Oil leak - maybe rear drive? [RESOLVED]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
I'd recommend taking off the lower shield and inspection of mating surfaces on DU assembly, as tradition with all leaks, it good to wipe, spray brake clean, wipe,use leak detection spray, on fittings and seals, drive on freeway for 3 exits, bring back for inspection. You'll like find the problem urself. I specialize in EV inspections, EV purchase inspections, and DIY assistance is primarily my experience after release from Rivian.
Why did you leave Rivian? We’re you in SD service center? I’m in N. County. Beers or Coffee on me if you are up for a chat Sometime

FormerRIVTech

First Name
Yaqui
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yaqui
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
EV Auto Technician
DM me but for the record, I don't disclose my employment reasons due to NDA but I just want to help people understand their product. It's tough as a consumer and owner of an emission free vehicle and service support in general needs alot of objective factual information IMO.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX
Occupation
IT
Thread marked [RESOLVED] ???

What was the resolution?

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicles
Tesla
There was a top secret meeting…

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Thread marked [RESOLVED] ???

What was the resolution?
[UPDATE] Rivian inspected the leak and found a failed seal on the upper drain plug of the rear drive unit. They replaced the seal, drained and refilled the unit with fluid, road tested it, did general diagnostics, and returned it to me. Overall it was a very good service experience. They provided me a rental car and coordinated to pick up the truck (on a flatbed) around my schedule.