Sponsored

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
John Rhodes: "From left to right: White, El Cap Granite, Limestone, Midnight Black, Compass Yellow, LA Silver, Launch Green, Forest Green, Canyon Red, Rivian Blue Lots of reflection on some of them, sorry and this is an iPhone photo under some industrial lights so the colors are not perfect."
SmartSelect_20210807-022511_Facebook.jpg
So it looks like the limestone color swatch is to the left of the launch green? Tough to see the contrast between white at the end with this photo. Limestone with the forest green might look good together. Launch & forest green together look to be too much sage but Iā€™ll defer to Duc since heā€™s seen it. Good stuff. Getting fun again.
Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
What an amazing experience! If you were able to sit in both an explore and adventure trim, did you notice big differences?

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

This is a very bizarre way of getting such a little amount of information out to the public. Week by week its a pic, or a short video clip. We have to wait for one of the few event goers to give us details like range?

I'm sure all this will be a distant memory in a few months when deliveries start, but lets be honest with ourselves, we're being strung along
Exactly this.

A guerilla marketing campaign on a company looking to IPO at a valuation of 70b just seems bizarre. But I suppose when you don't have your own comms team the next best option is to farm it out to your ten biggest fans?

The first reveal of LG going to these randomly chosen superfans makes a perverse kind of sense as another perk of being superfans. However, there was clearly an information embargo for those who went. Why not reveal LG to everyone else in one of the "regularly scheduled" updates before the embargo expired? And no I don't mean with a poorly lit insta story.

I wonder when the next ten are chosen if they will get to reveal EPA range?!

Edit: Yes I'm 100% jealous. But I can also be confused by strategic moves at the same time.

Last edited:

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

John Rhodes: "From left to right: White, El Cap Granite, Limestone, Midnight Black, Compass Yellow, LA Silver, Launch Green, Forest Green, Canyon Red, Rivian Blue Lots of reflection on some of them, sorry and this is an iPhone photo under some industrial lights so the colors are not perfect."
SmartSelect_20210807-022511_Facebook.jpg
Andā€¦Iā€™m back to Limestone.

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

This is a very bizarre way of getting such a little amount of information out to the public. Week by week its a pic, or a short video clip. We have to wait for one of the few event goers to give us details like range?

I'm sure all this will be a distant memory in a few months when deliveries start, but lets be honest with ourselves, we're being strung along
I think the technical term for this communications approach is neverending foreplay.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So it looks like the limestone color swatch is to the left of the launch green? Tough to see the contrast between white at the end with this photo. Limestone with the forest green might look good together. Launch & forest green together look to be too much sage but Iā€™ll defer to Duc since heā€™s seen it. Good stuff. Getting fun again.
No, LA Silver is immediately to the left of Launch Green. Limestone is third from the far left.

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
This is not Doug Demuro, Rich Rebuilds, Out of Spec motoring.

I don't care what a select group of fanboys think about being introduced to the vehicle. We're only being shown what they want us to see. And not what we want to see

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
20210729_125855.jpg

Kyle,

To answer your question, I'm the one on left. I think you know the other guy by now. And this, folks, is what Launch Green looks like. If you look carefully, you'll also see the Rivian Grin stuck on my face, just as it was on all of the small, but very fortunate group in attendance. My face is hurting now as that grin is still there.

To a person, we all felt extremely fortunate to have been selected. To say it was life-altering to be a part of it is not an exaggeration for me, and I'm not even talking yet about the R1Ts we were allowed to sprint, drift, climb, rock-crawl, and fly through fields of tall grass in.

I'll be adding more later today, as I'm still trying to get down from Cloud Nine after last week. I'll just let you know these vehicles are just as awesome as the team that is currently building them.

I think many of you know I'm pretty upbeat and optimistic. I went into this event with unrealistically high expectations, and somehow, RJ and the entire Rivian family managed to blow my expectations out of the water.

How's that for a teaser....Oh yeah, along with 130 MPH....

More to follow.....
Hi Duck, congrats on getting the early Rivian experience! That is awesome.

I have so many questions and as a 2018 reservation holder, still very few answers from Rivian. In looking at the videos others have shared of the factory tour, I'm thinking Rivian is 5+ years into refurbishing this plant and it still looks like a work in progress. On your tour, does the factory look like they are actually running the line and building R1T's, or are they still one-off, hand-building them? Just curious as we are getting very close to September deliveries per RJ. Also, wondering if you were given any technical briefings, or was it all more high level? Pictures thus far look like a homebuilder who shows you all your color choices and carpet selection, which is fine for some people. I want to know how it's actually built. The rear door misalignment does not instill confidence. Before I hand over $93K I want a much deeper look at the motor build, batteries (heat management), body in white, kinetic suspension, etc not some color swatches, and a ride up a dirt hill.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

dixosw,

Now that 12 hours has passed since your comment, I hope you're seeing a better flow of info. I can assure you the entire group was passionate about the event and you'll see more info and pics roll out over the next few days.

Thanks.
Thanks DuckTruck. I hope my original post didn't come across the wrong way, I was just surprised at the radio silence directly after the event. I'm happy they chose a Forum member that is so knowledgable and enthusiastic about the product. Look forward to more details.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Companies always allow random people into their facility, take pictures, and post them to the web for a highly secretive product that isn't live yet. Especially content no one in the public has seen yet.
Exactly this.

A guerilla marketing campaign on a company looking to IPO at a valuation of 70b just seems bizarre. But I suppose when you don't have your own comms team the next best option is to farm it out to your ten biggest fans?

The first reveal of LG going to these randomly chosen superfans makes a perverse kind of sense as another perk of being superfans. However, there was clearly an information embargo for those who went. Why not reveal LG to everyone else in one of the "regularly scheduled" updates before the embargo expired? And no I don't mean with a poorly lit insta story.

I wonder when the next ten are chosen if they will get to reveal EPA range?!

Edit: Yes I'm 100% jealous. But I can also be confused by strategic moves at the same time.
I think the technical term for this communications approach is neverending foreplay.

I don't care what a select group of fanboys think about being introduced to the vehicle. We're only being shown what they want us to see. And not what we want to see
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628344585791

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Glad you had fun, but your writing smells of paid marketing person for Rivian. The choice of adjectives, etc. I am probably wrong, but smells very paid marketing writing.
ShadowBan,

The first statement in your third sentence is correct. The second half of it is subjective, but that's just my style, and it reflects accurately how I feel. It would likely drive you nuts to hear me speak, because my written and spoken styles are pretty similar, but they're honest.

No compensation, just exuberance based on a great experience.

By the way, I've always prided myself on greeting new participants in this forum should I catch their first post. I missed yours this past Monday, but welcome aboard! This is the only Company that has inspired me to crawl out from under my rock in 64 years and share my feelings, observations, and quirky sense of humor online.

I hope it grows on you and that you enjoy your time here.

Have a great weekend!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

I donā€™t care what your pet youtubists think, Iā€™d rather see people who are buying the thing enjoying the thing.

As someone who is patiently waiting having their pre-order converted to an order, it is reassuring seeing customers being given first access.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I donā€™t care what your pet youtubists think, Iā€™d rather see people who are buying the thing enjoying the thing.

As someone who is patiently waiting having their pre-order converted to an order, it is reassuring seeing customers being given first access.
I'd be thrilled to see what Kyle were to say about the car and the details, but I've also really enjoyed seeing pre-order holders have such an awesome experience.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

What an amazing experience! If you were able to sit in both an explore and adventure trim, did you notice big differences?
I don't recall any Explore editions judging solely by the seats. I think I saw only Launch/Adventure versions.
Sponsored