First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Hey everyone, since this is an audio thread I will let you know how I am progressing with my audio testing.

Over bluetooth the results have been....disappointing to say the least. The best codec I can get the truck to negotiate to on a regular basis is AAC. It doesn't even seem to support AptX at all (already thought this but my testing is confirming it). Now that I have my truck back from the wrap shop I am going to be doing some frequency analysis using some pink/white/brown noise sources and some studio microphones inside the cabin.

Specifically I am going to be comparing Spotify in different configurations to Bluetooth. So far I am still seeing that the audio sources we have available don't make good use of the Meridian system.

Darkon

First Name
Christophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37x
Yeah the sound system has been the cherry of top. I did not really think about it, all cars claim to have an amazing sound system... But this one does !!

Listening a lot of singer-songwriters, and the voice comes out so crisp.
Listening to classical, I could hear even the soft parts when doing 70mph (obviously the sound proofing and lack of engine noise helped)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
@Gsxr150 if you search for rivian in playlists on Spotify, you’ll find their audio engineer has a tuning playlist.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Mine must be broken. The Meridian system is a huge disappointment. I miss my Bowers & Wilkins. Even The lowly Harmon Kardon in my spouses Volvo runs circles around my R1T audio.

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Yeah the sound system has been the cherry of top. I did not really think about it, all cars claim to have an amazing sound system... But this one does !!

Listening a lot of singer-songwriters, and the voice comes out so crisp.
Listening to classical, I could hear even the soft parts when doing 70mph (obviously the sound proofing and lack of engine noise helped)
Yeah, I was hearing new details in a lot of songs. I particularly love the speakers above the head. Nice touch for immersion.

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Mine must be broken. The Meridian system is a huge disappointment. I miss my Bowers & Wilkins. Even The lowly Harmon Kardon in my spouses Volvo runs circles around my R1T audio.
It must be broken or your settings are off somehow. I get into the Rivian and is best I have had stock. None compare. Most of them even sound like trash now. The B&O on platinum explorer is OK but not great. I have also had B&O on other high end Ford models. The Tesla system is very good but still doesn’t touch Rivian when properly configured. You have to get the settings right for what works best for you. Many other vehicles sound like they are distorted to me and try to overcompensate bass. I most recently have driven a jeep grand Cherokee trailhawk 2019, and that is a really bad system in my opinion, but maybe just the vehicle too. I don’t know. I have only driven one. I have driven enough Tesla vehicles and B&O to be able to form opinion overall.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
After lots of testing, switching back and forth and experimentation, I've found that for me 3D Enhanced set to off gives the better audio quality. With it being off, the music is much more tight and accurate, where 3D Enhanced sounds good initially but starts to grate on the ears at times and you can hear wandering bass and overly sharp highs -- vocals also seem to get pushed to the back. Just one person's opinion. I'd describe myself as a passionate audio enthusiast, but not necessarily an audiophile.

Last edited:

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Either broken or bad settings. Easily best factory system I have ever heard...and I am an audio nut...

Have I heard better aftermarket...without any doubt.

But factory...the Meridian is excellent.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Holy....dialed in this sound system. Speechless. See my setting. Destroys my Model 3 and S90 Bowers and Wilkins. Check out my settings....volume 20 to 22. Pink Floyd "wish you were here" will BLOW your mind. Angel, Sarah McLachlan will put you in a trance. Simply Amazing. Rivian....hats off, guys. PS- Soundstage "on" or "enhanced" will be a personal preference. I'm a huge sound-stage guy and Enhanced is what I prefer.
20220930_211633.jpg
20220930_211614.jpg
Glad you decided to get the R1!

A few more that sound good on this thing...

Sarah McLachlan Possession
Bush Glycerine
Smashing Pumpkins Cherub Rock
Gordon Lightfoot If you could read my mind
Post Malone I Like you

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
It must be broken or your settings are off somehow. I get into the Rivian and is best I have had stock. None compare. Most of them even sound like trash now. The B&O on platinum explorer is OK but not great. I have also had B&O on other high end Ford models. The Tesla system is very good but still doesn’t touch Rivian when properly configured. You have to get the settings right for what works best for you. Many other vehicles sound like they are distorted to me and try to overcompensate bass. I most recently have driven a jeep grand Cherokee trailhawk 2019, and that is a really bad system in my opinion, but maybe just the vehicle too. I don’t know. I have only driven one. I have driven enough Tesla vehicles and B&O to be able to form opinion overall.
Yep....I'd go around and make sure sound is coming from all the speakers. And find some bass music to test your woofer.

OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Glad you decided to get the R1!

A few more that sound good on this thing...

Sarah McLachlan Possession
Bush Glycerine
Smashing Pumpkins Cherub Rock
Gordon Lightfoot If you could read my mind
Post Malone I Like you
On it! I'll test those songs as well.
Sponsored