Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Wow. That’s really good. In conserve?
Yes, in conserve mostly using driver+.

That was the best stretch, I did just over 5k miles in 2 weeks temperatures from low 20’s to upper 50’s, the overall average was just over 2.2 miles per KW.

Was using all purpose around town and on/off freeways, conserve in low (not lowest) on the freeways. Used driver+ on freeways usually set at 1 or 2 miles over speed limit.
Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Yes, in conserve mostly using driver+.

That was the best stretch, I did just over 5k miles in 2 weeks temperatures from low 20’s to upper 50’s, the overall average was just over 2.2 miles per KW.

Was using all purpose around town and on/off freeways, conserve in low (not lowest) on the freeways. Used driver+ on freeways usually set at 1 or 2 miles over speed limit.
Generally what speed did you travel at on freeways? And did you have any charging issues or range anxiety at any time?

I'm asking because I'm planning a L.A. to Austin trip in April and I'd like to gather as much information prior as possible. Thanks

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Dang it, I always forget how to get to this screen. I know it's under the charging tab, but what do you click on? Shit I'm getting old.
Not in truck, so might not be perfect. Energy. Range Based on: Big white-ish colored box in the upper right hand side. Underneath some blue text that has a lowercase I in a circle

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Generally what speed did you travel at on freeways? And did you have any charging issues or range anxiety at any time?

I'm asking because I'm planning a L.A. to Austin trip in April and I'd like to gather as much information prior as possible. Thanks
No issues if you are taking I-10, plenty of well placed chargers. I was pretty much staying speed limits, they ranged from 60 to 80, pretty much stayed around 78 in the 80 zones but right at or 1 or 2 miles over on the others.

I was using ABRP to route the trip and used the Rivian navigation to put in the next charger locations and it would precondition the battery. I had only picked up the car when I started the trip so would go over what I needed at each charge usually charging between 75 and 85%, a little more if it was a longer stretch.

The range estimator in the Rivian navigation when using it was very close to what it was saying it would be so that was a good confidence builder.

My trip was Normal, IL to Boston, Ma. Then down to the Florida Panhandle before heading back to Orange County, CA. Used Electrify America for all but 1 of the DCFC charges in 23 states. Only issue I had was Pensacola where there were people working on the chargers but they opened one up and set me up with a free charge so not really an issue.

Based on this experience I would not hesitate to take another long road trip in my R1S. I would suggest running your routes through ABRP and check it out. It worked very well for me.

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
No issues if you are taking I-10, plenty of well placed chargers. I was pretty much staying speed limits, they ranged from 60 to 80, pretty much stayed around 78 in the 80 zones but right at or 1 or 2 miles over on the others.

I was using ABRP to route the trip and used the Rivian navigation to put in the next charger locations and it would precondition the battery. I had only picked up the car when I started the trip so would go over what I needed at each charge usually charging between 75 and 85%, a little more if it was a longer stretch.

The range estimator in the Rivian navigation when using it was very close to what it was saying it would be so that was a good confidence builder.

My trip was Normal, IL to Boston, Ma. Then down to the Florida Panhandle before heading back to Orange County, CA. Used Electrify America for all but 1 of the DCFC charges in 23 states. Only issue I had was Pensacola where there were people working on the chargers but they opened one up and set me up with a free charge so not really an issue.

Based on this experience I would not hesitate to take another long road trip in my R1S. I would suggest running your routes through ABRP and check it out. It worked very well for me.
That’s really helpful, thanks! I do plan to stay on 10 mostly so that works well. I’m glad you were running decent speeds too, I was concerned with needing to got 65-70 and that would just drive me nuts. But 80 works fine.

Yep, I will use ABRP too, thanks.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I think I’m the last one to get this update. Still waiting…
Right there with you...

TBH, I think there may be an issue. I have had the truck for almost a year now and have gotten every update within a day of public release. I recently had the AXM replaced, and that process requires the truck to be progressively and incrementally updated. Perhaps this requires a manual patching process, and the vehicle was taken to a different update ring (i.e. no updates pushed to prevent botching the manual updates) and has yet to be put back in the normal update flow.

You just had some maintenance done recently at the Bellevue SC as well, correct?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Right there with you...

TBH, I think there may be an issue. I have had the truck for almost a year now and have gotten every update within a day of public release. I recently had the AXM replaced, and that process requires the truck to be progressively and incrementally updated. Perhaps this requires a manual patching process, and the vehicle was taken to a different update ring (i.e. no updates pushed to prevent botching the manual updates) and has yet to be put back in the normal update flow.

You just had some maintenance done recently at the Bellevue SC as well, correct?
I had the axm replaced as well. They pushed software to the truck while it was in the service. Got the newest update over the weekend.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Right there with you...

I think they have just slowed the roll out on this one. It was already at a .3 when it started the general release. The latest I saw previously was a .2. I first got the install on 2/9, it failed, they had me reboot the vehicle and re-pushed it but is still failing and based on percent seems like in same spot. Engineering is supposed to be looking at it but they are not updating my ticket which in my experience usually means the issue is not specific to me (Unless they have not got to me yet).

Sponsored

PurpleTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Right there with you...

What’s AXM? And why it needs incremental update?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I think I’m the last one to get this update. Still waiting…
I’m still waiting also. I haven’t had any service either. At first I was eager for the update, but the longer it goes, I guess I’m fine waiting. I just hope I don’t miss a Preisdents Day Holiday theme, where instead of chirping when it locks, it’s Abraham Lincoln saying “Four score and seven years ago..”

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Vampire drain is still bad. 9 miles and 3% over 20 hrs... Ugh

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Also still waiting. It’s my first OTA update, so no reference for normal.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Right there with you...

I had maintenance at Bellevue Nov/Dev to replace a drive unit. But afterwards got the .47 update pretty quickly in December after rollout.

So this seems different. Perhaps they are throttling rollout due to higher incident of CS calls for assistance.
Sponsored