Sponsored

Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Keep this thread on track please. Have the arguments about Texas law elsewhere please. I liked coming to this thread to see new ACCESSORIES, not read pages and pages of complaints and discussions about this other stuff.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Any experienced tinter shouldn't have any issue. Did mine. Not an issue for the tinter at all. Should be easier if anything, since it's such a small piece.
Yeah, I had my tint installed last week. It was not an issue for the installer.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The lack of a glovebox is annoying, and I agree that there is no good place to place documents. While I still don't have my registration (due to Rivian taking forever for this to push through), I won't have a good place to put it when I do, and my insurance paper is just floating around in the giant glovebox with sunglasses cases, charge cords, my MagSafe puck (since wireless charging doesn't work), some napkins, a headlamp, etc, etc
Just making sure you saw that there is an elastic strap in the console specifically for this purpose that I use to store several items including the envelope for my cargo bar keys.

And below the seat is literally meant for sunglasses. Though I know some people don't like that. At least for me it's a hell of a lot better storage for them than any other vehicle I've had. I hate the elastic strap dangling sunglass off the visor system.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I do also use that space for easily-accesible larger items like a camera bag, lunch in a paper bag, etc. (my partner doesn't use a purse, but she does put her small backpack there). I was perhaps exaggerating to call that wasted space—but I think they could design options for it to be better-utilized space.

That being said, I still think there could be room for a couple cup-holders (ideally ones that fit 32oz insulated water bottles), and possibly a few more storage add-ons. I would have to think about the space a little more to specifically detail ways I think it could be better utilized, yet remain modular/flexible/removable for people who just want it open—but I'm not a car designer or manufacturer, so I guess my basic complaint is that Rivian didn't decide to do that for us (or hasn't yet), and I think there is room for that to be done (literally).
Here you go

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1248679346/

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Thanks, this is perfect! I just purchased it.

Now I’m just waiting for the right center console organizer to be made (a few members have some great ideas, andI’m sure it won’t be long before I can buy one of them… this has reminded me how much I want a 3D printer too, honestly). Here’s the thread where people are showing their center console organizer ideas:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...organizer-installed-photos-design-files.6827/

Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
  1. Paint Sealant + Polish kit by Klasse
    1. Been using this for 20 years and as I have mentioned many times before, I'm not a fan of ceramic coatings on paint due to the disproportionate cost vs. durability. Klasse offers protection up to 12 months, has an amazing deep shine, and requires no expensive paint prep. Detailers will apply it for the cost of a typical wax/detail.
  2. Plastic+Trim: Cerakote Trim Protection
    1. Easy to apply and durable enough to survive a winter/salt season. Really does make trim look brand new again.
I’m writing in to say I used the two products above and I couldn’t be more pleased!

For the Klasse product I washed my car, clay bared it, applied the included Klasse all-in-one with an orbital sander and paint correction pad, and twice applied (whisper thin) the included Klasse sealant with the orbital and a waxing pad.

That was 8 weeks ago — and I park on the driveway under a tree — and the paint is absolutely bulletproof. Bugs from long drives spray off with water. Nothing seems to stick to the paint. It beads like I waxed it yesterday. Indeed, I’m not sure I’ll need to wash the car with soap for a while because a spray from the hose cleans the paint like a $20 wash.

Absolutely recommended! COST: $50 for the kit, which still has over half left after doing all the above to my vehicle, my partner’s vehicle and my folk’s vehicle too. They say it looks better than it did new, and it’s 12 years old.

For the Ceracoat product I washed the trim and wheels then degreased both. This was hard work on the tires where it took multiple efforts—letting the degreaser soak in, semi-scrubbing, etc, until the tires were jet black and wouldn’t give a black smear on a wet rag. I let it all dry thoroughly. Then I applied the ceracoat as recommended. I have no memory of what this involved really, beyond rub it on and buff it off. I did whatever the bottle and a few YouTube’s recommended.

That was also about 8 weeks ago and the water still beads on the tires! I swear they’re now untouchable. Nothing will stick to them, dirt sprays right off or never sticks in the first place. They‘re also still jet black—not glossy per se, but just right: tire-colored black like they’re brand new.

(FWIW, I also applied Aquapel to the windows and have mixed feelings. It’s super durable, still beading on the windows after the same 8 weeks. But somehow my wipers can’t remove all the water when I try. That is, they sometimes smash the beaded water droplets into a million tiny droplets that won’t wipe away. Also dirt sometimes smears on the window instead of wiping off with the wipers and windshield spray. When it wears off I probably won’t reapply.)

That’s it for the reviews. Thanks @SASSquatch for your literally life-changing recommendations! I’ll be using Klasse and Ceracoat Trim as long as they’re available, hopefully for years to come!

Last edited:

Bernefj60

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T, ‘21 GMC Yukon Denali, 78 FJ40
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Broker
Got these screen protectors and am completely happy with them:

Screen ProTech
I have these as well. HF they were a pain to install. I used to own a sign company, so did vehicle wraps and vinyl applications all the time. This tiny little screen was harder to wrap than a smart car (Small with lots of curves).

That being said, in order to install this product with any measure of success, you need to:
a) first, clean the interior of the truck completely of all dust. Any minute speck of dust will instantly become attracted to the vinyl.
B) wash you hands thoroughly and wear lint free clothing. I gave up and took my shirt off. keep your hands wet, as well.
c) if you have access to a conditioned garage, do it there. Turn off any fans to reduce the chance of dust entering the truck.
d) keep the display off or on dark mode.
e) using a spray bottle, wet both sides of the vinyl before you remove the backer. This will keep the static down. I add a little dish soap to make it easier to slide. A drop or two per liter is sufficient. I use Dawn.
f) Everyone has their own style, but i like to tape the center like a hinge and work to the outside, one side at a time. You can lay it all down in one piece, but the screen will need to be wet if you do it this way. I rolled up a clean, damp, lint free rag above and below the screen to avoid overspray.

Able all, you need to avoid dust. I used a squeegee with a fabric edge so as not to catch on the material, but so long as you work from the center out to clear all the air bubbles, you should be fine. If you get dust trapped, remove and rinse the entire thing, clean the screen again thoroughly, using a squeegee to get all debris off the screen, re-wet, and reapply. I bought the extra pieces for $15, just in case.

Good luck!

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
I have these as well. HF they were a pain to install. I used to own a sign company, so did vehicle wraps and vinyl applications all the time. This tiny little screen was harder to wrap than a smart car (Small with lots of curves).

That being said, in order to install this product with any measure of success, you need to:
a) first, clean the interior of the truck completely of all dust. Any minute speck of dust will instantly become attracted to the vinyl.
B) wash you hands thoroughly and wear lint free clothing. I gave up and took my shirt off. keep your hands wet, as well.
c) if you have access to a conditioned garage, do it there. Turn off any fans to reduce the chance of dust entering the truck.
d) keep the display off or on dark mode.
e) using a spray bottle, wet both sides of the vinyl before you remove the backer. This will keep the static down. I add a little dish soap to make it easier to slide. A drop or two per liter is sufficient. I use Dawn.
f) Everyone has their own style, but i like to tape the center like a hinge and work to the outside, one side at a time. You can lay it all down in one piece, but the screen will need to be wet if you do it this way. I rolled up a clean, damp, lint free rag above and below the screen to avoid overspray.

Able all, you need to avoid dust. I used a squeegee with a fabric edge so as not to catch on the material, but so long as you work from the center out to clear all the air bubbles, you should be fine. If you get dust trapped, remove and rinse the entire thing, clean the screen again thoroughly, using a squeegee to get all debris off the screen, re-wet, and reapply. I bought the extra pieces for $15, just in case.

Good luck!
Having no experience at all, my install was a breeze. Yeah, clean the screen, clean your hands thoroughly, keep the film and screen wet to aid sliding film around until ready. Also put a little water on the squeegee so it slips easily. Be on a screen where erroneous button pushes aren't an issue.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I’m writing in to say I used the two products above and I couldn’t be more pleased!

For the Klasse product I washed my car, clay bared it, applied the included Klasse all-in-one with an orbital sander and paint correction pad, and twice applied (whisper thin) the included Klasse sealant with the orbital and a waxing pad.

That was 8 weeks ago — and I park on the driveway under a tree — and the paint is absolutely bulletproof. Bugs from long drives spray off with water. Nothing seems to stick to the paint. It beads like I waxed it yesterday. Indeed, I’m not sure I’ll need to wash the car with soap for a while because a spray from the hose cleans the paint like a $20 wash.

Absolutely recommended! COST: $50 for the kit, which still has over half left after doing all the above to my vehicle, my partner’s vehicle and my folk’s vehicle too. They say it looks better than it did new, and it’s 12 years old.

For the Ceracoat product I washed the trim and wheels then degreased both. This was hard work on the tires where it took multiple efforts—letting the degreaser soak in, semi-scrubbing, etc, until the tires were jet black and wouldn’t give a black smear on a wet rag. I let it all dry thoroughly. Then I applied the ceracoat as recommended. I have no memory of what this involved really, beyond rub it on and buff it off. I did whatever the bottle and a few YouTube’s recommended.

That was also about 8 weeks ago and the water still beads on the tires! I swear they’re now untouchable. Nothing will stick to them, dirt sprays right off or never sticks in the first place. They‘re also still jet black—not glossy per se, but just right: tire-colored black like they’re brand new.

(FWIW, I also applied Aquapel to the windows and have mixed feelings. It’s super durable, still beading on the windows after the same 8 weeks. But somehow my wipers can’t remove all the water when I try. That is, they sometimes smash the beaded water droplets into a million tiny droplets that won’t wipe away. Also dirt sometimes smears on the window instead of wiping off with the wipers and windshield spray. When it wears off I probably won’t reapply.)

That’s it for the reviews. Thanks @SASSquatch for your literally life-changing recommendations! I’ll be using Klasse and Ceracoat Trim as long as they’re available, hopefully for years to come!
I'm really glad that you are enjoying the products. At this point, Klasse in particular owes me some royalties because I've been giving them shoutouts for years and most people have never heard of them.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your experience! Keep us posted on how long your bulletproof shine lasts. It will be a PSA for those thinking about spending thousands of dollars on a ceramic coat for their paint.

Last edited:

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Seems like a beacon to attract break-ins if you leave a knife and coins visible.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Am I the only one who thought that @onesoil must eat eat way too many hot dogs in their truck if they need a dedicated mustard jar holder.
I’ll make sure to tell my partner 😂 I laughed pretty hard when she got it, but figured at least she wouldn’t have any issues finding it around the house and wouldn’t have to worry about anyone taking it if she ever left it lying around.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I killed three birds with one stone recently by purchasing this 3D print on etsy. A few of my chief irritations early on were where to store large water bottles in a way that doesn't flop around on every corner/bump, where to put coins, and how to make better use the massive front storage console area: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1248679346/rivian-r1-t-water-bottle-holder?click_key=e736a09de396a9a47d48b4b5927d6ac29e1f1ac6:1248679346&click_sum=6698ca67&ref=shop_home_recs_1

tempImageB0ujQv.jpg

tempImage044DeM.jpg

tempImage6p1Axi.jpg

tempImageL9kp9k.jpg
I think I am going to bite the bullet and get one of these. My wife and I both use 26 oz Yeti bottles when in the truck, and while they do fit in door pockets its not convenient, and we don't normally use the center area (or at least not the whole thing). Does this interfere with removing the camp speaker?

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think I am going to bite the bullet and get one of these. My wife and I both use 26 oz Yeti bottles when in the truck, and while they do fit in door pockets its not convenient, and we don't normally use the center area (or at least not the whole thing). Does this interfere with removing the camp speaker?
Nope! Without the bottles in the holder the speaker slides out just fine.

Also, make sure you measure your bottle diameters (which the seller can customize for you). It’s fairly shallow to accommodate the speaker, so if they weren’t the right diameter holes, I think they would flop out around corners. I may ask him to print a nesting shim (think donut) that is sized for a smaller bottle I have.

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews image

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews image
Sponsored

Last edited: