Sponsored

Option to buy F150 Lightning platinum today…

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I have told my dealer that I will not accept a 98k truck with chip deletes. Otherwise the Lightning is the truck I want, over the T. Ford says it can add some things back later but I don't want to wait 3 years for a heated steering wheel.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
They do give a few hundred back for each delete but in my opinion not what the original option cost. Thanks for chipping in. Pun intended. I’m calling in AM when they open to cancel purchase. They will probably keep my 500 dollars but I knew that was a risky move when I did it.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Why even buy the platinum over a lariat? What other options besides those that were deleted do you get? Heated steering wheel is a dealbreaker for me and I live in SC. That’s absurd to not have that option

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Don't do it, wait for the Rivian you really want. Lightning interior is very cheap, mileage is false advertising, and the charge port is in a terrible location.
Isn’t the charge port in a similar position as the R1T. Front drivers side?

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Isn’t the charge port in a similar position as the R1T. Front drivers side?
It's next to the driver door, not up front. That extra stretch makes all the difference at some charging stations. In my own garage, it would be a real PITA having it stick out sideways.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
They do give a few hundred back for each delete but in my opinion not what the original option cost. Thanks for chipping in. Pun intended. I’m calling in AM when they open to cancel purchase. They will probably keep my 500 dollars but I knew that was a risky move when I did it.
They shouldn't get to keep your 500 if they can't deliver a vehicle with the specs you ordered. They are canceling, not you.

OP
OP

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
Thanks for all the feedback. It helps me sort out my thoughts considerably. Without these options and downgrade of seats the Platinum is not far from a Lariat except for larger wheels which impact range…. 2025 designed from ground up F150 EV is around the corner. The Rivian resonated with my wife and I and I’m sticking with that. I do have a 2021 F150 hybrid which I love. We will keep that. I had planned to trade it in but I like it and it will make a wonderful second vehicle/bigger bed truck which has come in handy already. This forum is invaluable.

Chas60422

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback
Occupation
Healthcare
Not to beat a dead horse but the charge port on the F150 is almost a third back from the front end. At the newly opened Tesla Superchargers the cord will have a major stretch to reach the F150 port while in the Rivian its easy.
Sponsored