First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Either way - I'm still hoping that somebody designs a cover for the cover! Something that stretches over the top of the power cover and keeps everything dry and debris free.

It doesn't have to offer any security, can be very light - it just needs to resist weather.

Basically, gutter guards for the tonneau cover!
I like it! This is no different than after dinner you hand wash the plates before putting them in the dishwasher because you're afraid the dishwasher would get dirty and clog with food particles, which is what I do btw. :D

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I like it! This is no different than after dinner you hand wash the plates before putting them in the dishwasher because you're afraid the dishwasher would get dirty and clog with food particles, which is what I do btw. :D
Now you're talk'n my language! Tonneau Guard ™ We can come up with all kinds of different patterns - maybe some camo colors - some funny ones like a bullseye for bird poop.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Either way - I'm still hoping that somebody designs a cover for the cover! Something that stretches over the top of the power cover and keeps everything dry and debris free.

It doesn't have to offer any security, can be very light - it just needs to resist weather.

Basically, gutter guards for the tonneau cover!
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Power Tonneau Cover Redesign Gossip Thread 1669120695784

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Well I got my truck today with a power tonneau cover that is disabled because it came in broken from the factory. So, waiting for a replacement.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Well I got my truck today with a power tonneau cover that is disabled because it came in broken from the factory. So, waiting for a replacement.
LUCKY

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I have not yet received my Rivian. I have a question for someone who has a tonneau cover. Does the tailgate lock so that someone cannot get into the bed with the tonneau cover and tailgate closed..?? Does the key open the doors and the tailgate, to access the bed..??
Yes. The tonneau and the tailgate buttons are disabled when the truck is locked. Since it is a hard tonneau and a tailgate you will not be getting in there without a crowbar and doing some serious loud damage to the truck. I have my PAAK enabled but one of the things I really like about the Rivian is how the door handles extend outward when the truck is unlocked. It's really easy to see when it's ready for you to enter or when the buttons will work. They aren't always as fast as I'd like them to be but overall it works pretty well.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I heard from my neighbor’s best friend’s 4 cousin by a 3rd marriage that Rivian will introduce maglev tracks to eliminate all drag on the cover and install an anti-torque tailrotor on the drive bar. This will eliminate all problems but the tailrotor will be a bit noisy and chop off an errant fingers.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I heard from my neighbor’s best friend’s 4 cousin by a 3rd marriage that Rivian will introduce maglev tracks to eliminate all drag on the cover and install an anti-torque tailrotor on the drive bar. This will eliminate all problems but the tailrotor will be a bit noisy and chop off an errant fingers.
This is the creativity I'm looking for. Bravo.

1shadowsabre

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 Ram 1500 ecodiesel Honda Shadow Sabre
Did my first mile drive today and my host told me that they have been specifically told NOT to open the power tonneaus, even to show a customer.
Had to go look at another truck w/o a tonneau to see the bed.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
One word Sarge..."NOTAR" .... lol

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
I just got off the phone with rivian. They were trying to get me to come in to get a bunch of random shit fixed. They claimed early 2023.
Other news she said they stopped picking up(towing) trucks if you live far from a service center. Their words - we don’t do that anymore. They want me to drive the 2.5 hours each way. I think we get a rental car…..

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

One word Sarge..."NOTAR" .... lol
Now where’s the fun in that?

I remember, back in ye olden days, one of the great joys of being a UH-1H crewchief. Tackling the various idiots that walked towards my tail rotor.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT

I remember, back in ye olden days, one of the great joys of being a UH-1H crewchief. Tackling the various idiots that walked towards my tail rotor.
I flew a Sikorsky S58 from the 34th St. helipad (under the FDR Drive) for NY Helicopter back in the day... 56' main rotor, 10' tail rotor! Kind of gives meaning to the phrase.. "Stay Clear" o_O
You had to be a special kind of stupid to go anywhere near that!!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

People walk towards a clearly deadly tail rotor?

Sponsored