Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Well nobody in those videos was sad / pissed off at the company so clearly they are not recruiting people from this community to participate. Maybe next time we'll get picked so we can bitch the entire time directly to RJ about how lame everything is.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Did a write up on some things I noted in main post.

From twitter as well:

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) 1628218471132

Last edited:

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Well nobody in those videos was sad / pissed off at the company so clearly they are not recruiting people from this community to participate. Maybe next time we'll get picked so we can bitch the entire time directly to RJ about how lame everything is.
I completely agree. They are not recruiting people from this forum who might ask tough questions.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What's the graphic on the right that looks like a children's show?

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) Screenshot_20210805-202653

Edit: I take it back. It looks more like South Park.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
What's the graphic on the right that looks like a children's show?

Screenshot_20210805-202653.jpg

Edit: I take it back. It looks more like South Park.
It’s either a Sponge Bob house or Alex Caruso’s head from the Lakers.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Did a write up on some things I noted in main post.

From twitter as well:

1628218471132.png
Nice to see drift mode. Excited to hear about more modes. It would be nice if we can set how much drift we want.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Call me skeptical. So we are to believe, these are real people that back in 2018 watched or went to the LA Auto show and discovered Rivian, put $1,000 to reserve this new electric truck. And yet, several, look like they have little idea of how to drive a car. "So, when I punch it, do I just floor it"? 18 working days left in August till the September deliveries begin!
Seriously, these look like random people they picked up waiting in front of a Safeway to film a commercial. These are pre-order holders?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Another lame ass video. At least let the media get their hands a few to demo so we can get an honest critique.
I am beginning to think that will not happen unless they happen to be pre-order holders. I know some of them are so hope they will get theirs early.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
May be the service center and test track next to the plant??
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) SmartSelect_20210805-230300_Samsung Internet

Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) SmartSelect_20210805-230413_Samsung Internet
Rivian R1T R1S Official Video: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (Featuring Preorder Holders) SmartSelect_20210805-230438_Samsung Internet

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Regardless... Something's better then nothing, but I guess something's just not enough after the delay?

C'est la vie, but we know now what we already knew then and that's Rivian is making progress. The video is just a little perk I guess.

I do agree with what others were thinking, and did get the feeling that the people behind the wheel were not as passionate about Rivian as the people on this forum. I too kinda questioned if they were "selected" (location, family of employees, etc???) rather then early preoorder holders, but a little part of that skepticism I'm sure comes from the fact that I'm not the one behind the wheel and featured in that video.

The saying goes they hate us cuz they ain't us ?

Those people are very fortunate, and I'm just going to wait a little bit longer to be in their shoes. But the truck looked pretty sweet, no doubt about it!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Yes, the average customer is a Starbucks employee. Its like house hunters. I am a lizard farmer and my wife sells pet rocks...our budget is 1.2 million.
I have not idea what youre talking about. You trollin bro?
Sponsored