Sponsored

Online vs. Local Offers for our used car.....

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Since my R1T arrived a little over a week with no issues that need to be addressed.. we now have too many cars in our driveway, so our 2019 Mazda CX3 has to go... and that has always been the plan since I ordered my R1T 17 months ago. It has 28K miles on it and is in very good condition, we are the original owners, no liens or loans out on the vehicle, title in hand. It's the "Touring" version with AWD, Bose, and powered moonroof.

With that in mind, I detailed the interior and gave it a wash this morning... I then drove it to three local car places.. the local Mazda Dealership where we bought it in 2019, a local used car store and a KBB car buying service store. Once I got their offers, I then shopped it around to quite a few online car buying services. The results are below in highest to lowest offer price:

Carvana - $19,394
ALgo- $19,000
Driveway - $18,960
Kbb- $17,220
Local Used Car Dealer- $17,000
Local Mazda Dealership- $16,500
GivemetheVIN- $15,500
Vroom - $14,588
Carmax - "must bring in for inspection"

In the end, I went with ALgo because I don't know if I trust Carvana at this point and the rep from ALgo was super easy to work with.. once I agreed to the offer I uploaded my car photos and ID and Title photos and had everything I needed to complete the sale in 20min. I'll bring the signed POA docs to UPS tomorrow morning using the pre-paid label from ALgo and they said they will most likely be able to pick up the car this week and the check will be valid as soon as they hand it to us.

Rivian R1T R1S Online vs. Local Offers for our used car..... 1674944913115
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Surprised Carvana was the highest. I feel like they have 1 foot in the grave at this point. Thanks for sharing your quotes.