kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Do you happen to know the cost of that headlamp + side light bar part piece?

My garage door hit my R1S rear middle red light and cracked it a bit when the garage door was closing but the rear hatch was up. That red light part is $920, then $200 labor.

The headlight would be more expensive but that Jeep guy might be interested in paying you out of his pocket to prevent his insurance premium going up .. ?
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
EDITED, I had the wrong part #
Headlamp, PT00000466-N $990.25 (this is for the center lamp)

corrected:
Headlamp: PT00000465-M, $1,658.51

.6 hour labor on my estimate.

Even if the light still works and only the outer plastic is damaged it is a single unit so the whole light needs replacing.

I bet your fender flare also will be to be replaced @ $528.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Headlamp, PT00000466-N $990.25

Even if the light still work and only the outer plastic is damaged it is a single unit so the whole light needs replacing.

Yeah, needs to be replaced for sure. Actually one of the LEDs that make up the LED oval is cracked. The cracked plastic did get pushed into the fender and made a gouge. Also the front bumper has a small scrap/dent. They might be able to just fix/paint it. If not, Iā€™d imagine that would be a decent amount of $ due to all the ultrasonic sensors. It was a really interesting hit. The wranglerā€™s backup cam is what did the damage (sticks out from the center of the spare wheel an inch), but the actual tire did make impact. the fact that it was rubber with some give is why the actual damage to plastics was less.

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The headlight would be more expensive but that Jeep guy might be interested in paying you out of his pocket to prevent his insurance premium going up .. ?
I really wanted to limit my interactions with the other driver, so not something I wanted to ask. Someone that gets in your face and calls you a ā€œfucking ass holeā€ right after backing into you is NOT someone you really want to have a conversation with. Because the park ranger was there, she more or less managed the situation. I probably didnā€™t say more than 2 sentences to him. I just took down his insurance number and name (in addition to a picture of his car). The ranger took down detailed info and it will be in the police report that the insurance companies can get.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Sorry for your loss .. I know it will look trashy, but you should cover up the exposed part of the lens to reduce the risk of water intrusion which could result in potential electrical damage. If the light doesn't get too hot, clear tape (lots of it) may do the trick. Otherwise, duct tape may be your only option.

Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

I really wanted to limit my interactions with the other driver, so not something I wanted to ask. Someone that gets in your face and calls you a ā€œfucking ass holeā€ right after backing into you is NOT someone you really want to have a conversation with. Because the park ranger was there, she more or less managed the situation. I probably didnā€™t say more than 2 sentences to him. I just took down his insurance number and name (in addition to a picture of his car). The ranger took down detailed info and it will be in the police report that the insurance companies can get.
totally understand

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I have a similar (though slightly worse) self-inflicted injury on my truck. Still very driveable. However, it's been sitting in the only Atl area Rivian certified collision center for over a month now waiting for parts. My insurance company (nationwide) has already agreed to the payment / supplement. Just waiting on parts...

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

EDITED, I had the wrong part #
Headlamp, PT00000466-N $990.25 (this is for the center lamp)

corrected:
Headlamp: PT00000465-M, $1,658.51

Even if the light still works and only the outer plastic is damaged it is a single unit so the whole light needs replacing.

Where do you find these part cost information?

I want to ask you all your opinion on the following:
Based on the picture below, what would you do?
(At the bottom black plastic area, there is a horizontal crack. Water gets in thru there)

a) Pay ~$1200 to replace
b) Put PPF to prevent water getting in

WDYT?

Rivian R1T R1S One-eyed R1T :( Headlight broken by a Jeep IMG_3726

tojesky

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2021 Model X Long Range
Occupation
Retired.

And by the way, because my head light is now exposed, I didnā€™t risk the creek crossing at pismo beach, so ended up just turning around and heading home while the wrangler continued on with his fun filled day with zero damage.
I had a 1 ton pickup rearend me 3 years ago during the GM strike and parts not available. State Farm (my insurance) recommended that I claim it on my collision and they would go after Farmers Insurance for reimbursement. It took 3 months but it got fixed and I got my deductible returned. I would recommend that action.

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Sorry for your loss .. I know it will look trashy, but you should cover up the exposed part of the lens to reduce the risk of water intrusion which could result in potential electrical damage. If the light doesn't get too hot, clear tape (lots of it) may do the trick. Otherwise, duct tape may be your only option.
Yeah I thought about that. And completely agree about the risk, but at the moment my plan is:
1. Not drive in the rain (Iā€™m not seeing any rain in the forecast for the next 10 days)
2. If it does rain, cover it up with plastic + tape + park on drive way facing down + dont drive it

If you are not really looking closely you cant see the damage and the lights work fine. Iā€™d rather not limit the lighting or make it look ā€œtrashyā€œ :) if i can avoid it.

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
https://clip.cafe/war-dogs-2016/im-not-a-bad-man/

You sound like a gent. You might try calling the local SC and get shop recommendations. I don't think it's unreasonable to keep your car while the parts are being ordered. One of my cars sat at the shop for six months while parts were being ordered. It wasn't drivable so that's ok. I now have another issue with another car but it is drivable. The shop is letting me drive my car while the parts get here.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I actually did hear him giving the statment to the ranger saying something like ā€œshouldnā€™t he have backed up?ā€ and the reply was ā€œNO I was in the middle of talking to him when you hit him.ā€ The park ranger was super nice to both of us.

I have a feeling that if it was not for the park ranger being there, I might be in the middle of a ā€œhe rear ended meā€ situation.
Rivian: why do they keep asking for a dash cam mode, there'll probs always be a park ranger nearby.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

A claim on a Rivian with USAA?

Godspeed man. šŸ˜”

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Where do you find these part cost information?

I want to ask you all your opinion on the following:
Based on the picture below, what would you do?
(At the bottom black plastic area, there is a horizontal crack. Water gets in thru there)

a) Pay ~$1200 to replace
b) Put PPF to prevent water getting in

WDYT?

IMG_3726.jpg
The part numbers are from the estimate to repair my R1S.

If I had a cracked assembly like yours I'd replace it.
Sponsored