Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
All we have to go on is what they list on their FAQ page:

Why will some R1T powered tonneau covers be replaced?
Currently, some R1T owners are experiencing issues with their powered tonneau covers. While most are operating as intended, many are not.

We’re aware of the issue and working on a better solution. As part of that solution, we’re also working on a process for replacing existing tonneau covers. Right now, no customer action is required. We simply want existing R1T owners to know that we’re working hard on this. Our goal is to have a solution in early 2023 and will reach out at that time with next steps.

What will change about the powered tonneau cover design?
The updated design addresses subcomponent design issues and improves the tonneau cover's robustness against manufacturing build variations. The look and function of the new design is the same.

I will say that my prediction is (was) that they won't make drastic changes like adding another motor. I think they are going to try and make the current design more robust so that it fails less often.
I have a R1T, got it in mid Aug. 2022. I was told by my guide that I had to pay $1500 for a PTC to get the truck. The PTC has worked sporadically since I received the truck. Was told by service, at the time, that I didn’t need to do anything, they were working a redesign & they would contact me.
When I asked my guide two weeks ago, he said that I had to put service ticket in.
Sponsored