SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Ok folks, I didn't see a thread on here that was discussing what aftermarket accessories or care products folks were planning to use/purchase when they take delivery of their R1T so I thought I would get things started with my list. I'm only listing non-RIVIAN branded products in my list below as folks have already started covering those in other threads.

This is only a partial list so add yours and lets inspire each other with new products or provide feedback on existing ones!

Accessories
  1. Floor Mats: Weathertech
    1. Normally, I would purchase weathertech mats, but I have ordered the RIVIAN ones and suspect they will be just as good.
  2. Custom Sun Shade: Heatshield
    1. I know some will tint their front windshields, but I'm not really interested in the cost. These custom sun shades are cut specifically for your car and can be used in the winter to attract heat and summer to repel heat (different material on each side).
  3. Frunk Cooler: Dometic Ice Cooler
    1. Since the frunk isn't vented, not sure it will be a good idea to have a powered fridge in the frunk.
  4. Tesla Charging Adapter: Tesla to J1772 Adapter
    1. I have one of these and have used it several times at hotels where there are tesla destination chargers. Pricey, but a must have for being prepared and having maximum charging options.
  5. Screen Protector for Main Display
    1. Will be a must have to protect that big glass display but I have not been able to find anyone who has made one yet.
  6. Console Organizer
    1. The lack of a glove box means you will need to use the console in the same vein but all appearances are that it is a cavernous hole. An organizer to maximize the utility of the space will be a must have.
  7. Heavy Duty Tire Jack: Pro Eagle Off Road Jack
    1. From what I have read/seen, the included jack doesn't inspire confidence so I will likely want to have an upgrade around just in case.
Care + Protection Products
  1. Paint Sealant + Polish kit by Klasse
    1. Been using this for 20 years and as I have mentioned many times before, I'm not a fan of ceramic coatings on paint due to the disproportionate cost vs. durability. Klasse offers protection up to 12 months, has an amazing deep shine, and requires no expensive paint prep. Detailers will apply it for the cost of a typical wax/detail.
  2. Xpel PPF/Window Tint
    1. I have been putting PPF on my cars since 2007 and as long as it is properly applied, is well worth the cost. I typically do the partial kit (bumper, fenders, partial hood, mirrors and headlights).
    2. Window tint is a necessity for keeping UV from destroying the interior and keeping the car cooler during the hot summer months.
  3. Leather Care: Gyeon Quartz Leather Kit
    1. I have used this on the last two vehicles and this is where I think ceramic coating has its benefits because you do not have to do expensive and labor intensive corrections to your vegan leather to apply this. So far, after 2 years I have been impressed with the ability to protect leather seats in our C-Max and prevent dye transfer.
  4. Car Wash Soap: Chemical Guys Ceramic Wash
    1. This stuff foams up like you wouldn't believe and unlike a $2,500 ceramic coating job, allows you to get some of the benefits of ceramic without breaking the bank. Can be used with paint sealant as well.
  5. Plastic+Trim: Cerakote Trim Protection
    1. Easy to apply and durable enough to survive a winter/salt season. Really does make trim look brand new again.
  6. Rain-X
    1. Really does improve visibility and snow/ice comes off the windshield much easier. I find it most helpful on the headlights to keep snow/dirt off.
  7. Interior Cleaner/Protectant: Chemical Guys
    1. Been using this on my i3 dashboard which is natural wood and it works wonders. Since the R1T has a lot of wood trim, we will need something to keep it looking good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

👍👍👍👍👍👍🍻

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm looking for more of a floor liner, the Rivian mats seem like I wouldn't be able to pull out and dump the snow and slush out like I can now.
I can attest after the random hail/snow/slush we got yesterday, you can pull the Rivian rubber mats out and dump easily.

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
Thanks, @SASSquatch. I need to save this post for when I get my R1S sometime in late 2023. Seriously, good thoughts here.

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wonder if it would help to put Rain-X on the headlights, Out of spec mentioned snow can build up on them and needing to stop and wipe them off every 30 mins. Are other owners seeing this?

Also +1 thanks @SASSquatch going to bookmark this.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

For interior care I've been using Autoglym for years and have been very happy with it. I think my biggest question is whether to use their leather cleaner or the vinyl cleaner on the "vegan leather" parts. Also not sure what's going to be best to use on the wood trim across the board.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
For interior care I've been using Autoglym for years and have been very happy with it. I think my biggest question is whether to use their leather cleaner or the vinyl cleaner on the "vegan leather" parts. Also not sure what's going to be best to use on the wood trim across the board.
Mothers makes a great product called “VLR” (stands for Vinyl Leather Rubber). I’ve used it for years and it’s fantastic. I think that will continue to work well in the Rivian interior. Smells great, too.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Hard pass on Rain-X for me, at least on the windshield. I've used it and it just farks up the wiper blades. They seem to become softened and leave black smears at the ends of travel when the wipers flip over to reverse direction. Yuck.

I recommend Aqupel. It lasts at least 6 months and won't wreck the wiper blades. It doesn't repel water quiet as well as freshly applied rain-x, but it's easily good enough to not need to use my wipers at freeway speeds. It's way less expensive on eBay if you buy a larger quantity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I wonder if it would help to put Rain-X on the headlights, Out of spec mentioned snow can build up on them and needing to stop and wipe them off every 30 mins. Are other owners seeing this?

Also +1 thanks @SASSquatch going to bookmark this.
@lostpacket that is a great idea. In that same vein, I am wondering if you could apply Rain-X to the sensors since they would also get covered in snow and Kyle had to stop and clean them off every so often.

Hmm....

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

1. Screen Protector for Main Display: ??
    1. Will be a must have to protect that big glass display but I have not been able to find anyone who has made one yet.
I learned this last year that matte PPF works well. Hide all finger prints and protects. But you can go clear PPF but it will show prints and scratches over time. I went in to pick up a piece from a PPF shop and they just gave it to me. Quite a great thing.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

@lostpacket that is a great idea. In that same vein, I am wondering if you could apply Rain-X to the sensors since they would also get covered in snow and Kyle had to stop and clean them off every so often.

Hmm....
My solution to both of these problems is to live in a place where snow is more of a thought exercise than a reality. Highly recommend it.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Hmm....
If you ceramic the exterior or use a PPF with ceramic I would think Rain-X would be redundant.

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
6. Console Organizer

I’m not sure this is the BEST option, and it’s definitely pricey, but I’ve found that 2 small (3L) Patagonia black hole cube bags fit really well vertically in the center console. I use one for truck related things (multi-tool, phone charging cables, etc) and one for personal items (chap stick, gum, etc). The center console is so big, that even with the 2 Patagonia bags, there’s still room for a pack of baby wipes.

https://www.patagonia.com/product/black-hole-packing-cube-3-liters/49361.html
Sponsored