SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

The 60A is all you need. The Rivian can’t take more than 48A so anything over that is gravy.

Unless you have another EV that can take 80A and want to share the adapter, it’s entirely unnecessary.
I'm updating the link in the accessories list. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Fair call, I’m using mine on a Taycan so it could theoretically melt the 60AMP adapter in some edge cases.
Edit: the stock Taycan doesn’t even use 60A so would not “melt” the Telsatap mini. If you have a dual onboard charger (not standard equipment) then you would “know” that you need a special, high-current adapter. For most people this is unnecessary.

Last edited:

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, Model X LR, F150L, Artura
Clubs

No, the Taycan also maxes out at 48A. It will not melt a 60A teslatap.
As much as I appreciate the Commodore Amiga I have to call BS on you. If you have the optional 19.2 kw onboard charger (as I do) the max L2 you can pull is 80 amps.

If someone pulled up to a destination charger running a 100amp line, a TeslaTap Mini 40 or 60 and this Taycan configuration bad things would happen.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
As much as I appreciate the Commodore Amiga I have to call BS on you. If you have the optional 19.2 kw onboard charger (as I do) the max L2 you can pull is 80 amps.

If someone pulled up to a destination charger running a 100amp line, a TeslaTap Mini 40 or 60 and this Taycan configuration bad things would happen.
Porsche.com should update their specs page on the Taycan if that’s the case.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The porche.com website seems clear to me. 19,200W / 240V = 80A
that doesn’t appear to be the specs page.

but I’m going to leave the thread. 99.9999% of EVs can’t use 80A, and the few that can require *optional* equipment and people who have it KNOW what they need. So trying to push 80A equipment on normal people is fearmongering or a cash-grab. But you do you.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Thinking about:

1) Better phone mount/charger setup

2) Amp Powersteps either hard wire or OBD

3) Snap in mud flap inserts for front wheels

4) Exterior wrap for greenhouse roof

5) Integrated radar detector/laser
#5 for sure! I've been pulled over twice for speeding; the beast is so smooth, going fast is too easy. Just installed my radar detector/laser and will test it this weekend; 900 miles over 3 States, yee haw!!

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 20220608_223437

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Ok folks, I didn't see a thread on here that was discussing what aftermarket accessories or care products folks were planning to use/purchase when they take delivery of their R1T so I thought I would get things started with my list. I'm only listing non-RIVIAN branded products in my list below as folks have already started covering those in other threads.

This is only a partial list so add yours and lets inspire each other with new products or provide feedback on existing ones!

Accessories
  1. Screen Protector for Main Display: ??
    1. Will be a must have to protect that big glass display but I have not been able to find anyone who has made one yet.
Here's one company to check out for screen protectors:

SCREENPROTECH Automotive Technology Protection @ (https://screenprotech.com/collections/rivian/products/rivian-r1s-screen-protech-kit)

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
  1. Custom Sun Shade: Weathertech
    1. I know some will tint their front windshields, but I'm not really interested in the cost. These custom sun shades are cut specifically for your car and can be used in the winter to attract heat and summer to repel heat (different material on each side).
It looks like heat shield has custom shades already available for both the R1S and R1T. They are pretty expensive, but what I am most interested in is the shade for the roof.

If any one gets the roof shade, can y’all let us know how well it works and how it is attached to o the roof?
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 7366286F-3791-4F0A-8122-46F3C6A5B7A8

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-window-shades/2022-rivian-r1t-crew

Last edited:

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Funny that they show a truck that is clearly not an R1T...not a judgement on the product, but jeez...
They have a disclosure that the pic is not representative of the vehicle. Check out the R1S pic. Haha.
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 89EB6B68-A48A-4623-B9F4-10D8DB19997B

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

It looks like heat shield has custom shades already available for both the R1S and R1T. They are pretty expensive, but what I am most interested in is the shade for the roof.

If any one gets the roof shade, can y’all let us know how well it works and how it is attached to o the roof?
7366286F-3791-4F0A-8122-46F3C6A5B7A8.png

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-window-shades/2022-rivian-r1t-crew
Great find! Now, if someone wants to loan me their R1T for a few days, I'll gladly pony up the cost of the custom shade for testing purposes. :)
Sponsored