First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Sure seems like this John Rhodes fellow has the inside track to Rivian. I see on the facebook group that he has already gotten several things from the company including a water bottle for being part of a focus group and the blanket that is the same as the wrap that they had the video of the kids coloring and now gets more stuff for this event. I hope he is a good representative for us reservation holders. Can't say that I am not jealous but I am definitely happy to see progress.
SO John started the Rivian Automotive Fans page on FB w/ over 10K members. He is also a day one reservation holder on both the T and S. I could go on and on, but I don't want to sound like I am bragging about the guy. Ha. Stay tuned...
Sponsored

Last edited:

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
SO John started the Rivian Automotive Fans page on FB w/ over 10K members. He is also a day one reservation holder on both the T and S. I could go on and on, but I don't want to sound like I am bragging about the guy. Ha. Stay tuned...
When do you guys expect to post the interview?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

What do pre-order holders "look like"?
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 20210729_125855

Kyle,

To answer your question, I'm the one on left. I think you know the other guy by now. And this, folks, is what Launch Green looks like. If you look carefully, you'll also see the Rivian Grin stuck on my face, just as it was on all of the small, but very fortunate group in attendance. My face is hurting now as that grin is still there.

To a person, we all felt extremely fortunate to have been selected. To say it was life-altering to be a part of it is not an exaggeration for me, and I'm not even talking yet about the R1Ts we were allowed to sprint, drift, climb, rock-crawl, and fly through fields of tall grass in.

I'll be adding more later today, as I'm still trying to get down from Cloud Nine after last week. I'll just let you know these vehicles are just as awesome as the team that is currently building them.

I think many of you know I'm pretty upbeat and optimistic. I went into this event with unrealistically high expectations, and somehow, RJ and the entire Rivian family managed to blow my expectations out of the water.

How's that for a teaser....Oh yeah, along with 130 MPH....

More to follow.....

Last edited:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That looks more like what I would expect Limestone to look like than Launch Green.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Sure seems like this John Rhodes fellow has the inside track to Rivian. I see on the facebook group that he has already gotten several things from the company including a water bottle for being part of a focus group and the blanket that is the same as the wrap that they had the video of the kids coloring and now gets more stuff for this event. I hope he is a good representative for us reservation holders. Can't say that I am not jealous but I am definitely happy to see progress.
He also said he took a pic of launch green and hell post it
Nvm I just saw the pic above :)

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Kyle,

To answer your question, I'm the one on left. I think you know the other guy by now. And this, folks, is what Launch Green looks like. If you look carefully, you'll also see the Rivian Grin stuck on my face, just as it was on all of the small, but very fortunate group in attendance. My face is hurting now as that grin us still there.

To a person, we all felt extremely fortunate to have been selected. To say it was life-altering to be a part of it is not an exaggeration for me, and I'm not even talking yet about the R1Ts we were allowed to sprint, drift, climb, rock-crawl, and fly through fields of tall grass in.
Congrats @DuckTruck! A nicer guy could not have been picked. I'm very glad you were one selected to attend.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Launch Green...I kind of love it
Damn...gotta switch it back from Rivian Blue now. LG w/ Forest Edge interior?

edit...LG w/ Forest interior now.

Last edited:

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
That looks more like what I would expect Limestone to look like than Launch Green.
Yea, This is close to what I was hoping Limestone would be like. I still hope its more green than gray.

But now I'm more jealous than ever that I missed out on the LE, because that color is awesome!

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
After months of people complaining about not seeing LG, we get a real picture of it and people on this forum complain.

Sigh. At least nitpick over something of merit like the panel gaps.

Sponsored

boneil1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
After months of people complaining about not seeing LG, we get a real picture of it and people on this forum complain.

I hope it's just the camera angle or an optical illusion on those uneven gaps and misalignments.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Soon?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

What? I only see positives responses on the LG now. I switched back to LG based on this picture. I love that color.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
20210729_125855.jpg

Kyle,

To answer your question, I'm the one on left. I think you know the other guy by now. And this, folks, is what Launch Green looks like. If you look carefully, you'll also see the Rivian Grin stuck on my face, just as it was on all of the small, but very fortunate group in attendance. My face is hurting now as that grin us still there.

I'll be adding more later today, as I'm still trying to get down from Cloud Nine after last week. I'll just let you know these vehicles are just as awesome as the team that is currently building them.

I think many of you know I'm pretty upbeat and optimistic. I went into this event with unrealistically high expectations, and somehow, RJ and the entire Rivian family managed to blow my expectations out of the water.

How's that for a teaser....Oh yeah, along with 130 MPH....

More to follow.....
Congrats! I’m really happy that you got to experience that! Looking forward to see what you have to say, and thanks for sharing! We appreciate it. Also, Launch Green looks amazing!!!

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
love the launch green...just switched back to it from LA Silver...little bit of work to do on door alignment...that rear door is off
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628282719996
Sponsored