kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Nice of you to ask, I am totally fine but I love that car. It says something that I was gonna sell it to buy the R1T.

We shall see how the insurance claim goes ?

Glad to hear and Yes I know exactly where you are coming from! I am sad to see my Unicorn Saab go but it will fetch great money as its a low volume (Sub 500 cars worldwide) vehicle!
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I am a dreamer and will get mine on May 31st.
Ah, but you didn't say what year! Just kidding! Sometime in June (of 2021), some lucky early order-holders will be posting pics and videos of their R1Ts and their own smiling faces here in the Forums. At least, that's my best guess and expectation.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Just show us the god-damn Launch Green color now! :angry:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I would be really exited if I got this before my birthday in late June. But I already own enough cars I will just be happy with it coming this year or even later as long as they make sure its ready to sell and not rushed. I would be very disappointed if it was a rushed build that wasn't perfect you know.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Ah, but you didn't say what year! Just kidding! Sometime in June (of 2021), some lucky early order-holders will be posting pics and videos of their R1Ts and their own smiling faces here in the Forums. At least, that's my best guess and expectation.
It just better not be Jeff Bezos!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

It just better not be Jeff Bezos!

He should order both R1T & R1S LE's in "Amazon Blue" color.
Pretty sure that Rivian would give him special paint choice.

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
I don’t think they did through logistically it makes some sense. My guess is that they will send out trucks to major markets for release at the same time. Should be good free PR. Release either for morning or afternoon news circuit. That’s what I’d do.
One of my employees, who currently is taking a road trip to Big Bend National Park, saw a truck carrying 3 R1Ts in an Arizona highway. The dude didn’t take a photo (which I criticized immediately) but said they were wrapped in white film. He knows the trucks really well because I don’t stop talking about it.

wilderaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Honda Odyssey, Cadillac Lyriq
25 Days or less Until Test Drives / Hands On Access: Most of the reservation holders will want to at least have the ability to sit in and drive (or least be driven) in the vehicle before finalizing an order. To get reservations holders to a location to do this with time to decide on their final order, you need about 30 days to get the first groups through the process.
Not to burst your bubble but Rivian has stated that test drives will not begin until the summer. Presuming Rivian is being literal and referring to the astronomical rather than meteorologic season then test drives will not begin until June 20 at the earliest.

"This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand."

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Not to burst your bubble but Rivian has stated that test drives will not begin until the summer. Presuming Rivian is being literal and referring to the astronomical rather than meteorologic season then test drives will not begin until June 20 at the earliest.

"This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand."
It would surprise me if they were referring to the summer solstice and not June. In my experience usually when people say the summer they refer to months like June is summer, December is winter.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
It would surprise me if they were referring to the summer solstice and not June. In my experience usually when people say the summer they refer to months like June is summer, December is winter.
Yes, but "summer" gives them a lot of leeway. August is also summer.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, but "summer" gives them a lot of leeway. August is also summer.
Yeah, I had assumed they meant starting July-ish personally.

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
For me, as long as I get my R1T by Aug 20 so I can move my daughter back to Ohio State for the fall semester I will be a happy camper. I had to rent a minivan to move all her stuff and hope to not have to repeat that experience. I’m thinking the truck bed, frunk, and gear tunnel will have plenty of capacity, however, the 300mi battery will be a different story.

Another key date would be the Browns home opener, date not published yet. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to tailgate in the R1T. Only thing better would be if I ordered the camp kitchen option which I could not justify.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
That's must be because of the lack of seasons in California :p June is still very much spring in the PNW (school generally gets out around the solstice, it rains until the day after the 4th of July...).

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
That's must be because of the lack of seasons in California :p June is still very much spring in the PNW (school generally gets out around the solstice, it rains until the day after the 4th of July...).

We have seasons. Fire season, Drought Season, Tax Season, Tourist Season ...
Sponsored