First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
People have said the R1 shop has trucks with covers right now. Ask your guide to match you to one. That's how I got mine.
Yeah, I have him keeping an eye out when he can and I check when I can. Just such a tug of war being pumped I had 8 step email but had to reject it... not something I thought I would have to do.

Edit: Just tried to look at the store and apparently while you are matched with a VIN or given 8 steps your access to the R1 store is removed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Well I am bummed... I changed my config from max pack to large yesterday. I communicated with my guide that I would wait for the powered tonneau redesign... and today I got my 8 steps email and had to contact my guide to be unmatched... If only they would retro fit...
That's wild you got matched that quickly. I switched maybe two weeks ago and crickets, but I was never assigned a guide either, I assume because I was Max pack. I'd find it hard to believe there aren't a bunch of FG/FE trucks in the shop at the moment and Denver is a pretty big service center too. 🤷‍♂️ But I'm not super chomping at the bit to get one immediately either.

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
That's wild you got matched that quickly. I switched maybe two weeks ago and crickets, but I was never assigned a guide either, I assume because I was Max pack. I'd find it hard to believe there aren't a bunch of FG/FE trucks in the shop at the moment and Denver is a pretty big service center too. 🤷‍♂️ But I'm not super chomping at the bit to get one immediately either.
That is what I thought. That is also why I got pumped initially. Did you have shop access because apparently if you have shop access you have a guide. I did not know that until I started asking questions about the dual motor and was told I should contact my guide. I would love to get my R1T asap but the tonneau is a must for us otherwise we would be on the R1S team.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

That is what I thought. That is also why I got pumped initially. Did you have shop access because apparently if you have shop access you have a guide. I did not know that until I started asking questions about the dual motor and was told I should contact my guide. I would love to get my R1T asap but the tonneau is a must for us otherwise we would be on the R1S team.
I feel you. I had to put my order on pause because I wanted to wait for the cover to be redesigned. I have been forever stuck at the "confirm your configuration" screen because my Guide froze my order.

On the bright side, I do have access to the shop. If a truck with a power cover shows up with a configuration I'm willing to live with, I will have to really think about it.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Also, just venting, it would have been nice if Tony gave us any update on the cover situation in his email today. Even to say - we are still working on it and targeting early 2023, etc. to put to rest the rumor mill that they will scrap the power option all together.

Thanks, Tony!

Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I did find it odd that they added that if I heard any news about it being available earlier to get back in contact so they could update my configuration as soon as possible. I would think they would have that information before me haha...
Worth noting that the techs will have a more active rumor mill than we do, but not necessarily a more accurate one.

We'll know the truth when we hear it from the horse's mouth.
When I was at the factory last Fall, the Guide and Customer Service reps said they're the last to know anything... apparently school of thought is that Customer Service reps have loose lips and will leak unofficial announcement(s) to their customers - thus, they learn about official plans shortly before we do. I'm sure the water cooler rumor mill is rampant around the factory and the Service Centers - which is where we get these internal "speculations".

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

When I was at the factory last Fall, the Guide and Customer Service reps said they're the last to know anything... apparently school of thought is that Customer Service reps have loose lips and will leak unofficial announcement(s) to their customers - thus, they learn about official plans shortly before we do. I'm sure the water cooler rumor mill is rampant around the factory and the Service Centers - which is where we get these internal "speculations".
Exactly. That's why it was disappointing to not cover (pun intended) that in the email update they just sent out. It was notably absent.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
If you can get a truck with the tonneau from the shop, I'd jump on it. Mine has worked pretty well without the redesign as long as I periodically maintain it with dry lube spray.

I am still expecting it to be discontinued. It seems like more trouble for them than it's worth. Also the camp kitchen.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
@goldburger thank you for posting. Who is this chat with? CS, Your Guide, or Cut-the-line Kyle? :cool:
Haha. My guide. He’s so good that even after getting my truck he’s quick to respond lol.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Haha. My guide. He’s so good that even after getting my truck he’s quick to respond lol.
Wow - I didn't even realize you could text with your Guide. That looks like you're texting them?

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Wow - I didn't even realize you could text with your Guide. That looks like you're texting them?
Lol ya it was one of the 3 options— call text or email. We only text except when I needed a phone call I’d text can we have a phone call.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Lol ya it was one of the 3 options— call text or email. We only text except when I needed a phone call I’d text can we have a phone call.
Great stuff. I've only reached out over email - I'm totally texting from now on!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I just hope to god they're stealing the manual design from the hyundai santa cruz and will have it fit where the power tonneau lives...

This is the way...
It won't be. It will be panels that slide out and you put in gear tunnel. The current storage space will be wasted.
Same. He's actually easier to work with now than when I was waiting for my truck. According to him my quad motor max pack reservation was left with the unicorns out back and they forgot to put it in the R1 shop when I got access recently.
Sponsored