Sponsored

Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I am not putting that ugly heat shield in mine. My 32oz Yeti flask and my wife's 20oz flask fit in the deep center console. I do need to find a way to separate the console vertically though. If anything falls down below the big flask the top will not close. I really like the idea of the magnets on the jack pucks though.
Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
I purchased a rectangle AD Organizer from Walmart ($13) and squeezed it into the isosceles trapezoid floor console. Works well. The interference
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 20220626_184508
fit holds it in place while a center handle pops up, allowing you to lift it out of the way if you need to access the Camp Speaker. This adds 2 more cup holders, a lot of other
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 20220626_184348
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 20220626_184407
storage options and organize them so they don't roll around as much. Cheap fix for the floor console usage dilemma.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I purchased a rectangle AD Organizer from Walmart ($13) and squeezed it into the isosceles trapezoid floor console. Works well. The interference
20220626_184508.jpg
fit holds it in place while a center handle pops up, allowing you to lift it out of the way if you need to access the Camp Speaker. This adds 2 more cup holders, a lot of other
20220626_184348.jpg
20220626_184407.jpg
storage options and organize them so they don't roll around as much. Cheap fix for the floor console usage dilemma.
Is there manufacturer information on the organizer? I'd like to find it online.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yesterday, I installed the HeatShield on the roof and windshield. I noticed a significant reduction in heat. Now I can hold the stearing wheel on a hot day. It was over 100F yesterday.

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I am not putting that ugly heat shield in mine. My 32oz Yeti flask and my wife's 20oz flask fit in the deep center console. I do need to find a way to separate the console vertically though. If anything falls down below the big flask the top will not close. I really like the idea of the magnets on the jack pucks though.
I agree with you. That thing is not very attractive. Nice clean interior. Not putting that thing up in there. Have my window tinter coming on Thursday. Going to have him tint it to add a further layer of UV protection. Admittedly, the Rivian does get pretty darn hot inside. Ford's auto sunshade is a very nice feature. Wish all these companies doing glass roof's would offer one.

Edit: Window tinter came today. He was not able to get the roof in and was undecided on doing a clear film on the windshield. Left it outside so the windows could dry quickly in the 102 degree heat today. Checked the app before leaving in the afternoon and it said it was a whopping 138 degrees inside!! I got in and it wasn't lying!! This thing definitely retains more heat that any car I've had before. Not sure if it's just the angle I was parked at, the windshield angle or what, but couldn't touch the steering wheel or anything metal inside the cab. Literally burned my fingers. He's coming back to do the windshield and roof. Hopefully that helps. If not, thank goodness for the new software update coming. I'll be using it just to keep the interior reasonable on days like today.

Last edited:

lifezzgood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Delivery last week. For a car so well thought out on so many fronts, the center console is sad design - it's truly a black hole with zero options for organizing and finding things. I cringe looking at the floor center as that's huge space offering little value - so much room for a wonderfully designed "box" or something. C'mon Rivian, this is an easy fix and huge oversight.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I had Llumar CTX tint installed on the front two windows and on the windshield. Can’t remember the exact specs but the front two windows match the factory tint and the windshield has a very slight blue tint. Tinting these windows definitely has helped with heat reduction and cabin comfort.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Has anyone had issues tinting the front windows? I was wondering if the small triangular panes caused any grief?

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I’m having my fronts done next week. Except for it costing $40 more, the installer wasn’t concerned.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Delivery last week. For a car so well thought out on so many fronts, the center console is sad design - it's truly a black hole with zero options for organizing and finding things. I cringe looking at the floor center as that's huge space offering little value - so much room for a wonderfully designed "box" or something. C'mon Rivian, this is an easy fix and huge oversight.
Think of it as a blank canvas for you & your 3-D printer to explore.

Wow, that was uncharacteristically optimistic for me.

lifezzgood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Think of it as a blank canvas for you & your 3-D printer to explore.

Wow, that was uncharacteristically optimistic for me.
You're right, if only I had those skills, it's an easy fix. Hoping 3rd party providers catch up soon.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
A little clarification on how big your Tesla Tap needs to be. Your truck will draw, at most, 48 A from an HPWC commissioned for a 60A breaker. Your Tesla tap should be derated to 80% the same as the HPWC and the circuit it is on. Therefore it should have the same capacity as the breaker; 60A. It will never see more than 48A but it must have the same 25% extra capacity to be NEC compliant. If you have a 50A TeslaTap it should not be used above 40 A etc.

I do have a pair of Gen2 HPWC (just installed a replacement for one that melted inside yesterday) that will do 80A and had an X that took 72 but I don't what I'd be able to plug those into other than one of the old Teslas. Those HPWC require a 100A circuit and a 100A Tesla Tap to plug into a 80A car or an 80A Tesla Tap to plug into a 72A car or a 60A Tesla Tap to serve your R1T.

For an R1T/S you need 60A to be code compliant and I leave it there. Those of you smarter than NFPA as a consequence of having your Electricity Merit Badges can do as you wish.
Sponsored

Last edited: