First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne GTS VW Armarok
Occupation
Owner Fishing Lodge Costa Rica
Another lame ass video. At least let the media get their hands a few to demo so we can get an honest critique.
Sponsored

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Also a lot of interesting tidbits to see when you freeze frame on the shots of the UI. I like the drive mode screen graphics!
That's about all I got out of this video. From what I could see the graphics looked great, kinda like the F150 animations when you switch drive modes. Driver screen looks nice and bright which is nice

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Another bare minimum communication. Unfortunately, we got the exact same information last week. Is next week going to be a longform essay about the event with poorly lit photos? This just reads to me like they have nothing new to share.

I would have loved a 2 minute video of them walking a preorder holder through the UI. Or showing them how to use the app to do something. How hard is that?

While I am excited that they finally let non-employees in the truck, this video was a waste of my time to watch.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Unfortunately, just 1 minute long video on YouTube too ?

Still though, pretty big milestone when you think about it. This is the first time they've invited real reservation holders to sit in and drive the cars.

Also a lot of interesting tidbits to see when you freeze frame on the shots of the UI. I like the drive mode screen graphics!
Real reservations holders that are friends and family of employees perhaps?

Sponsored

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
I can understand the disappointment and wanting more, I want more info too. But my big take away is that real reservation holders have actually driven the truck. That is progress. I know the running gag is "soon" but this "soon" feels a lot meatier then any of the other deadlines they've missed. The missed deadlines didn't have reservation holders driving the truck or service/delivery centers being built. This is feeling a lot more "real" than any of the other deadlines at this point. And for that I am happy!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Call me skeptical. So we are to believe, these are real people that back in 2018 watched or went to the LA Auto show and discovered Rivian, put $1,000 to reserve this new electric truck. And yet, several, look like they have little idea of how to drive a car. "So, when I punch it, do I just floor it"? 18 working days left in August till the September deliveries begin!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Call me skeptical. So we are to believe, these are real people that back in 2018 watched or went to the LA Auto show and discovered Rivian, put $1,000 to reserve this new electric truck. And yet, several, look like they have little idea of how to drive a car. "So, when I punch it, do I just floor it"? 18 working days left in August till the September deliveries begin!
I'm sure if I was invited and went with my wife, she'd be asking something similar ?

Sponsored

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Ugh…more of the same. Hard to not feel like we’ll be getting the same until late September with another delay announcement or a trickle of VIP deliveries. As most here, just using this an an outlet because I am a glass half full type, but really disappointing. If only there were another seven seater BEV option to the MX….oh well

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
And yet, several, look like they have little idea of how to drive a car. "So, when I punch it, do I just floor it"?
"Punch it" is car enthusiast slang. It's not suprising at all that some "Joe Average" drivers don't know exactly what to do. "Floor it" is much more common.

I'll bet there's a bunch of people here who would not know what to do if they were told to "feather it" while driving a car.

Last edited:

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
First, that dark blue truck looks amazing. Second, I think the looks of pure joy on their faces says plenty about the driving experience.
Sponsored