Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Is this invite only on Sunday? I am going to be in the area anyway and was thinking of swinging by before my flight back on Sunday afternoon.
I just talked to CS they told me the event is open to anyone. No reservation needed.
Sponsored

Richland Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ 2022 Volvo XC60
Marketing? It’s almost like they want to sell more than just the initial 48K Rivians... What a bunch of morons.

Seriously some of the people on this board are so grumpy about life that I’m relieved I will not be encountering them at any of these events. Rivian should send you all (wet) camping blankets.
You couldn't be more right. I have been critical of Rivian, mostly concerning the horrible communication with pre-order holders, which is STILL an issue. However, when Rivian does something right that should be acknowledged as well. This location and this event is an example of moving in the right direction.

I also have to laugh at forum members who are clutching their pearls over the fact that cities have homeless and Rivian has events geared for outdoors and adventure. Rivian has always marketed the R1 as an "Adventure Vehicle." This is wholly consistent with that and much akin to what REI does very successfully. Perhaps Ford or Hummer would be more in line for those offended by the homeless and the outdoors.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

They heard my cries

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Does this mean that I go visit this site anytime I want after OCT 17?

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I confirmed with CS that the invites for Friday and Saturday, Oct 15 and 16, are just for people locally to come check it out before it opens to the public. Starting on Sunday, Oct 17, it is open for anyone to visit during their open hours.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Fyi merchandise is available to buy at the first mile events. Very limited selection and stock though.

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
Forum members: Do something, ANYTHING, Rivian!
Rivian: <does something>
Forum members: omg that's terrible nooooo

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Just got done chatting with CS. I asked if there was any way I could get an invite to the Friday/Saturday event since I will be in town anyway. They said that the invites were sent only to people within a specific radius and CS cannot extend additional invites. I also asked if there will be merch at the Hub and the CS (named Curtis) said there might be some but he wasn't clear on what would be there.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Well, back in April 2020 they told me it would be out later in the year...

And then they told me the same in July 2020:

And then they got tired of me asking about it:
You got weird about it. Don’t make it weird.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
After I learn how to create "vibrant" soil at the 11/6 Organic Gardening 101 event, can I just tank-turn the shit out of it instead of using the manual roto-tiller?
How do we know that isn’t part of it?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

After I learn how to create "vibrant" soil at the 11/6 Organic Gardening 101 event, can I just tank-turn the shit out of it instead of using the manual roto-tiller?
You'll need the $5000 rototiller wheel attachment to achieve the best results. Look for it coming "s00n".

Also be on the lookout for the weedwhacker hitch attachment to keep those trails trimmed as you drive!

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
I'm about an hour away from Venice and I'm going Sunday. Why not check it out? I'm bringing the kids, getting some questions answered, and I get to see a truck or two there. Not sure what the downside is here...

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Well, back in April 2020 they told me it would be out later in the year...

And then they told me the same in July 2020:

And then they got tired of me asking about it:
You are persistent Stephen - and I appreciate the Hell out that! Just sucks they are ghosting you.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I'm about an hour away from Venice and I'm going Sunday. Why not check it out? I'm bringing the kids, getting some questions answered, and I get to see a truck or two there. Not sure what the downside is here...
Well obviously your kids will be abducted by homeless gangs and turned into junkies while you are brainwashed and recruited to join an eco-terror cell, but sure just head over there and see what happens, you crazy son of a gun.
Sponsored