Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
We might want to start asking that any thread based on a new software update points to a sticky thread that answers “When do I get it? Can I force it?”

There’s only going to be more people asking.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

We might want to start asking that any thread based on a new software update points to a sticky thread that answers “When do I get it? Can I force it?”

As if asking people to read before posting has ever stopped them.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales

Or here is an idea....maybe Rivian communicate how things work as part of their communications. Bwaahahaa!

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I was notified of the update yesterday, yet didn’t update because I had to get on the road. Later I looked and the update notification was gone from my phone and truck. Still not showing today. Hmm 🤔

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was notified of the update yesterday, yet didn’t update because I had to get on the road. Later I looked and the update notification was gone from my phone and truck. Still not showing today. Hmm 🤔
Probably found more bugs.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Lots of great improvements so that’s a plus! But, still no preconditioning/cabin climate schedule? Man, I was really hoping for that to be on this update. Overall it’s still a good update though!
My #1 request (other than CP/AA but that horse left the stable a long time ago), would be dashcam...

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Did anyone get an update to their Key Fob? Curious about how that was sent and if any noticeable improvement...

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Probably found more bugs.
Once it’s public I wouldn’t think they would pull it. Maybe if it’s something egregious. Some customers would be impacted after installing, and with no downgrade option, the only fix is to roll out a patch.

Anyone still getting upgrade notifications?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Did you look under settings>>vehicle>>updates (or something like that) in the truck? It disappears from the main screen pretty quickly for me.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Did you look under settings>>vehicle>>updates (or something like that) in the truck? It disappears from the main screen pretty quickly for me.
Yes, it doesn't show the update.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Or here is an idea....maybe Rivian communicate how things work as part of their communications. Bwaahahaa!
It’s continuing to amaze me how bad they are at understanding their customers very obvious reactions to things. They def need a more intuitive comms team creating strategy for them, because yikes.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
The delayed battery cooling while DCFC is a strange one to take so long to fix. You would think that all the early owners, Rivian employees, would notice while fast charging that amps were dropping but the AC not ramping.

Anyways, good there is an apparently substantial improvement here.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Once it’s public I wouldn’t think they would pull it. Maybe if it’s something egregious. Some customers would be impacted after installing, and with no downgrade option, the only fix is to roll out a patch.

Anyone still getting upgrade notifications?
They have pulled updates in the past after they hit main stream. I dont recall the OTA #, but there was last year that I never got; I was only prompted for the patched version.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Someone on Reddit is reporting that they pulled the update because people were getting locked out of their vehicles after they pushed the initial wave of updates. Something related to the keyfob update. No ETA when they'll start releasing again.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Someone on Reddit is reporting that they pulled the update because people were getting locked out of their vehicles after they pushed the initial wave of updates. Something related to the keyfob update. No ETA when they'll start releasing again.
The update even says to make sure you have another key. This is why we can't have nice things.
Sponsored