Sponsored

Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
It looks like heat shield has custom shades already available for both the R1S and R1T. They are pretty expensive, but what I am most interested in is the shade for the roof.

If any one gets the roof shade, can y’all let us know how well it works and how it is attached to o the roof?
7366286F-3791-4F0A-8122-46F3C6A5B7A8.png

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-window-shades/2022-rivian-r1t-crew
Heatshield makes the best sun shades. I've bought them for my past 3 vehicles. I was curious about the roof one too, but did not want to be the guinea pig or risk the warranty.
Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Heatshield makes the best sun shades. I've bought them for my past 3 vehicles. I was curious about the roof one too, but did not want to be the guinea pig or risk the warranty.
I agree. I have a Heatshield shade for my Highlander and it works really well, which is something because it is HOT 🥵 here in Texas. By the time I get my R1S, which looks like it will be next year, I hope that someone on the forum will have purchased the roof sun shade and provided feedback.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I agree. I have a Heatshield shade for my Highlander and it works really well, which is something because it is HOT 🥵 here in Texas. By the time I get my R1S, which looks like it will be next year, I hope that someone on the forum will have purchased the roof sun shade and provided feedback.
I wrote RIVIAN customer service and told them that I desperately needed an R1T to review a Heatshield roof sunshade for the R1T but it's been crickets. :)

If I get my R1T, hopefully in the first half of next year, and nobody has purchased/reviewed the roof shade version, I will pony up!

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Had our first mile test drive today here in KC and the wife really wants running boards.
I'm 6'5 (6'6 in heels) and I was very surprised how high the truck is off the ground. The driver's seat was almost perfectly level with my butt for easy SASSquatch entry.

That usually doesn't translate well for the standard size people though so I hear your wife.

Sponsored

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Yeah she had to climb way up there, as she’s only 5’3”. I have not seen any running board options yet but hopefully they are out there by the time we get our S.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Yeah she had to climb way up there, as she’s only 5’3”. I have not seen any running board options yet but hopefully they are out there by the time we get our S.
I am 5'2 and have figured out best way to get in. Use sport mode at lowest setting, then drop seat to lowest height. It works for now but would like to have running boards!

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I am 5'2 and have figured out best way to get in. Use sport mode at lowest setting, then drop seat to lowest height. It works for now but would like to have running boards!
It would be great if RIVIAN had an "entry" mode that put the R1T(S) in the lowest seating/suspension position to help you get in and out of the vehicle. Don't recall if anyone has mentioned a feature like that yet.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
It would be great if RIVIAN had an "entry" mode that put the R1T(S) in the lowest seating/suspension position to help you get in and out of the vehicle. Don't recall if anyone has mentioned a feature like that yet.
Well you know. I think it is going as low as possible. I felt from tire to top of wheel well and maybe 2-3 inch clearance

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

For anyone interested.

With no floor console, needed something to keep things organized. Hoping Rivian, like Tesla did, offers some type of optional console for the floor space between the front seats some time soon.

This is far from the best solution, but is the best temporary solution I could find. Fits snugly in that space, not using the fold out cup holders it has. It at least, will allow me to keep things from flying around. I remember the early days of the Tesla and hated the open space. Was one of the first to order the console when they offered it. Will be in line to be one of the first for the Rivian as soon as they offer one. With the extreme lack of interior storage space within driver's reach, definitely need something.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDOZLT1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Will keep looking for something better while we wait hoping Rivian releases something specifically for the Rivian.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

For anyone interested.

With no floor console, needed something to keep things organized. Hoping Rivian, like Tesla did, offers some type of optional console for the floor space between the front seats some time soon.

This is far from the best solution, but is the best temporary solution I could find. Fits snugly in that space, not using the fold out cup holders it has. It at least, will allow me to keep things from flying around. I remember the early days of the Tesla and hated the open space. Was one of the first to order the console when they offered it. Will be in line to be one of the first for the Rivian as soon as they offer one. With the extreme lack of interior storage space within driver's reach, definitely need something.

Will keep looking for something better while we wait hoping Rivian releases something specifically for the Rivian.
On first blush, this looks like a solid option and +1 for built in cup holders. I'm thinking anything I would want for that space will need additional cup holders because that is not the R1T's strong suit. But as far as cup holders go for my preferences, I need I need! You can't have too many cup holders.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

For anyone interested.

I agree, and I would like to see better use of that space. I think the problem is that if you have the camp speaker option and are ever planning on using it, then it presents a problem, at least as far as a solution that is not easily removable.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I agree, and I would like to see better use of that space. I think the problem is that if you have the camp speaker option and are ever planning on using it, then it presents a problem, at least as far as a solution that is not easily removable.
Yes, they'll have to make the slide open door large enough to reach in and pull the speaker out and through. Looking at Tesla's console design, should be pretty easy to do. Console will just have to connect on the sides toward the rear end of vehicle. The original Tesla console was basically two sides and a top. It utilized the same floor space and existing front wall space and dropped in with a couple of screws to secure it.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I had that on one of my 'wish lists' I've sent to my guide as my wife is only 4'11". We would like to see running boards also...
Sponsored