Sponsored

Ontario XPEL installer might be getting an R1T s00n.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I was picking up my Model S from a local Xpel and Ceramic coating installer and mentioned to the owner that I will be back later next year for my R1S, and to let him know to see if he would get the relevant templates. And told him about Rivian.

He immediately mentioned a customer of his will be bringing his 'Rivian Truck' later this year, as he is one of the early order holders. Asked him when is he planning on bringing it and he didn't have a date. I told him probably not before November, but he seems to think before. So asked him when the owner brings it and he doesn't mind if I could swing by.

I also told him about the Xpel and Rivian partnership for a discounted expel wrap and how installers need to sign up for this with Expel. He said he will need to look at the details, but if it's an official Xpel partnership and them being a certified official installer he would definitely buy into the program.
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I am looking forward to the Rivian partnership with XPEL. It’s supposedly going to go live sometime this fall. PPF will be a factory option and installed at a location close to the Rivian assembly plant.

This factory option eliminates the problem of driving your truck “naked” and exposing the front end to rack/stone/pebble chips for weeks on end until your PPF appointment date with a local installer.

https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I was picking up my Model S from a local Xpel and Ceramic coating installer and mentioned to the owner that I will be back later next year for my R1S, and to let him know to see if he would get the relevant templates. And told him about Rivian.

He immediately mentioned a customer of his will be bringing his 'Rivian Truck' later this year, as he is one of the early order holders. Asked him when is he planning on bringing it and he didn't have a date. I told him probably not before November, but he seems to think before. So asked him when the owner brings it and he doesn't mind if I could swing by.

I also told him about the Xpel and Rivian partnership for a discounted expel wrap and how installers need to sign up for this with Expel. He said he will need to look at the details, but if it's an official Xpel partnership and them being a certified official installer he would definitely buy into the program.
So someone thinks they’ll actually get their R1T in southern Ontario this year? Hope they’re not holding their breath!

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So someone thinks they’ll actually get their R1T in southern Ontario this year? Hope they’re not holding their breath!
Yeah, I am not optimistic about it either and told the installer this might not happen before next year. The owner (future R1T) probably does not know how Rivian works, when it comes to setting expectations and timeines.

But part of me is hoping this is true!
Sponsored