First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Tank turns, or is that something we don't talk about?
One if the people in attendance said they didn't have it enabled for them, but confirmed it will be there.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not like that
Feel like you'd be saying the same thing if Bill G or Jeff B had been in attendance too. Or me. Literally not sure what we are all supposed to "look like". Pretty sure even this group is pretty diverse.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

love the launch green...just switched back to it from LA Silver...little bit of work to do on door alignment...that rear door is off
1628282719996.png
yikes, that is pretty noticeable. not just misaligned but the gaps are not consistent up and down the door on both the left and right side.

like others have said, the LG is a lot lighter shade of green than I was expecting. It does seem to look similar to Limestone.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Kanundrum,

Thank you for that, But what I feel like is a Very Fortunate Person. When I got word of being a part of this, I told the team member that "you just brought tears to 64-year old man's eyes" and the actual event was really that special.

Back to the colors, ten pictures of one color with the same camera would all look different, based solely on the angle at which the sample was tilted. I'm really looking forward to everyone else's feedback after you see, touch, smell, and drive these things. You likely won't hear much as they are stealthy quiet, even at 130 MPH. Should your sense of taste get involved, well, you can leave that out of your comments, unless they cook up one of their delicious meals on the Camp Kitchen like they did both days.

Regarding the Camp Kitchen, the Slide Rail, and the Peak Cookware set, I originally thought it was priced very much on the high side. After bundling them and seeing and tasting the KC's capabilities, I realized the many meals I'll forego in restaurants will equal savings. Accordingly, the more I use it, the more I'll save. Now I just need a beer to wash down my nicely-prepared rationalizations.

Amen to all of what you said!
How about range?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Feel like you'd be saying the same thing if Bill G or Jeff B had been in attendance too. Or me. Literally not sure what we are all supposed to "look like". Pretty sure even this group is pretty diverse.
yeah, youre right. dont take everything written in these posts so seriously guys.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
yeah, youre right. dont take everything written in these posts so seriously guys.
If you were joking I couldn't tell tbh. Tone doesn't travel well. Hence my overuse of emoji on here. ??????✌???????

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I can't help but wonder if our community's energy would be more positive if Rivian had been a bit more forthcoming and responsive over the past few months. Just imagine an alternate reality where they have someone like Duck working the message board and answering our questions with something other than SOON.

Who am I kidding? If I'm really being honest we would probably have driven them to quit long ago with all our negativity...

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

20210729_125855.jpg

Kyle,

To answer your question, I'm the one on left. I think you know the other guy by now. And this, folks, is what Launch Green looks like. If you look carefully, you'll also see the Rivian Grin stuck on my face, just as it was on all of the small, but very fortunate group in attendance. My face is hurting now as that grin us still there.

To a person, we all felt extremely fortunate to have been selected. To say it was life-altering to be a part of it is not an exaggeration for me, and I'm not even talking yet about the R1Ts we were allowed to sprint, drift, climb, rock-crawl, and fly through fields of tall grass in.

I'll be adding more later today, as I'm still trying to get down from Cloud Nine after last week. I'll just let you know these vehicles are just as awesome as the team that is currently building them.

I think many of you know I'm pretty upbeat and optimistic. I went into this event with unrealistically high expectations, and somehow, RJ and the entire Rivian family managed to blow my expectations out of the water.

How's that for a teaser....Oh yeah, along with 130 MPH....

More to follow.....
Wow, you really drank the kool-aid huh? Glad to hear it was such an amazing experience.

The general vision and mission of Rivian is what first attracted me to the company. Then learning more about the vehicles hooked me. If I'm honest though, the last 3 months has been frustrating not because of the delays but because of the lack material of communication. I suppose the fact that folks were invited onsite is a hopeful indicator that deliveries in Sept could be on track.

Hope to hear more from others who were invited as well.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Not
Wow, you really drank the kool-aid huh?
It isn't kool-aid. I know for a fact that you aren't going to hear a different answer from any of the 10 invitees and their plus-ones, twos, threes, and fours.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It isn't kool-aid. I know for a fact that you aren't going to hear a different answer from any of the 10 invitees and their plus-ones, twos, threes, and fours.
I mean, that kid put a reservation in for at least... 5 years from now. Pure joy.

Which was the cutest clip ever. Reminds me of wanting a mini when they were first released again.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Glad you had fun, but your writing smells of paid marketing person for Rivian. The choice of adjectives, etc. I am probably wrong, but smells very paid marketing writing.
Your writing smells of jealousy, bitterness, and a hint of regret...Can a grown-ass-man not be excited that RIvian chose him along w/ 9 others to partake in a once-in-a-lifetime event?

IF I was invited to that thing...I would come back on here using words like, "Adventurous Forever and Soon".
Sponsored