Sponsored
OP
OP

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Either broken or bad settings. Easily best factory system I have ever heard...and I am an audio nut...

Have I heard better aftermarket...without any doubt.

But factory...the Meridian is excellent.
Yep...I should have added my BW S90 was sweet as well. But I still think the Rivian has a more open Soundstage...especially nice at low volumes. For me, I couldn't have asked for better. Slams when you want it to, crystal clear when you want it, and precise. Range of the system is awesome. Especially given that some sound systems aren't great at all volume levels. Highest I went so far was 25 since I want to break in the speakers a bit more.
Sponsored

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Maybe it’s the fact that I’m stuck with Bluetooth audio on the R1, but the B&O system on the Audi etron is definitely better than the Meridian in the Rivian.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Nice! I'll have to find that. That's sweet! Took a while last night...
I added a link to my post. There was a rivian listvplaylist From the same person but it’s gone or no longer public. Maybe he doesn’t work there anymore LOL

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I like symphonic metal. Within Temptation, Frozen; shed my skin, all I need… Evanescence has some really good depth too…

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Hey everyone, since this is an audio thread I will let you know how I am progressing with my audio testing.

Over bluetooth the results have been....disappointing to say the least. The best codec I can get the truck to negotiate to on a regular basis is AAC. It doesn't even seem to support AptX at all (already thought this but my testing is confirming it). Now that I have my truck back from the wrap shop I am going to be doing some frequency analysis using some pink/white/brown noise sources and some studio microphones inside the cabin.

Specifically I am going to be comparing Spotify in different configurations to Bluetooth. So far I am still seeing that the audio sources we have available don't make good use of the Meridian system.
This is what cracks me up about everyone bragging about how amazing Amazon Music or other non-built-in audio sources sound. They might have some amazing source quality, but it is totally irrelevant and still is destroyed by the BT audio bottleneck. If Rivian chose to license and add AptX it would make an incredible difference.

Sponsored

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
Glad you decided to get the R1!

A few more that sound good on this thing...

Sarah McLachlan Possession
Bush Glycerine
Smashing Pumpkins Cherub Rock
Gordon Lightfoot If you could read my mind
Post Malone I Like you
my go to song for showing off the sound system is The Cult She Sells Sanctuary. Amazing!!!!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This is what cracks me up about everyone bragging about how amazing Amazon Music or other non-built-in audio sources sound. They might have some amazing source quality, but it is totally irrelevant and still is destroyed by the BT audio bottleneck. If Rivian chose to license and add AptX it would make an incredible difference.
Amazon Music is supported native through Alexa, no Bluetooth involved.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Yep....I'd go around and make sure sound is coming from all the speakers. And find some bass music to test your woofer.
I think the bass and tightness of the rivian sound system is good. But the higher end vocals and instruments don’t seem to have the separation as my tesla model 3s premium audio. They seem to get muddy up too. Maybe I need to adjust the EQ.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

PS- Make sure you turn on Spotify to Ultra High, or whatever the mode is....
+1 for this. I did that during my test drive and it makes a huge difference. Now they need to allow you to download playlists to the truck or something. Because many of us will travel through areas without cell service or spotty coverage and will still want our music without relegating ourselves to the bluetooth connection to our phones.

Sponsored

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I ran an RTA (real time analyzer) a while back and came up with these EQ settings for a flat, natural response. I found the highs were a bit over done and caused a ringing. Also a bit missing in the mid-range. I move the 63hz up a little for some music when I want more sub. I do NOT like the 3D sound as being 6'4" the surround sound speakers are right by my head and it is way too loud on the side for me.

Everyone has their own preference. I like to start as flat or as natural as possible and adjust from there. Also different kinds of music are going to need different EQs if you want to get into that. I wish that the Rivian system let you save your own custom EQ patterns.

Rivian R1T R1S OMG! Meridian audio system is amazing (EQ Share) 1664817182063

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I, also, had to disable the 3D sound thingy. Everything just sounded weird to me with it on. I have my EQ set up just using the pre-set "Rock" settings and I'm happy with the sound, but only with 3D turned off.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I ran an RTA (real time analyzer) a while back and came up with these EQ settings for a flat, natural response. I found the highs were a bit over done and caused a ringing. Also a bit missing in the mid-range. I move the 63hz up a little for some music when I want more sub. I do NOT like the 3D sound as being 6'4" the surround sound speakers are right by my head and it is way too loud on the side for me.

Everyone has their own preference. I like to start as flat or as natural as possible and adjust from there. Also different kinds of music are going to need different EQs if you want to get into that. I wish that the Rivian system let you save your own custom EQ patterns.

1664817182063.png
You can actually tell the ceiling speakers are working? Mine barely output any sound at all, and I’m also a tall.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT

1664817182063.png
What would be awesome is that once direct USB/FLAC playback is available you could save EQ settings per album like you can with better quality DAP's...

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Glad you decided to get the R1!

A few more that sound good on this thing...

Sarah McLachlan Possession
Bush Glycerine
Smashing Pumpkins Cherub Rock
Gordon Lightfoot If you could read my mind
Post Malone I Like you
About to go hear the pumpkins live in concert, excellent choice and good to know it's on the list!
Sponsored