Sponsored

Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I took a chance and ordered a set of wheels and tires. Also ordered custom made hub rings since most after-market wheels have larger bore sizes. Will update once I get a chance to see if they fit.
Any update on this? I have the 22 road wheels which I love in the summer but would like the chunkier 20's for winter and offroading.
Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Any update on this? I have the 22 road wheels which I love in the summer but would like the chunkier 20's for winter and offroading.
Here's a separate thread with what I came up with.

www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/updated-new-custom-wheels-tires-20x9-18mm-offset-with-275-60-20-pirellis-33-no-rubbing.6685/

Yes, got everything to work and fit with an 18mm offset wheel. Chose to go with a 33" tire (same exact tread pattern and tire style from Pirelli as the stock 34" tires from Rivian), but allows for the more aggressive stance.

Did have custom hub rings made. Rivian has a bore size of 64.1, so just need to have them make up the inner size at 64.1 and the outer size to match the bore size of whichever wheel you go with. As of Friday, got the TPMS working as well.

I also just posted that I'm offer the set of wheels, tires, TPMS and hub rings available for sale if anyone is interested in that particular set (shown in the thread linked above). Good for a winter set.

Hope that helps.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I just saw this today. Itā€™s a canvas bed extender from LOADD. Iā€˜m not sure if itā€™ll work for a bed as short as the Rivianā€™s but itā€™s worth a look IMO.

I ended up implementing something similar using a small cargo net from Amazon that has four adjustable straps for tying down. Would not work for smaller lumber cross sections (like 2x4 etc). That said, Iā€™ve also used it with a tarp as a bed extender to transport large amounts of yard waste with our R1T.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08B3KTKYJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Any recommendations for a coiled (or just short) compressor hose with a smaller footprint? I'm looking for something more accessible for bike tires that doesn't need to be very long so I can leave that bulky stock hose for truck tires.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I used front and side on my truck this weekend visiting Boise in the mid to high 90s.
When you say "front and side" do you mean all four side windows, or just for the two front seats?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
When you say "front and side" do you mean all four side windows, or just for the two front seats?
Front window, and front side windows. Nothing on rear.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Any recommendations for a coiled (or just short) compressor hose with a smaller footprint? I'm looking for something more accessible for bike tires that doesn't need to be very long so I can leave that bulky stock hose for truck tires.
I bought one of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-x-25-ft-professional-polyurethane-coil-hose-57644.html

And built a better air accessory kit than what Rivian provided. I store it all in one of these, which fits easily under the rear seat: https://www.rei.com/product/155774/patagonia-black-hole-cube-6l-medium

Sponsored

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone tried/thought about a universal/cut to fit bed rug mat and and maybe some 3m/velcro attachments to keep it in place? Probably it could also be cut to allow the spare tire compartment to open (or just remove it with the velcro), and maybe at least the sliding extension from the goose neck if not the outer piece of the tailgate.

It's made to attach to a drop in liner with some thru attachments, but guess I'm mostly curious if a little dual lock/velcro will keep it pretty secure. Generally speaking the tonneau will be closed unless it has to be open, which would mean something is on top of it, so probably it will be fine.

Unless my tonneau gets stuck open.

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Anyone tried/thought about a universal/cut to fit bed rug mat and and maybe some 3m/velcro attachments to keep it in place? Probably it could also be cut to allow the spare tire compartment to open (or just remove it with the velcro), and maybe at least the sliding extension from the goose neck if not the outer piece of the tailgate.

It's made to attach to a drop in liner with some thru attachments, but guess I'm mostly curious if a little dual lock/velcro will keep it pretty secure. Generally speaking the tonneau will be closed unless it has to be open, which would mean something is on top of it, so probably it will be fine.

Unless my tonneau gets stuck open.
Yep, I cut a BedRug to fit. I cut it precise (using a template like one would use when putting in a vinyl floor) and it lays down well. I havenā€™t needed to secure it at all. Iā€™ve driven with my bed open (with a just few things in the back) and it didnā€™t move around at all. I had planned to secure it with Velcro but after having it in place for a few months Iā€™m totally good with leaving it as is.

JMAG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad Limestone/OC; R1S LE/Launch Green/OC
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

I'm 6'5 (6'6 in heels) and I was very surprised how high the truck is off the ground. The driver's seat was almost perfectly level with my butt for easy SASSquatch entry.

That usually doesn't translate well for the standard size people though so I hear your wife.
Ch
I wrote RIVIAN customer service and told them that I desperately needed an R1T to review a Heatshield roof sunshade for the R1T but it's been crickets. :)

If I get my R1T, hopefully in the first half of next year, and nobody has purchased/reviewed the roof shade version, I will pony up!
Take a look at EVLander over on Youtube, he recommends the Heatshield for the sunroof:
Sponsored