it's not available at the time of delivery, then Rivian needs to provide some sort of "items owed" form.

OP
OP
txtravwill

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
If you ordered from the Shop, you will only get the spare if the Shop listing said it included a spare. So if you haven't actually locked a Shop listed vehicle, double check it says spare before locking it in.

If yours is a custom order, rather than an "in inventory Shop order," and your custom order still lists the spare once it moves into "lock config and start building" stage, you will get the spare.

I see multiple reports that Rivian removed the spare from some people's custom orders before it moved to the "lock config and start building" stage, though.

Shop vehicles only include "built vehicle" components listed in the listing. Even though the spare may feel like an "add on accessory", it isn't to Rivian. At present, it is considered part of the built. Only truly "shipped separately" accessories like the all-weather floor mats, cargo crossbars, Field Kit, etc, carry over from a custom order switching to a Shop purchase.
Thanks yeah my order has the spare as included in the installed gear section or order. Great.
Rivian R1T R1S Order says Full Size Spare Tire - Do we get it still? Screenshot_20230526_133753_Chrome

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
isn't this sort of accurate for you though... where is your truck?!
My comment wasn't intended that way, but yes I guess it is sort of true for mine :CWL:

I honestly have no idea where my truck is. My guide told me in February that I had a VIN and I should expect the 8 step email "anytime". I never saw the VIN, but because they told me it was imminent I followed up with him about once a week or so. Nothing happened all through March till now and my guide stopped responding to my weekly check ins in April. When I ask CS they say they will pass along my inquiry to my guide 🤷‍♂️

Last week I finally requested access to the shop since no one will tell me anything about the truck that was supposedly almost ready for me 3 months ago. They said they would also pass that request on to my guide:facepalm:

I'm not stressing about it. Just a little weird that it was ready then suddenly it wasn't...

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My biggest gripe with the ED1's drivability is the lack of anti-roll control and the massive AT tires contributing to it just driving sloppy. I prefer driving vehicles on the road that are tighter and have limited roll. The R1T in sport mode with the 22" tires is great, and likely something that's not achievable in the Hummer, period, because of it's heft. Also happier with the better efficiency in the R1T and the fact that I can actually park it places where the lots are kinda tight.
It's not you-it's the damn parking spaces. The only place I can find nice parking is Costco. Very spacious. I like wider spots because I don't have to worry about door dings from people that have trouble getting in and out of their cars.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's not you-it's the damn parking spaces. The only place I can find nice parking is Costco. Very spacious. I like wider spots because I don't have to worry about door dings from people that have trouble getting in and out of their cars.
When we went to Chicago this parking garage had lines where even the Rivian would be sitting on both of them if I tried parking between them. Necessary to find somewhere I could hang over, truly bizarre but obviously since it's $20 to park there they want to fit as many vehicles in as they could.
Rivian R1T R1S Order says Full Size Spare Tire - Do we get it still? 1685128891209

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My comment wasn't intended that way, but yes I guess it is sort of true for mine :CWL:

I honestly have no idea where my truck is. My guide told me in February that I had a VIN and I should expect the 8 step email "anytime". I never saw the VIN, but because they told me it was imminent I followed up with him about once a week or so. Nothing happened all through March till now and my guide stopped responding to my weekly check ins in April. When I ask CS they say they will pass along my inquiry to my guide 🤷‍♂️

Last week I finally requested access to the shop since no one will tell me anything about the truck that was supposedly almost ready for me 3 months ago. They said they would also pass that request on to my guide:facepalm:

I'm not stressing about it. Just a little weird that it was ready then suddenly it wasn't...
Absolutely bonkers what’s happening and your laissez faire attitude about it!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Absolutely bonkers what’s happening and your laissez faire attitude about it!
Well, my window is April-May, so I figured until my estimate passed I shouldn't really worry about it too much, since the last update kept me at April - May. And even after that it still is an "estimate", but that's why I requested shop access now that it's almost June and still no answers. It's strange for sure.... Still nothing I have any control over. They will get me a truck when they feel like it 🧟‍♂️

ekirkpatrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Compass Yellow
Occupation
Retired RN
Clubs

Rivian removed all accessories, including the spare, from my order several months ago. The truck I am getting includes no spare.
Ditto for me. Took delievery in late March and no spare, no tonneu cover (although have order for new manual one). One of first rules when offroading is to carry spare tire. Guess this is risky 'adventure' offroading.

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Thanks yeah my order has the spare as included in the installed gear section or order. Great.
Screenshot_20230526_133753_Chrome.jpg
I am hoping to get my spare tire..spoke with my delvery person and she said that she was going to check. The R1T is at the delivery center and undergoing it PPI...but couldn't go back and see it..very excited to be taking delivery...but the above pricing is no where near what i am paying..check this out...I am hoping it's worth it...I think Sandy Monroe stated he thought it was a 120k truck all day long...and by the price increasing he may not be to far off..lol

Rivian R1T R1S Order says Full Size Spare Tire - Do we get it still? 1685230043893

OP
OP
txtravwill

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I am hoping to get my spare tire..spoke with my delvery person and she said that she was going to check. The R1T is at the delivery center and undergoing it PPI...but couldn't go back and see it..very excited to be taking delivery...but the above pricing is no where near what i am paying..check this out...I am hoping it's worth it...I think Sandy Monroe stated he thought it was a 120k truck all day long...and by the price increasing he may not be to far off..lol

1685230043893.png
Oh dang yeah I have pre price increase pricing so it came to like 75-76k seems with the manual cover added etc. 82k after taxes and delivery etc. You'll still love the truck for sure but I'd say 100k max is fair u less it had range closer to 350+ etc.
Sponsored