First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Seems like a beacon to attract break-ins if you leave a knife and coins visible.
We never really have smashed window break-ins where I live, but I will be putting those things in the center console once I have better organization there (currently waiting on/deciding between some other 3D printed options).

I wouldnā€™t think people would go through the trouble/risk of smashing a window for coins or a knife, but maybe thatā€™s just my luck/ignorance speaking. Iā€™ve certainly had much more valuable things in my car many times (cameras, drones, laptop/tablet, expensive sunglasses, etc.). But I guess none were quite as out in the open either (except perhaps sunglasses) šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø With the upper cup holder tray popped out things are less visible.

Where do you keep your coins? I was using the slot in front od the wireless ā€œchargerā€ (mainly a dirt/dog hair collector from what I have experienced), but that wasnā€™t ideal either, and even more visible.
Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I've looked into making something like this, but I haven't come up with a good way to stop it from sliding around a bit, and the sides were too high to securely hold the bottle in place without obstructing the extraction of the speaker. (not that I use it anyway)

Is the glasses case shown in the picture used as a prop? Are the bottles secure?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Where do you keep your coins? I was using the slot in front od the wireless ā€œchargerā€ (mainly a dirt/dog hair collector from what I have experienced), but that wasnā€™t ideal either, and even more visible.
I generally don't. I rarely use cash. I do carry some (emergencies, and to help others) but I try to avoid using it, myself. If I do end up with change, it goes in my pocket, and as soon as I get home it goes in a jar. I do not carry any coins in my vehicle long-term.

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla S, LX470, R1200GSA, 500EXC-F
Having no experience at all, my install was a breeze. Yeah, clean the screen, clean your hands thoroughly, keep the film and screen wet to aid sliding film around until ready. Also put a little water on the squeegee so it slips easily. Be on a screen where erroneous button pushes aren't an issue.
I have these in matte and LOVE them. No glare, no fingerprints and nice touch texture.

Have had several (mostly Tesla) people talk about how they loved how rivian did thatā€¦and then say they were goinghome to order a set after I told them it was aftermarket.

I ordered the extra (oops) set for $14 so have another set standing by.

juat take your time and be prepared to do it over and over again until itā€™s right. I would say 45 minutes for all three. Only previous wrap experience was a tank on a motorcycle. Patience is the only required ā€˜skillā€™.

highly recommended.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Is that a camp speaker by your front seat or are you just happy to see me? :angel:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 1660253857771

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I generally don't. I rarely use cash. I do carry some (emergencies, and to help others) but I try to avoid using it, myself. If I do end up with change, it goes in my pocket, and as soon as I get home it goes in a jar. I do not carry any coins in my vehicle long-term.
Yep, I collect those shiny round metal things in a bowl.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I killed three birds with one stone recently by purchasing this 3D print on etsy. A few of my chief irritations early on were where to store large water bottles in a way that doesn't flop around on every corner/bump, where to put coins, and how to make better use the massive front storage console area: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1248679346/rivian-r1-t-water-bottle-holder?click_key=e736a09de396a9a47d48b4b5927d6ac29e1f1ac6:1248679346&click_sum=6698ca67&ref=shop_home_recs_1

tempImageB0ujQv.jpg

tempImage044DeM.jpg

tempImage6p1Axi.jpg

tempImageL9kp9k.jpg
I would like to find something like that for the covered console. My big Yeti just fits in there. I don't want water bottle missiles flying in an accident.

Sardineface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2019 BMW M5 Competition, 2021 BMW X7M
Ok folks, I didn't see a thread on here that was discussing what aftermarket accessories or care products folks were planning to use/purchase when they take delivery of their R1T so I thought I would get things started with my list. I'm only listing non-RIVIAN branded products in my list below as folks have already started covering those in other threads.

This is only a partial list so add yours and lets inspire each other with new products or provide feedback on existing ones!

Accessories
  1. Floor Mats: Weathertech
    1. Normally, I would purchase weathertech mats, but I have ordered the RIVIAN ones and suspect they will be just as good.
  2. Custom Sun Shade: Weathertech
    1. I know some will tint their front windshields, but I'm not really interested in the cost. These custom sun shades are cut specifically for your car and can be used in the winter to attract heat and summer to repel heat (different material on each side).
  3. Frunk Cooler: Dometic Ice Cooler
    1. Since the frunk isn't vented, not sure it will be a good idea to have a powered fridge in the frunk.
  4. Tesla Charging Adapter: Tesla to J1772 Adapter
    1. I have one of these and have used it several times at hotels where there are tesla destination chargers. Pricey, but a must have for being prepared and having maximum charging options.
  5. Screen Protector for Main Display: ??
    1. Will be a must have to protect that big glass display but I have not been able to find anyone who has made one yet.
  6. Console Organizer: ??
    1. The lack of a glove box means you will need to use the console in the same vein but all appearances are that it is a cavernous hole. An organizer to maximize the utility of the space will be a must have.
  7. Heavy Duty Tire Jack: Torin Hydraulic Bottle Jack
    1. From what I have read/seen, the included jack doesn't inspire confidence so I will likely want to have an upgrade around just in case.
Care + Protection Products
  1. Paint Sealant + Polish kit by Klasse
    1. Been using this for 20 years and as I have mentioned many times before, I'm not a fan of ceramic coatings on paint due to the disproportionate cost vs. durability. Klasse offers protection up to 12 months, has an amazing deep shine, and requires no expensive paint prep. Detailers will apply it for the cost of a typical wax/detail.
  2. Xpel PPF/Window Tint
    1. I have been putting PPF on my cars since 2007 and as long as it is properly applied, is well worth the cost. I typically do the partial kit (bumper, fenders, partial hood, mirrors and headlights).
    2. Window tint is a necessity for keeping UV from destroying the interior and keeping the car cooler during the hot summer months.
  3. Leather Care: Gyeon Quartz Leather Kit
    1. I have used this on the last two vehicles and this is where I think ceramic coating has its benefits because you do not have to do expensive and labor intensive corrections to your vegan leather to apply this. So far, after 2 years I have been impressed with the ability to protect leather seats in our C-Max and prevent dye transfer.
  4. Car Wash Soap: Chemical Guys Ceramic Wash
    1. This stuff foams up like you wouldn't believe and unlike a $2,500 ceramic coating job, allows you to get some of the benefits of ceramic without breaking the bank. Can be used with paint sealant as well.
  5. Plastic+Trim: Cerakote Trim Protection
    1. Easy to apply and durable enough to survive a winter/salt season. Really does make trim look brand new again.
  6. Rain-X
    1. Really does improve visibility and snow/ice comes off the windshield much easier.
  7. Interior Cleaner/Protectant: Chemical Guys
    1. Been using this on my i3 dashboard which is natural wood and it works wonders. Since the R1T has a lot of wood trim, we will need something to keep it looking good.
Great list. I found some good stuff here including film for the screens and center console organizer.
https://twraps.com/collections/rivian

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I just saw this today. Itā€™s a canvas bed extender from LOADD. Iā€˜m not sure if itā€™ll work for a bed as short as the Rivianā€™s but itā€™s worth a look IMO.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Cool idea but looks like it might turn into a parachute talk about drag coefficient.

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 1661266687103

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I just saw this today. Itā€™s a canvas bed extender from LOADD. Iā€˜m not sure if itā€™ll work for a bed as short as the Rivianā€™s but itā€™s worth a look IMO.

Looks like it might work for kayaks. Hopefully it has a mechanism for releasing air and not parachuting.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

The youtube demo is on a 5.5' bed, but see no reason why it wouldn't work on an R1T

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Cool idea but looks like it might turn into a parachute talk about drag coefficient.

1661266687103.png
I was taking a closer look at the video. I don't think it's opening up like a parachute. It has a belt around it to prevent it from opening up. More likely, it's expanding a bit from the low pressure of the air rushing over it. The faster air moves, the lower it's air pressure.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I was taking a closer look at the video. I don't think it's opening up like a parachute. It has a belt around it to prevent it from opening up. More likely, it's expanding a bit from the low pressure of the air rushing over it. The faster air moves, the lower it's air pressure.
I would still think a net would work better and do the same function but then I cant get the 80's bed nets picture out of my head.

Anyone else remember these
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 1661360917688
Sponsored