First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Even the tiny tank in my daughter's CX3 took $44 to fill yesterday. Last night I checked her out on my i3 and handed her the FOB for her (50mi round trip) work commute TFN. She seemed to really like the i3-REX so I think the plan going forward will be to keep the Mazda till my R1T arrives (Oct-Dec 2022 delivery est.) then sell the Mazda. That will be 3 out of 4 in our family driving EV at that point. My rooftop solar will pay for our commutes, done being extorted by big oil!
Sponsored

Hathaway

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Toyota Corolla, 27' BT Cruiser Motorhom
Occupation
Solar Engineer
Just as a matter of petroleum trends and expressly not as a political debate, we've watched oil bottom at the peak of the pandemic, to reaching circa $100 per barrel of crude in this Russia-Ukraine conflict.

Given the above, I was a bit surprised by this recent clip featuring Ed Morse, Citi's Head of Commodities, standing by their $65 per barrel guidance that they gave last December despite global conflicts and what appears to be inevitable Russian sanctions.

MSN
We' will be living full-time in our RV in about 3 years. Gas in San Diego is over $5.00 now. I'm using $8/gallon as the average cost for the 8 years between 2025 and 2033. 8 years is what I figure I'll get out of a EV battery. At that price and getting about 8mpg in a Ford E450 pulling a small trailer with an EV, the payback for a EV truck and trailer set up is looking pretty affordable. I would put about 1710 watts of solar on the travel trailer.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
^@Hathaway, congrats and enjoy your journey. Trip report please.

We have all become drunk and addicted to cheap oil and artificially low interest rates. When the punch bowl gets taken away, it will be quite the hangover. Hopefully it will cause us all to get on the wagon.
Sponsored