First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Tech
Curious as to my options if R1S with the 300 mile range battery is ready for delivery, and I decide to hold out for R1S 400 mile range battery? I hope I'll be be able to visit the plant, test drive a R1S and get loads of feedback before that day!
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It was previously posted that deliveries to those purchasers near the Normal, Illinois plant will see their vehicles first. I'm in that group but, I'm also in the group that would like to see a few RIVIANS on the road first and would like to see 400plus range battery in the R1S.
Where did they say that?

I recall seeing that they would group deliveries based on geographic region; but I don't recall them committing to any particular region "first".

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Where did they say that?

I recall seeing that they would group deliveries based on geographic region; but I don't recall them committing to any particular region "first".
I donā€™t think they did through logistically it makes some sense. My guess is that they will send out trucks to major markets for release at the same time. Should be good free PR. Release either for morning or afternoon news circuit. Thatā€™s what Iā€™d do.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My biggest reason for knowing isn't really finance but more logistics. I have 2 cars that the Rivian will be replacing. I need at least 1.5 months to sell them before delivery date or R1S simply due to shipping, paperwork, etc.

The only saving grace is I'm assuming by R1T time which is 2 months out from R1S we will know everything and I can start my process.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I am an optimist so I counted down to June 1st. Pessimists should add 30 days. Skeptics should add more than 30 days. I have an early R1S reservation, so I am hopeful for August 1st.
I like your optimism. I consider myself a half-glass full person but also someone that's practical and realistic. The latter has served me well to reduce being set up for disappointment which unfortunately I'm afraid is all that this countdown will accomplish. I can count on both hands probably the number of people this countdown date would be applicable for - and they're probably either related to RJ or investors in Rivian. Don't mean to poo-poo the idea (more the date) but I've lost track of the number of times I've read/heard people indicate Rivian has had multiple delays when there has only been one (pandemic pushed date from Dec 2020 to Jun 2021). Stuff like this countdown, as crazy as it sounds, ends up providing FUD for those people to spread. Personally, my (internal) countdown date is much further out and I have a relatively low res number. For me that's not pessimism but being more realistic with my expectations and planning. Hey, if it happens sooner, fan-freakin'-tastic! I'll be one of the first to crack open a brew (to wash down the crow) and celebrate with the rest of ya!

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
I like your optimism. I consider myself a half-glass full person but also someone that's practical and realistic. The latter has served me well to reduce being set up for disappointment which unfortunately I'm afraid is all that this countdown will accomplish. I can count on both hands probably the number of people this countdown date would be applicable for - and they're probably either related to RJ or investors in Rivian. Don't mean to poo-poo the idea (more the date) but I've lost track of the number of times I've read/heard people indicate Rivian has had multiple delays when there has only been one (pandemic pushed date from Dec 2020 to Jun 2021). Stuff like this countdown, as crazy as it sounds, ends up providing FUD for those people to spread. Personally, my (internal) countdown date is much further out and I have a relatively low res number. For me that's not pessimism but being more realistic with my expectations and planning. Hey, if it happens sooner, fan-freakin'-tastic! I'll be one of the first to crack open a brew (to wash down the crow) and celebrate with the rest of ya!
I donā€™t think ā€œhalf glass full personā€ means what you think it means. ;)

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
My biggest reason for knowing isn't really finance but more logistics. I have 2 cars that the Rivian will be replacing. I need at least 1.5 months to sell them before delivery date or R1S simply due to shipping, paperwork, etc.

The only saving grace is I'm assuming by R1T time which is 2 months out from R1S we will know everything and I can start my process.
I'm with you @kanundrum my DD M5 got in a fight with a retaining wall this past weekend. I am now in a little bit more of an urgent situation...

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I donā€™t think ā€œhalf glass full personā€ means what you think it means. ;)
By the transitive property, this should still work, right???

I'm of the opinion that this situation warrants cautious optimism. I don't think, given the company's approach in the past, that they would have doubled down on the June delivery date in late Feb unless they were nearly certain they could deliver some vehicles. That said, the number of units delivered in June should be relatively low as any ramp up process takes time. We're talking about a few hundred units maximum, if that. Either way, the more interesting question is whether they'll deliver all the LE pre-orders that convert to actual orders in 2021. I'm guessing that number is somewhere near 10,000. That would be a massive accomplishment.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
By the transitive property, this should still work, right???

I'm of the opinion that this situation warrants cautious optimism. I don't think, given the company's approach in the past, that they would have doubled down on the June delivery date in late Feb unless they were nearly certain they could deliver some vehicles. That said, the number of units delivered in June should be relatively low as any ramp up process takes time. We're talking about a few hundred units maximum, if that. Either way, the more interesting question is whether they'll deliver all the LE pre-orders that convert to actual orders in 2021. I'm guessing that number is somewhere near 10,000. That would be a massive accomplishment.
Oddly, I'm still trusting the June delivery date, despite a complete absence of critical information that has not been released.

Where is that "dump" we're waiting for?????

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

OP
OP
mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Is a half glass full person different than a glass half full person?

I won't be disappointed. As I stated, I am ordering an R1S, so the exact date of R1T deliveries won't disappoint me.

If you are worrying about "providing FUD for those people to spread", then all of these forums really should be disbanded. Discussing lack of information, missing features, features desired etc. would also create info for detractors to spread. Detractors will always find a reason, whether real, perceived or fabricated. I don't concern myself with such people.

This isn't my first rodeo in waiting years for a new EV. Went through it with the X and the same forum discussions on timing, features and information. Different car, same discussions. In the end, they release the information when they are ready and deliver the car when they choose.

The point of the countdown is to show that time is getting short. The difference between the 1st and 30th of June is just 30 days. Not a big difference. Between now and then, a lot has to happen. As I said in the original post, "You can quibble over the exact timing, but any way you slice it, time is getting short with a lot information to dispense, hands on access to provide, orders to confirm, financing to secure, production to take place and deliveries to happen by June."

Last edited:

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
This Sunday we will get an hour closer to the release date!!! Oh no what if they announce during the leap!!! Space and time will conspire against us!

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
Hopefully you are alright!
Nice of you to ask, I am totally fine but I love that car. It says something that I was gonna sell it to buy the R1T.

We shall see how the insurance claim goes ?
Sponsored